• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are developing a "native" application using SFDC as the database and Flex for UI and business logic.  Right now we are loading and running the Flex .swf executable from an external server.  How do we store this file and run it from within SFDC?  I've heard that we can store the executable in Documents and run it from there.  Can anyone point me to the details for this?

Thanks,
Dean
What is SFDC's stance on AJAX security issues raised at the recent RSA Conference?

Here's the opening paragraph in a CRN article on the conference:

"Companies are moving to AJAX-based Web applications to stay trendy and fight off competitors, but they're not heeding the security risks, a security expert said Wednesday at the RSA Conference in San Francisco."

And here's the link to the CRN article:

http://www.crn.com/nl/security/showArticle.jhtml?articleId=197004122

We are developing an AppExchange client app that uses AJAX, and don't want to get blindsided if SFDC limits support for the AJAX toolkit, or if our mutual customers don't want to adopt our app because of security concerns.

Thanks,
Dean

I've tried to create a relatively simple function in both the Eclipse environment and in Setup->Build->Code, and unless/until the code compiles correctly, all edits since the last successful compile will be wiped out.

I'm a newbie to Java, so I don't know if this is normal.  But I don't always finish debugging a code block before I want to (or have to) move onto something else, and I don't want to lose the work I've done when I do so.

Perhaps have both "in development" and "deployed" modes for Apex code packages?

As an aside, it's interesting that I can be editing the same code in both places at the same time.  There should probably be an interlock for this.
I've noticed several errors/inconsistencies in the  "Creating On-Demand Applications with AppExchange" tutorial.   For instance:
  • No Reviews tab is created in Chapter 6 (intentionally), but a Reviews tab is referenced in Chapter 7 when setting up a Recruiter profile
  • There are Engineering jobs and job codes in the downloadable import files, but picklist values for these are not created during the tutorial
  • There is no downloadable import file for Job Applications, even though it is mentioned and necessary to complete Chapter 6
Are corrected/consistent updates available for the .pdf and import files?
Thanks...

We need a programmer or programming team to help us convert a client-server application, currently implemented using Excel/Access/VBA, into an AppExchange application.  Implementation can be in either .NET or Java.  Longer term, we want to take advantage of Apex, so Java might be the best choice; .NET implementation will probably be quicker, given its similarity to the current platform.

Some features of the application:

• 50+ new Salesforce objects
  • 10+ new Salesforce tabs
  • Interactive tables (selection/sorting of table data)
  • Interactive charts (drill-down to other chart types)
  • Significant back-end processing – lots of calculations for custom algorithms
  • Role-based

If you are interested, be ready to:

• Give examples of your successful, on-demand Java or .NET projects
  • Discuss trade-offs of the two implementation alternatives
  • Discuss technology alternatives for key project features (tables, charts, etc.)
  • Give an estimate of time required for you or your team to complete the project described above

Interested, or know of someone who is?  Please contact Dean Frazier, dpfrazier@yahoo.com.  And if you are attending Apex Day in SF on January 16, let’s try to connect there.

Are opportunity history data (such as probabilities and stage durations) accessible via the API?

And can historical data be stored and accessed for custom objects?

Thanks,
Dean
We are developing a "native" application using SFDC as the database and Flex for UI and business logic.  Right now we are loading and running the Flex .swf executable from an external server.  How do we store this file and run it from within SFDC?  I've heard that we can store the executable in Documents and run it from there.  Can anyone point me to the details for this?

Thanks,
Dean
Hi,

I am working on an S-Control, but by default it seems to have an inner scroll-bar (excluding the browser scroll bars). How can I disable the inner scrollbars(horizontal and vertical) for the S-Control page.

Appreciate any feedback on this, since the user will have to control 4 scrolbars to navigate the page.

Thanks and regards,
Ambili
  • August 24, 2007
I've tried to create a relatively simple function in both the Eclipse environment and in Setup->Build->Code, and unless/until the code compiles correctly, all edits since the last successful compile will be wiped out.

I'm a newbie to Java, so I don't know if this is normal.  But I don't always finish debugging a code block before I want to (or have to) move onto something else, and I don't want to lose the work I've done when I do so.

Perhaps have both "in development" and "deployed" modes for Apex code packages?

As an aside, it's interesting that I can be editing the same code in both places at the same time.  There should probably be an interlock for this.
So I've followed the instruction guide several times over and I keep running into this problem Every time it try to create a project it won't let me past the APEX project creation wizard. I have a developer account and it won't work -

https://prerelna1.pre.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/8.0 I've used all the common SOAP endpoints. What am I doing wrong. Any direction would be great