• 140 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am going through the process of packing an application.  I got it working ok in an unmanaged package.  I am now trying to get it working in a beta managed package.  After packaging and trying to install in a clean DE org, I am having an issue with one of the visualforce pages that does an <apex:include> to another page in the same package:

<apex:include pageName="AnotherPage"/> 

I am guessing it is failing due to a namespace issue.  I read in another thread that there are some potential changes in Summer 10 with respect to packaging & namespaces.

Does anybody know how to correctly reference another page an an apex:include so it works ok in Spring 10?

Will the issue above be fixed in Summer 10?

Hello everyone!!

Do you know if there is any option to hide the Apex code (classes, pages and triggers) without doing a managed package?!?!?

Where are going to release our last salesforce project but we don't want to let them access to the code....

thanks in advance!!

Hi,

I'm curious how people is configuring group permissions for EC2 instance services to be pulled from salesforce.com apps, since ec2 group permissions require a CIDR ip mask to explicitly grant firewall permissions, and i'm not sure how to obtain if a reliable static ip exists for the salesforce.com side, and how to obtain it 

trigger AcctUpdateTrigger on Account (before insert, after update) {

for(Account a: Trigger.New){

Datetime mytime = datetime.now();

Integer h = mytime.hour();

if (h =< 18)

{

if (a.RecordTypeID=='012400000000ztBAAQ')

{

function_Outcall.SaveAcct(a.AccountNumber);

}

}

}

}

I got a "Unexpected Token : " error message.

what is wrong with it?

trigger AcctUpdateTrigger on Account (before insert, after update) {   for(Account a: Trigger.New){

Datetime mytime = datetime.now();

Integer h = mytime.hour();

if (h =< 18)

{                      if (a.RecordTypeID=='012400000000ztBAAQ'){

function_Outcall.SaveAcct(a.AccountNumber);

}

}

}

}

I got a "Unexpected Token : " error message.

what is wrong with it?

Hi,

We have a product that exposes some Rest services to enable integration from various platforms. Wanting to make these services easier to use for our customers on SFDC we have created some Apex classes that provide a nice jumpstart to somebody that want’s to call our product and use the data returned to update campaigns\records within SFDC.

I want to use the SFDC package mechanism (where I upload the package and get a URL to send to my customers) to distribute my Apex samples to users.

Also, we’d like to make some of the Apex code part of a managed package – to limit the users changing low level code, making my support a little easier and enforcing upward compatibility of my helper code.

Do I need to be on AppExchange to do as I’ve mentioned above and distribute my classes via the package mechanism? Can I just give our support team the URL for the managed package and let them give it to customers that call?

Thanks,

Tony

I have a parent child relationship... on the before update of the child record, I wasn to write the name of the child to include the parent name... here is what I have but the parent name portion is shown as null

for (Health_Enrollment_Product_Detail__c HEPD: Trigger.new){
     //Set the name of the health_enrollment_product_detail object
     HEPD.name = HEPD.Health_Enrollment_Summary__r.name + ' ' + HEPD.Product__c + ' ' + HEPD.Funding_Type__c;
          }

Thanks!!

I want get a js date control for my inputFiled and I know the salesforce has own js date control ,but I do't  konw hao can I get it,so I hope you can tell me hao to do it, thanks!!!

hi all,

we have a scenario where in we need to have same number but different versions of it  in one of our objects.

eg: PartNumber and version ( both are text type) i want to create a custom autonumber scheme for the partnumber.

if i use autonumber type available in force.com, i cannot create another part object with same part number but different version, want help on solving this issue, any suggestion would be really great.

Hi guys,

I've been digging around trying to work out how to find out how to calculate the "Tax" field without having to calculate it by hand? Specifically on the opportunity and the quotes section...

I'm thinking that creating a custom field might be the best way, but is a bit annoying in case we want to "0" out the tax field for an international transaction/quotation.

Thanks in advance.

Alex.

Hello... Totally new to this.

I am trying to create a workflow flow rule to send out an email to the sales rep if the stage has not been updated. I need the formula or syntax for the following.

Close date<Today and (stage name <> product accepted or <> close lost)

any help would be greatly appreciated- Thanks in advance.

I have created a custom field that uses the formula "amount - setup_fee_c" and for some reason it only works some of the time... As in, half of the opportunities will show the custom field correctly based on the above formula, and the rest will just be blank. Any idea why this is the case?

I am going through the process of packing an application.  I got it working ok in an unmanaged package.  I am now trying to get it working in a beta managed package.  After packaging and trying to install in a clean DE org, I am having an issue with one of the visualforce pages that does an <apex:include> to another page in the same package:

<apex:include pageName="AnotherPage"/> 

I am guessing it is failing due to a namespace issue.  I read in another thread that there are some potential changes in Summer 10 with respect to packaging & namespaces.

Does anybody know how to correctly reference another page an an apex:include so it works ok in Spring 10?

Will the issue above be fixed in Summer 10?

Hello  - Are there any apps for salesforce.com that allows users to assign a task to field reps that are not saleforce.com users? We are looking for a way to be able to share simple lead contact information with an internal employee who does not have access to salesforce - and remind them to follow up on this lead and let us know the status of the lead?

Hi,

I've recently discovered that the custom object name 'Site', with the API name 'Site__c' seems now to be used as a native SF object name (presumably since Sites went public).  I use this name in my application and now need to deploy it to another org.  Of course, I'm unable to transfer my custom Site__c object, because SF complains that the name already exists.

I have that name referenced in quite a few Apex classes and VF pages.  What is the most practical to go about resolving this?  I can think of a couple of ways:

Option 1 -- Try reusing the existing 'Site' object

- Temporarily remove all references to Site__c from all Apex and VF page files (How???  This sounds like it would be a pain.)
- Rename the site API name to 'azSite__c' (for example)

- Modify all of the Apex and VF page references to the old name ('Site__c') to reference 'azSite__c'

Advantages:
- Can keep existing Site data

Disadvantages:
- Temporily removing existing references sounds very painful

Option 2 -- Create and use a new 'Site' object

- Create a new site object with the API name 'azSite__c'
- Modify all of the Apex and VF page references to the old name ('Site__c') to reference 'azSite__c' (can do this by doing a global 'search and replace' on the local files in Eclipse, then saving files to Force.com)

Advantages:
- Simpler to implement than trying to modify existing object
Disadvantages:
- Lose existing Site data 

Are there other options that I'm overlooking? Can something be done with namespaces to avoid the conflict with the built-in name 'Site'?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Alex

Hello,

I'm using the XMLDom class to parse some XML. I'm trying to set a variable to a list of tag names that I can loop through later. What is the correct return type I should set 'names' in the following code to?

names = responseXML.getElementsByTagName('names');

I've tried setting it to List<String> but I get the following error:

Error: Compile Error: Illegal assignment from LIST:XMLDom.Element to LIST:String

Thanks,

Dan

• June 10, 2009

Hi,

On a workflow, I am concatenating Subject and Description on Case; I would like to add a line break between the two, but none of the following work :

Subject + "\n" + Description

Subject + '\n' + Description

Subject + "<br>" + Description

What should I use ?

RUp 

• June 10, 2009

So I work for a software consultant company. I've been tasked with figuring out how this salesforce stuff. If I develop an app how do I get paid?

Do people who use my app have to have a salesforce acount?

Is there a person who I can talk to about any of this?

thanks for any help.

I have succesfully integrated SAMLwith Salesforce(Federated Authentication).But my requirement is Salesforce should send SAML request to my application(delegated Authentication)  and after successfull authentication my application will redirected request to a secure resource.

Can Salesforce send SAML assertion for user authentication...? 

does Salesforce supporing it..?

Please reply 

Hi,

We have a requirement to have shortcut keys for standard salesforce button. Eg. When u click on opportunities tab the opportunity page opens. To create a new record, save,delete etc can we have shortcut keys for these buttons. 

Regards

Joseph

Hello everyone!!

Do you know if there is any option to hide the Apex code (classes, pages and triggers) without doing a managed package?!?!?

Where are going to release our last salesforce project but we don't want to let them access to the code....

thanks in advance!!