• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've sworn i've seen this field captured in the User table before, however i can't seem to find it anymore.

Can anybody tell me where this field is held thanks?

As per the title,

I have a picklist (ie. stage) and want users to select a multipicklist item when the stage is set to say LOST.

I get a NOT APPLICABLE on the multipicklist field when i enter the page?

Am i doing something wrong?

Another method i thought was to use field validation so that when the stage is changed to 'LOST'
the length of the multipicklist cannot be 0 or   ISNULL(picklist)

does any body know how to get around this and apply some type of validation on the field?
ie. there could be multiple reasons why the opportunity was lost.

cheers, JT
Hi,

I'm still a JS beginner programmer and been killing me how this works!
Basically, i'm trying to collect response from external users via email, if they would like to attend a function or not.

I've tested the function below on IE and it works perfectly fine. The javascript function fires off when executed within a web page. It basically changes the member_status to 'accept' or 'declined'. This is the most important part which i want to get working.

The same function does not work when executed from a HTML BASED EMAIL. It will pass the original value 'Temp Value' back into SFA regardless of which button i click.

How do i get this to work?? If there are any html gurus please advise on another method or why this JS doesn't quite fire!

regards

Jimmy

--html>
--head>
--script type="text/javascript">
function Attending(strField)
{document.getElementById("member_status").value = strField;
// document.getElementById("mainForm").submit()
}
--/script>
--/head>

<body>
<form id="mainForm" >
<input size="25" id="member_status" name="member_status" value="Temp Value">
<input type="button" value="Accept" onclick="Attending('Accepted')">
<input type="button" value="Decline" onclick="Attending('Declined')">
</form>
</body>

--/html>

hi all,

i'm trying to clone an entire page which has lookup fields in it.

How do i specify it inside the WIL as you cannot use the description name of the record.
ie. i thought it would of been the ID of that record whoever, it just inserts the raw id (15-18 char) into the field.

ie. populate Account which it refers to into a new record which has (ID, AcctName)
As the AcctName is what is friendly to us. the system requires an ID (in case of duplicate AcctNames)

How do i accomplish this through a WIL?

I'm wondering if we are able to disable certain rights within 'customize application'

Does anybody know if this is possible?

By this i mean.. perhaps we want them to be able to edit fields but not delete them..

or Not allow the other users who has a profile to be able to set 'field level security'
or NOT allow them to create any workflows?

Message Edited by jimjamz on 10-18-2006 08:46 PM

As per the title,

I have a picklist (ie. stage) and want users to select a multipicklist item when the stage is set to say LOST.

I get a NOT APPLICABLE on the multipicklist field when i enter the page?

Am i doing something wrong?

Another method i thought was to use field validation so that when the stage is changed to 'LOST'
the length of the multipicklist cannot be 0 or   ISNULL(picklist)

does any body know how to get around this and apply some type of validation on the field?
ie. there could be multiple reasons why the opportunity was lost.

cheers, JT
Hi,

I'm still a JS beginner programmer and been killing me how this works!
Basically, i'm trying to collect response from external users via email, if they would like to attend a function or not.

I've tested the function below on IE and it works perfectly fine. The javascript function fires off when executed within a web page. It basically changes the member_status to 'accept' or 'declined'. This is the most important part which i want to get working.

The same function does not work when executed from a HTML BASED EMAIL. It will pass the original value 'Temp Value' back into SFA regardless of which button i click.

How do i get this to work?? If there are any html gurus please advise on another method or why this JS doesn't quite fire!

regards

Jimmy

--html>
--head>
--script type="text/javascript">
function Attending(strField)
{document.getElementById("member_status").value = strField;
// document.getElementById("mainForm").submit()
}
--/script>
--/head>

<body>
<form id="mainForm" >
<input size="25" id="member_status" name="member_status" value="Temp Value">
<input type="button" value="Accept" onclick="Attending('Accepted')">
<input type="button" value="Decline" onclick="Attending('Declined')">
</form>
</body>

--/html>

hi all,

i'm trying to clone an entire page which has lookup fields in it.

How do i specify it inside the WIL as you cannot use the description name of the record.
ie. i thought it would of been the ID of that record whoever, it just inserts the raw id (15-18 char) into the field.

ie. populate Account which it refers to into a new record which has (ID, AcctName)
As the AcctName is what is friendly to us. the system requires an ID (in case of duplicate AcctNames)

How do i accomplish this through a WIL?

Is there a way to extract page layouts from user profiles ?  I have several user profiles with  atleast 5+ page layouts on all objects, trying to extract the details without  going into each profile....everytime I need to check something..
I like to run a report on Profiles also....
  • September 14, 2006
We are using an email template to send out an email that includes a link to a web to case form on our public website.  We are passing variables/values with this link and would like the values to be prepopulated in our web to case form.  Some of which we would like hidden.  We can not get the values to prepopulate the web to case fields.  For example, passing case # on the url.  What should the HTML code look like to receive these?  Do we need to parse the URL first?

For example:

HTML Web to Case Form
<input type="hidden" name="00N30000000i2oN" value="we want this to be the passed case number">

Help!!!   thanks in advance.....
  • July 13, 2006
How can we add a lookup on standard objects. For example how can i add an account lookup on Lead.
/

Hi,

Trying something that sounds simple but has been a headache so far... be gentle, I'm new at this.

All we want is a small form that sends info as a lead to salesforce - this form has a hidden Campaign_ID field.

First of all, when you generate the web-to-lead code it gives you the Campaign_ID and not the Campaign field as the one you should be sending to salesforce. We found out from salesforce that you actually have to use the "name" and not the "ID".

Everything works fine except for the auto-response rule that looks for the Campaign field to then send out an email with an attachment. We've tried "Campaign_ID", "Campaign" (name), with parenthesis, without parenthesis, and many other options - it just doesn't want to work.

Any suggestions? Anybody out there been able to do this? We've called salesforce and they've "escalated" the issue... just trying to get a faster answer to this...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

rblino
  • March 08, 2006