• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is it possible to initiate a session using an existing session id?

It seems like the beta version of the toolkit allowed you to do that while the release version requires you to call login(username, password) before you can call the api using javascript.

I have a page on my own server that needs to interact with the API. I have the server url and the session id so I'd like to be able to use those to initiate the session. Will connection.js handle it? Do I need to set a certain javascript variable to my session?

Thanks!
This is probably easy but I can't quite figure out how to do it...

I'm trying to execute a search on an object... Say, Account. And I want to return Account Name, and Account Owner's Name.

The Account has a lookup field (OwnerId) but I really want to return the Name of that User. It seems to me that I would want to somehow join Account and User objects.

Is there a way to do that in SOSL? SOQL?

An example would be great.

Thanks
Hello I'm new to salesforce intergation and I have 2 questions.

Is there API access to SF templates?
Is there a way to use SalesForce.com to send the email?

Thank you.
Is it possible to initiate a session using an existing session id?

It seems like the beta version of the toolkit allowed you to do that while the release version requires you to call login(username, password) before you can call the api using javascript.

I have a page on my own server that needs to interact with the API. I have the server url and the session id so I'd like to be able to use those to initiate the session. Will connection.js handle it? Do I need to set a certain javascript variable to my session?

Thanks!
Hello

We need to send Lead assignment alert emails to individuals other than the lead, lead owner or any other system users. To accomplish this, I've created a small Windows service that periodically polls SalesForce to find new leads and then sends out the additional emails - not a perfect solution, but it works. This leads me to two questions. Is there another way to send these emails? And if not, can I access Email templates as documents through the API so that administrators can still use the SalesForce interface to create and maintain the templates and my code can populate the fields when the emails are sent?

Thanks In Advance,
Steve
  • August 11, 2006
Hello!
I have a scontrol that clones an Opportunity and all related lists, including the Partner Object.  Because the Partner object cannot be queried by standard users, I am querying the OpportunityPartner object, which is supposed to be accessible by all user profiles.

The error is 'Invalid_Type: sObject type 'OpportunityPartner' not supported.  I get this error with both a SysAdmin and Standard User profile.  If I switch back to queryiing the old 'Partner' object, it works, but only with a SysAdmin profile.

Any help is appreciated!
Chris