• 25 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have created a custom object for an RSVP to an event. I created the VF page and everything looked fine. But when I attempt to use the Save button, nothing happens. It's coded the same as the save button I've been using for Leads from another Site I have established, and I don't understand what's wrong. I'm guessing maybe it's because it's a Custom Object that I'm working with now. Here's the code I am using:

<apex:page showHeader="false" standardController="Marketing_Event__c">
  <apex:pageBlock >
  <apex:image url="https://na2.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=01540000000eAhm&oid=00D3000000067lt&lastMod=1279041445000"/><p/>
  <FONT size="8"><b>You're Invited</b></FONT><p/>
   <FONT size="5">You have been invited to attend the Corporate Sneak Peek on Thursday, November 11th.</FONT> <p/>

<FONT size="4"> Please use the below form to RSVP for this event. <p/></FONT>

<apex:form >    
   <font size="3"> <b>Name:</b>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <apex:inputField value="{!Marketing_Event__c.Contact_Name__c}" /><p/>
    <b>Company Name:</b>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <apex:inputField value="{!Marketing_Event__c.Company_Name__c}" /><p/>
    <b>Email:</b>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <apex:inputField value="{!Marketing_Event__c.Contact_Email__c}" /><p/>
   <b>Will you be attending the Irvine Sneak Peek?</b>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <apex:inputField value="{!Marketing_Event__c.Irvine_Sneak_Peek__c}"/><p/>
    <b>Comments:</b> <br/> <apex:inputField value="{!Marketing_Event__c.Comments__c}"/><p/></font>
    <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="RSVP"/>

</apex:form>

</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm having trouble finding out if this is even possible, let alone how to go about it. 

I have a VF page built for lead entering by staff that are not Salesforce users. I need to set it up so when they enter a specific field (employee size) for a company, it routes them to different pages based on that field. Thera are 3 different processes based on that, so I need it to go to one of 3 pages when they hit Save.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated. I'm sure there's something I just haven't thought of yet.

Thanks!! 

I'm having problems with this App. I installed it from the Appexchange with no problems, I was able to put the custom links in the Account & Contact resords, I can click the link & put in all the information for my task, but when I try to save it, I get this error:
The property IsRecurring__c is not a valid field.

Any help/ideas for finding & correcting this error would be greatly appreciated

De'Anna
SAA - 24 Hour Fitness
We are using Professional Edition, and I'm trying to fina a way to integrate Approval Requests into our Opportunities (I know with Enterprise & Unlimited this can be done through the Workflow process). The Approval Requests object that can be found on the Contracts tab is perfect, but I can't fine a way to get that list into the Opportunity layout.
Does anyone know if this is possible, of it there is another way I can get this set up to have the approvals managed in the Opportunities?

Thanks!!
We are using Professional Edition, and I'm trying to fina a way to integrate Approval Requests into our Opportunities (I know with Enterprise & Unlimited this can be done through the Workflow process). The Approval Requests object that can be found on the Contracts tab is perfect, but I can't fine a way to get that list into the Opportunity layout.
Does anyone know if this is possible, of it there is another way I can get this set up to have the approvals managed in the Opportunities?

Thanks!!

I have created a custom object for an RSVP to an event. I created the VF page and everything looked fine. But when I attempt to use the Save button, nothing happens. It's coded the same as the save button I've been using for Leads from another Site I have established, and I don't understand what's wrong. I'm guessing maybe it's because it's a Custom Object that I'm working with now. Here's the code I am using:

<apex:page showHeader="false" standardController="Marketing_Event__c">
  <apex:image url="https://na2.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=01540000000eAhm&oid=00D3000000067lt&lastMod=1279041445000"/><p/>
  <FONT size="8"><b>You're Invited</b></FONT><p/>
   <FONT size="5">You have been invited to attend the Corporate Sneak Peek on Thursday, November 11th.</FONT> <p/>

<FONT size="4"> Please use the below form to RSVP for this event. <p/></FONT>

<font size="3"> <b>Name:</b>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <apex:inputField value="{!Marketing_Event__c.Contact_Name__c}" /><p/>
    <b>Company Name:</b>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <apex:inputField value="{!Marketing_Event__c.Company_Name__c}" /><p/>
    <b>Email:</b>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <apex:inputField value="{!Marketing_Event__c.Contact_Email__c}" /><p/>
   <b>Will you be attending the Irvine Sneak Peek?</b>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <apex:inputField value="{!Marketing_Event__c.Irvine_Sneak_Peek__c}"/><p/>
    <b>Comments:</b> <br/> <apex:inputField value="{!Marketing_Event__c.Comments__c}"/><p/></font>
    <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="RSVP"/>

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm having trouble finding out if this is even possible, let alone how to go about it. 

I have a VF page built for lead entering by staff that are not Salesforce users. I need to set it up so when they enter a specific field (employee size) for a company, it routes them to different pages based on that field. Thera are 3 different processes based on that, so I need it to go to one of 3 pages when they hit Save.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated. I'm sure there's something I just haven't thought of yet.

Thanks!! 

Hi to all,

I have 2 questions.,

I am creating a site  to call the Visual force page.

The visual force page contains system objects like Contacts.,

Now i am added two fields of contact

My first question How to add Visual force page to "Contacts related list of Notes & attachments"

&

the second question is,

I am connected visualforce page to SITES. & run the specific URL,

& save the two filelds to contact it shows the below error message. but the values are added to contacts.

Authorization Required

You must first log in or register before accessing this page.
If you have forgotten your password, click Forgot Password to reset it.

How to handle this one?????

my sample code is:

<apex:page standardController="Contact">
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton action="{!Save}" value="Save"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
           <apex:pageBlockSection >
                <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                    <apex:outputLabel id="lastname" value="Last Name" for="Visual">
                    </apex:outputLabel>
                    <apex:inputText value="{!Contact.lastname}" />
                </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
             </apex:pageblockSection>
             <apex:pageblockSection >
                <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                    <apex:outputLabel id="Department" value="Department" for="visual"></apex:outputLabel>
                   <apex:inputText value="{!Contact.Department}" />
                </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
             </apex:pageBlockSection>  

Before 28-Feb 2008 21:00EST line feeds in Custom Button URLs were treated as documentation only.
After that time they are being processed as valid codes.  This has invalidated all code associated with custom buttons.

Our original code:

https://na3.salesforce.com/a00/e?

retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}

&CF00N50000001Z7Nk={!Contact.Name}

&CF00N50000001Z7Nk_lkid={!Contact.Id}

&00N50000001ZKbf={!Contact.MailingStreet}

&00N50000001ZKbk={!Contact.MailingCity}

&00N50000001ZKbp={!Contact.MailingState}

&00N50000001ZKbz={!Contact.MailingPostalCode}

&00N50000001ZKbu={!Contact.MailingCountry}

&CF00N50000001Z7Mh={!Account.Name}

Line feeds for each fields were included to make it easier to read.  Now the line feeds are interpreted as "\n" and the code no longer works.  Removing the line feeds does return the button to its intended functionality.

When will this problem be corrected?  We do not want to change all of our existing code.

• February 28, 2008