• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello there,

I'm getting the following error message when attempting to install the ide plug-in for Eclipse Galileo 3.5.2(

Version: 1.2.2.20100216-1730
Build id: 20100218-1602

):

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
  session context was:(profile=epp.package.java, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
  Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.api,25.0.0.201206181021.
    MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: cfe2af79a543696580b0dc8120ae63ea and found 799c5bdd31a89e7c60f647137a85e908.
  Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.core,25.0.0.201206181021.
    MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 2850ffbb014faaf022bbb32f146ee699 and found fa691ae51499a0f4080b1ccfd1dc5774.
  Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.documentation,25.0.0.201206181021.
    MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 314d2f02d4c7e63caaff7feff76dcd87 and found adc8ecfc283f9f80ce0ba8b024fb0f30.

Any ideas?  Seems like there's MD5 hash issue...

• October 10, 2012

I'm working on a project for a marketing team.  they want to match their incoming leads to a Mailing List which contains millions of records.

My question is what is the best design for performing the matching in order to minimize the number of queries.  I have address fields (street, city, state, zip), phone and company name which I can use for matching.  An address match has a high rank of 4, the phone match has a med rank of 3 and the company match has a low rank of 2.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.  Please let me know if you additional clarification is required.

Hello to all,

I've trying to create a simple VisualForce page for a client.  They want to modify the sales price on the opportunity product page with a slider.  I was trying to use the following code to simply pull some of the OpportunityLineItem details back from the opty on to my VF page:

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity">

<body>
        <apex:panelGrid columns="1" styleClass="companyTable" width="100%">
            <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Name}" styleClass="companyName"/>
            <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Street}"/>
            <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.City}, {!$Organization.State} {!$Organization.PostalCode}"/>
            <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Phone}"/>
        </apex:panelGrid>
        <apex:outputPanel layout="block" styleClass="line"/>
        <apex:panelGrid columns="1" styleClass="centered" width="100%">
            <apex:panelGrid columns="2" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" columnClasses="left,right">
                <apex:outputText value="Opportunity Name {!Opportunity.name}" styleClass="customerName"/>
                <apex:outputText value="{!Opportunity.account.name}" styleClass="customerName"/>
        <apex:outputPanel layout="block" styleClass="lineSmall"/>
        <apex:repeat value="{!Opportunity.OpportunityLineItems}" var="line">
        <apex:panelGrid columns="2" columnClasses="left,right" width="100%">
            <apex:panelGroup >
                <apex:outputText value="{!line.name}" styleClass="productName"/>
                <apex:outputText value="{!line.id}" styleClass="productName"/>
            </apex:panelGroup>
        </apex:repeat>

</body>
</apex:page>

but alas, I get this error message when I try to save the above page:

Error: Invalid field name for SObject OpportunityLineItem

I double checked the name of the relationship field and it's OpportunityLineItems in the WSDL...  Any direction would be much appreciated.

• April 06, 2012

Human Resources related data is very sensitive (i.e. reflects compensation, personnel data, performance info, etc...) Is it a best practice to install HR related managed packages in a dedicated HR org or should the app be installed in the same org as all other applications with the full knowledge that all users with admin access will have access to the above data. On the plus side of course, there are fewer integration points to sync up employee specific information changes... 

Are there any other points which should be taken into consideration with this type of implementation?

• August 23, 2011

Hello,

Our sales team has multiple reps (upto 4) working on the same opportunity at a time.  What's the best way to split the opportunity amount amongst the four reps without adversly affecting:

Reporting - each sales rep should be able to run their own sales revenue report.

Forecasting - the executive team should be able to run a sales revenue report without double or tripple counting amount values.

Products - Schedules should be associated with the opportunity in a way to allow for spliting of the associated revenue based on a split %.

Future integrations - Integrations with other web services, like incentive calculation for sales rep, should not be adversely impacted by the solution implemented.  In other words, we should be able to send over unique Opportunities without an issue.

Are there any suggestions or recommendations for solutions to this Split Opportunity question?

Regards,

PS - I'm posting after having opened a support ticket and reviewed the idea for split opty's on ideas.

http://sites.force.com/ideaexchange/ideaView?id=08730000000BowoAAC

Hello there,

I'm getting the following error message when attempting to install the ide plug-in for Eclipse Galileo 3.5.2(

Version: 1.2.2.20100216-1730
Build id: 20100218-1602

):

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
  session context was:(profile=epp.package.java, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
  Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.api,25.0.0.201206181021.
    MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: cfe2af79a543696580b0dc8120ae63ea and found 799c5bdd31a89e7c60f647137a85e908.
  Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.core,25.0.0.201206181021.
    MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 2850ffbb014faaf022bbb32f146ee699 and found fa691ae51499a0f4080b1ccfd1dc5774.
  Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.documentation,25.0.0.201206181021.
    MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 314d2f02d4c7e63caaff7feff76dcd87 and found adc8ecfc283f9f80ce0ba8b024fb0f30.

Any ideas?  Seems like there's MD5 hash issue...

• October 10, 2012

Hi,

Am getting this error, do anyone knows how to fix it?

Method does not exist or incorrect signature: BigMachinesQuoting.syncQuoteWithOpty(Id, Id) at line 36 column 9

trigger promotePrimaryProdToOppty1 on BigMachines__Quote__c (after insert, after update) {

// There is no standard scenario where multiple quotes are created in one
    // batch operation.  There are standard scenarios where multiple quotes
    // are updated in one batch operation.  This trigger only operates for
    // individual quote creation or multiple quote modification.  If multiple
    // quotes are created at the same time (through the Data Loader, for
    // example) this trigger will not do anything.  This trigger will fire,
    // however, if multiple quotes are updated at the same time.

//loop through trigger and find primary
    Integer index = -1;
    if (Trigger.isInsert) {
        //if a single quote is being created as primary, sync it with opty
        if ((Trigger.size == 1) && (Trigger.new[0].BigMachines__Is_Primary__c == true)) {
            index = 0;
        }
    } else {
        for (Integer i=0; i<Trigger.size; i++) {
            //loop through all updated quotes
            if ((Trigger.old[i].BigMachines__Is_Primary__c == false) && (Trigger.new[i].BigMachines__Is_Primary__c == true)) {
                //if a quote is changing to primary
                if (index == -1) {
                    // found first primary, mark to sync with opty
                    index = i;
                } else {
                    // found more than one primary, so don't sync with opty
                    index = -1;
                    break;
                }
            }
        }
    }

if (index >= 0) {
        BigMachinesQuoting.syncQuoteWithOpty(Trigger.new[index].Id,Trigger.new[index].BigMachines__Opportunity__c);
    }

}

I'm working on a project for a marketing team.  they want to match their incoming leads to a Mailing List which contains millions of records.

My question is what is the best design for performing the matching in order to minimize the number of queries.  I have address fields (street, city, state, zip), phone and company name which I can use for matching.  An address match has a high rank of 4, the phone match has a med rank of 3 and the company match has a low rank of 2.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.  Please let me know if you additional clarification is required.

Hello to all,

I've trying to create a simple VisualForce page for a client.  They want to modify the sales price on the opportunity product page with a slider.  I was trying to use the following code to simply pull some of the OpportunityLineItem details back from the opty on to my VF page:

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity">

<body>
        <apex:panelGrid columns="1" styleClass="companyTable" width="100%">
            <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Name}" styleClass="companyName"/>
            <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Street}"/>
            <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.City}, {!$Organization.State} {!$Organization.PostalCode}"/>
            <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Phone}"/>
        <apex:outputPanel layout="block" styleClass="line"/>
        <apex:panelGrid columns="1" styleClass="centered" width="100%">
            <apex:panelGrid columns="2" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" columnClasses="left,right">
                <apex:outputText value="Opportunity Name {!Opportunity.name}" styleClass="customerName"/>
                <apex:outputText value="{!Opportunity.account.name}" styleClass="customerName"/>
        <apex:outputPanel layout="block" styleClass="lineSmall"/>
        <apex:repeat value="{!Opportunity.OpportunityLineItems}" var="line">
        <apex:panelGrid columns="2" columnClasses="left,right" width="100%">
            <apex:panelGroup >
                <apex:outputText value="{!line.name}" styleClass="productName"/>
                <apex:outputText value="{!line.id}" styleClass="productName"/>
            </apex:panelGroup>
        </apex:repeat>

</body>
</apex:page>

but alas, I get this error message when I try to save the above page:

Error: Invalid field name for SObject OpportunityLineItem

I double checked the name of the relationship field and it's OpportunityLineItems in the WSDL...  Any direction would be much appreciated.

• April 06, 2012

Hello,

I get the following error during plugin installation. I have ensured Eclipse is not under program files. I tried runninf eclispe as administrator.

Can someone tell me exactly what and how does one configure on windows 7 UAC to ensure this problem goes.

away?

I did try to add my login user to administrator group. I also gave all authenticated users modify permissions in eclipse folder

regards
Sameer

cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 23.0.2.201201091635 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 23.0.2.201201091635)
  Software currently installed: Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 1.4.0.20110615-0550 (epp.package.java 1.4.0.20110615-0550)
  Only one of the following can be installed at once:
    International Components for Unicode for Java (ICU4J) 4.4.2.v20110208 (com.ibm.icu 4.4.2.v20110208)
    International Components for Unicode for Java (ICU4J) 4.0.1.v20090822 (com.ibm.icu 4.0.1.v20090822)
  Only one of the following can be installed at once:
    Structured Source Editor 1.1.102.v200910200227 (org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui 1.1.102.v200910200227)
    Structured Source Editor 1.3.0.v201105101529 (org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui 1.3.0.v201105101529)
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: Force.com IDE 23.0.2.201201091635 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 23.0.2.201201091635)
    To: org.eclipse.wst.html.ui [1.0.0,2.0.0)
    From: Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 1.4.0.20110615-0550 (epp.package.java 1.4.0.20110615-0550)
    To: org.eclipse.epp.package.java.feature.feature.group [1.4.0.20110615-0550]
    From: EPP Java Package 1.4.0.20110615-0550 (org.eclipse.epp.package.java.feature.feature.group 1.4.0.20110615-0550)
    To: org.eclipse.rcp.feature.group 3.7.0

Can salesforce partner wsdl be used to make API calls from one org to other?

Is it possible to add public calendar to visual forca page with some standard controller and ID?

Click to "change button" is very uncomfortable way and I want to just show visualforce page with one click tab.

• January 06, 2011

Hi There,

Question on De Dupes and Merging

Right now I am able merge only 3 records although the SFDC pulls as many dupes as an email id will have (for eg if emaild id jack.jill@free.com has 20 dupes it pulls all of it, but unfortunaltely allows me to merge only 3 records at a time. Is there a code or a free tool available were i can merge one set of duplicate id's at a one stretch.

Could you also suggest a way to run/create a de dupe report in SDFC itself .There is no field in SDFC about dupes but only a button is available on the lead page which says find duplicates.

Can any one help?

Thanks

• August 20, 2010

Hi,

I have this actionFunction:

<apex:actionFunction action="{!addStuff}" name="addStuffJS"> <apex:param name="firstParam" assignTo="{!xAdded}" value="" /> <apex:param name="secondParam" assignTo="{!yAdded}" value="" /> <apex:param name="thirdParam" assignTo="{!zAdded}" value="" /> </apex:actionFunction>

and in the controller there is:

public String xAdded { get; set; } public String yAdded { get; set; } public String zAdded { get; set; } public void addStuff() { system.debug('added x: ' + xAdded); }

The actionFunction is called from a JS script which itself is invoked after some button is pressed like so:

function btnActionJS() { for (var i=0; i < thisArray.size(); i++) { addStuffJS(thisArray[i]x, thisArray[i].y, thisArray[i].z); } }

The issue is that the values for xAdded, yAdded, and zAdded on the controller are all null when the button on the page is pressed (the debug statement on addStuff() prints null). Am I doing something wrong somewhere?!

Thanks.

• January 20, 2010

Hi,

When will eclipse galileo be suppoted for the IDE?

Thanks

Hi,

Need your help.

After installing Eclipse3.3.2 + Force.com IDE,

(1) I successfully create a Force.com project using my developer account

(2) However, when I try to create my second Force.com project using my company's account
          (Salesforce Enterprise Edition), an error says:

Unable to create connection to Salesforce:
                    sObject type 'Project' is not suported

What does it means ?

How to solve it ?

Regards,