• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi ,

Backgrounder :
As a partner, we are developing a document management Web Application in ASP.NET. We have plans to provide our service in AppExchange. We developed our application and trying  to provide link in the Salesforce site.

Problem:

Under Custom Links, we provided our URL with appropriate Querystrings that we need from SalesForce site. We would set the values in our application session ( Our hosted test environment) . I am getting a strange error (Attached at the end). The error is strange because, we just have a redirector page to our site and that in turn will call ASPX page. This page is just to display the values we received in Querystring.

In our local enviromnet, the pages are working fine.

My point : Is there anything, we are missing?. Have anyone faced this issue, when integrating with Salesforce. Please throw some lights...

Thanks
Bala

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   SalesForce_test.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +42
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061
Hi ,

Backgrounder :
As a partner, we are developing a document management Web Application in ASP.NET. We have plans to provide our service in AppExchange. We developed our application and trying  to provide link in the Salesforce site.

Problem:

Under Custom Links, we provided our URL with appropriate Querystrings that we need from SalesForce site. We would set the values in our application session ( Our hosted test environment) . I am getting a strange error (Attached at the end). The error is strange because, we just have a redirector page to our site and that in turn will call ASPX page. This page is just to display the values we received in Querystring.

In our local enviromnet, the pages are working fine.

My point : Is there anything, we are missing?. Have anyone faced this issue, when integrating with Salesforce. Please throw some lights...

Thanks
Bala

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   SalesForce_test.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +42
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061
I have a weird problem with session.

I use a web link to open a ASP.NET web application in a IFrame (instead of openning a new window). there are two aspx pages A and B. A is used to do authentication and create a user session once the user is authenticated. After that A will use Response.Redirect(B), to redirect to page B.

The problem is. the session variable is lost when I do redirect from A to B. as a result the user is never authenticated on B. I know the ASP .NET application works because I tested it in a separate IE window and it is fine.

What seems to be the problem here? I think it has something to do with IFrame.