• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all.

I have a scenario in which my client is very nervous about allowing web service calls from Appexchange into his LAN.Is there any literature on how Appexchange implements secure web services .Specifically

1) will the client need to install any XML firewalls on his side ?
2) if he decides to use SSL instead what changes will he have to make on his side in the LAN and also in his salesforce.com account ?
3) in general how does appexchange implement Ws Security ?

Thanks a tonne
jhm
Hi all

I have seen a lot of literature that talks about how clients can 'pull' data out out Salesforce.com using the Appexchange APIs.

How does Salesforce.com 'push' data out though ? ie. what is the technical behaviour when Appexchange is acting in a server mode ?

Cheers
hi,

When i covert a lead into an account in salesforce,i would like a mechanism to automatically transfer the account information from Salesforce to my SAP system.Is this possible at all ?

What is happening currently is that i have to manually export account data from Salesforce to some excel file which then gets picked up by SAP

Thanks,
jhmeyer
Hi guys,

new to the system and was looking for tips on how to upload a batch file from a unix directory into salesforce.

cheers
jmeyer
hi,

When i covert a lead into an account in salesforce,i would like a mechanism to automatically transfer the account information from Salesforce to my SAP system.Is this possible at all ?

What is happening currently is that i have to manually export account data from Salesforce to some excel file which then gets picked up by SAP

Thanks,
jhmeyer