• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Quick question for anyone who has developed a managed package.

I've got a partner who has done some configuration in a managed package on their DE org but now wants to change the data type of one of the custom fields on one of his custom objects.  He reports that the system will not let him do it.  Does anyone know his options here?

Thanks.
Trying to figure out a customer situation where the Salesforce.com identity confirmation feature is going haywire.

When a user gets the message requiring him to validate the machine that he is logging in from, what is Salesforce.com actually looking at?

Is it saying the following? "User X is trying to log in from an IP address that has not been authenticated for User X?"  Or is there something deeper going like looking at the MAC address of the network card or something like that?

If Salesforce is just looking at the IP address, then would I be correct in assuming that when a user's Cable or DSL company assigns them a new IP address via DHCP, that the user will have to 'authenticate their machine' again?

The actual issue at hand is that the agents are using an SSL VPN from home.  The SSL VPN doesn't assign their home machine a new IP address, it seems to route the traffic through the SSL VPN machine some other way.  Would whitelisting the external facing IP of the SSL VPN box do the trick?

Thanks for any help
I have heard that Self-Signed Certs are not allowed for OM, SSO and Apex Callouts, but when setting up Email Relay to use TLS, is using self-signed certs disallowed for this as well?
Thanks.
All,
I understand delegated authentication pretty well, but have a question about how it all works with the Outlook Plugin.

So let's say that I have my delegated authentication setup so that when a user logs into my company intranet, he or she gets issued a SiteMinder token.  Then when they click on the "Go to CRM" link, we convert their network username to their equivalent SFDC username and put the Siteminder token in the password field.   So far, so good, but what about the Outlook Connector?

When the user fires up Outlook and the SFDC Outlook Connector prompts them for a Username and Password what do they enter?  They don't know their SFDC Id and they definitely don't know what their SiteMinder token is.  Has used Delegated Authentication in such a way that it successfully handles the Outlook (or other Office) connectors?

Thanks,
V81
Guys,
I may be going crazy but trying to pull in joined User fields appears to work only for a few fields like FirstName, LastName and Alias.  All other standard and custom fields appear to the API as non-existent and return an error.

Example:
This query works fine:
Select Id, Task.Owner.FirstName from Task where Task.Id = '<some Task Id>'

But this one does not:
Select Id, Task.Owner.City from Task where Task.Id = '<some Task Id>'

result: non-existent field error on City.

This does not have anything to do with field-level-security because you can't set FLS on the User object.

What is happening here?

Our org just had its Sandbox upgraded but when I go to Apex Code there is no "New" button.   The "Help About This Page" link takes me to a page that says that there should be a "New" button which will allow me to create Apex code. 

What is the 'official' version of how to create Apex Code in the Summer 07 Sandbox?

Thanks.
All,
I've tried everything but Dynabean.save doesn't return anything.  I've tried sforceClient.create and it returns zip too.

I know that "set" and "create" calls are being made because the API complains if there is an invalid field on "sets" and the callback fires when I use "create" (I've tried both .save() and create() but neither works or returns anything in the saveResult.)

Here are the relevant code snippets.  Any help appreciated.

<script language="javascript" src="https://www.salesforce.com/services/lib/ajax/beta3.3/sforceclient.js?browser=true"
            type="text/javascript"></script>

sforceClient.init("{!API_Session_ID}", "{!API_Partner_Server_URL_70}");
sforceClient.registerInitCallback(getOpportunity);

var renewalOppty = new Sforce.Dynabean("opportunity");
    try
    {
        renewalOppty.set("Name", document.OpptyForm.OpptyName.value);
        //renewalOppty.set("Description", document.OpptyForm.OpptyDesc.value);
        renewalOppty.set("Description", "My Description");
       renewalOppty.set("Type",document.OpptyForm.OpptyType.value);
       renewalOppty.set("Amount", m_amount);
       renewalOppty.set("LeadSource", m_leadSource);
       renewalOppty.set("OwnerId", m_ownerId);

var oCloseDate = new Date("12/31/2006");
       renewalOppty.set("CloseDate", oCloseDate);
       renewalOppty.set("StageName", m_stageName);
       renewalOppty.set("ForecastCategory", "Pipeline");
       renewalOppty.set("CurrencyIsoCode", "USD - U.S. Dollar");
       //renewalOppty.set("Country", "US");

//var opptyArray = new Array();
       //opptyArray[0] = renewalOppty;
       saveResult = renewalOppty.save();
       alert(typeof saveResult);
        //sResult = sforceClient.create(opptyArray,dummy);
    Is there a way to use the same list over again for multiple objects?

I want three dropdowns.Base Fee 1, Base Fee 2 ad Base Fee 3 all fields within my Price Object I created. I want to have a dropdown (Onetime, hourly, Quarter, Yearly).

So, it is possible to have three types of Base fee's. The user could pick Base Fee 1 (dropdown as Yearly) and then put Base 1 amount, then choose Base Fee 2 (monthly) and put Base 2 amount.

My question is, do I have to create 3 different fields (all have the same dropdown choices) or can I create one Base Fee field and put it on the form 3 times?

Also, can I create Base Fee as an object instead of a field and imbed this within the pricing tab (which is the price object)?

I don't know Apex yet, so I'm trying to do this without Apex.

I'm running into multiple situations where I have a dropdown source that I want to reuse and I can't seem to figure out how to reuse it, especially if it is a large list...

Trying to figure out a customer situation where the Salesforce.com identity confirmation feature is going haywire.

When a user gets the message requiring him to validate the machine that he is logging in from, what is Salesforce.com actually looking at?

Is it saying the following? "User X is trying to log in from an IP address that has not been authenticated for User X?"  Or is there something deeper going like looking at the MAC address of the network card or something like that?

If Salesforce is just looking at the IP address, then would I be correct in assuming that when a user's Cable or DSL company assigns them a new IP address via DHCP, that the user will have to 'authenticate their machine' again?

The actual issue at hand is that the agents are using an SSL VPN from home.  The SSL VPN doesn't assign their home machine a new IP address, it seems to route the traffic through the SSL VPN machine some other way.  Would whitelisting the external facing IP of the SSL VPN box do the trick?

Thanks for any help
Hi all.......any suggestions????

I have two fields which are of data type checkbox on a custom object. Upon selection of one check box the other one should be automatically selected. Is there any way in SFDC to solve this issue.

Ex: Status and In-Process are two fields upon selection of Status ,In-process should be selected.

I tried this using Trigger , but the problem with that is the trigger fires only when i press save button.
But i need this immediately upon selection of status.
  • June 13, 2008
HELP!
I need a workfloew rule that will Not send an alert to Sales Management when a deal is Closed Lost, and the prior stage value was either Identified or Dialog Initiated

Currently Sales Mgt gets email alerts everytime a deal is closed lost(that one was easy). I was told by some I have to do a custom rule by using Priorvalue but I can not get it right...
Can someone help!

SO far I have:
PRIORVALUE(Stage=Identified,Dialog Initiated)= TRUE
  • May 21, 2008
I have heard that Self-Signed Certs are not allowed for OM, SSO and Apex Callouts, but when setting up Email Relay to use TLS, is using self-signed certs disallowed for this as well?
Thanks.
All,
I understand delegated authentication pretty well, but have a question about how it all works with the Outlook Plugin.

So let's say that I have my delegated authentication setup so that when a user logs into my company intranet, he or she gets issued a SiteMinder token.  Then when they click on the "Go to CRM" link, we convert their network username to their equivalent SFDC username and put the Siteminder token in the password field.   So far, so good, but what about the Outlook Connector?

When the user fires up Outlook and the SFDC Outlook Connector prompts them for a Username and Password what do they enter?  They don't know their SFDC Id and they definitely don't know what their SiteMinder token is.  Has used Delegated Authentication in such a way that it successfully handles the Outlook (or other Office) connectors?

Thanks,
V81
Guys,
I may be going crazy but trying to pull in joined User fields appears to work only for a few fields like FirstName, LastName and Alias.  All other standard and custom fields appear to the API as non-existent and return an error.

Example:
This query works fine:
Select Id, Task.Owner.FirstName from Task where Task.Id = '<some Task Id>'

But this one does not:
Select Id, Task.Owner.City from Task where Task.Id = '<some Task Id>'

result: non-existent field error on City.

This does not have anything to do with field-level-security because you can't set FLS on the User object.

What is happening here?

Hi,

Is it possible to use salesforce as a foundation for an online community? In other words, can I have non-salesforce users login to a PHP application that contacts the salesforce database and allows my users to  update their profile?

Thanks for any advice.

• January 02, 2008
Our org just had its Sandbox upgraded but when I go to Apex Code there is no "New" button.   The "Help About This Page" link takes me to a page that says that there should be a "New" button which will allow me to create Apex code. 

What is the 'official' version of how to create Apex Code in the Summer 07 Sandbox?

Thanks.
All,
I've tried everything but Dynabean.save doesn't return anything.  I've tried sforceClient.create and it returns zip too.

I know that "set" and "create" calls are being made because the API complains if there is an invalid field on "sets" and the callback fires when I use "create" (I've tried both .save() and create() but neither works or returns anything in the saveResult.)

Here are the relevant code snippets.  Any help appreciated.

<script language="javascript" src="https://www.salesforce.com/services/lib/ajax/beta3.3/sforceclient.js?browser=true"
            type="text/javascript"></script>

sforceClient.init("{!API_Session_ID}", "{!API_Partner_Server_URL_70}");
sforceClient.registerInitCallback(getOpportunity);

var renewalOppty = new Sforce.Dynabean("opportunity");
    try
    {
        renewalOppty.set("Name", document.OpptyForm.OpptyName.value);
        //renewalOppty.set("Description", document.OpptyForm.OpptyDesc.value);
        renewalOppty.set("Description", "My Description");
       renewalOppty.set("Type",document.OpptyForm.OpptyType.value);
       renewalOppty.set("Amount", m_amount);
       renewalOppty.set("LeadSource", m_leadSource);