• 10 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
This question might fall a little outside the scope of the Excel Connector, but I am hoping someone will be able to at least point me in the right direction.

I am working on uploading some really long text fields into activities using the Excel Connector.  Many of these fields are over 255 characters, which Excel truncates.   I can pull data from my parent data source into an .xls spreadsheet, which at least groups my long data fields together under each record - but they are still in multiple cells.  I can't combine the cells in Excel before I bring  that in to Salesforce, because I will still have the same problem with truncating.

Is there a way to link these cells together, and somehow bring them into Salesforce into the activity record sequentially?

Does that make sense?

Thanks!

-Brandy

I'm looking for independent consultants to provide estimates on customizations to our case-entry process in SFDC.  At a high-level, what we'd like to do is pull data from other related objects into our case using s-controls to query other tables using foreign keys. 

I can be contacted at jcannava@sanz.com.

Thanks,

John Cannava
Hey all,
I have been trying to use the Salesforce.com API in order to retrieve a user's Personal Groups.
I have looked through all of the queries and am unable to find a query to do this.
Where could I retrieve this from?
Thanks.

I've downloaded the sforce_connector PE and it works GREAT on most machines. On a few however, it won't install. I get a message from Microsoft/VisualBasic that says "Can't find Project or Library. Then it asks me for the sforce_connector password.
Has this happened to anyone else before? Does anyone know the password to the XLA? Maybe I can debug it on my own.
Neither "ttytytytyty" nor "sett" work

Many Thanks. Phil