• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I need to migrate a whole SF instance from a Sandbox to a Live system. There is code, VF pages, S-Controls, New Custom Objects, modifications on Standard Objects (added fields, modified fields, etc...).

I have a feeling that doing this via Eclipse will prove to be a bit of a challenge... Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this with the least amount of headaches possible? Thanks,

J

• February 12, 2009
We've encountered an odd situation in our sandbox; it appears to have reverted back to a previous version (from 8/12/08 shortly before our refresh). We've contact basic support about this and the issue has been escalated, but I wanted to outline the scenario in detail in case others have encountered it as well and can provide some insight (any would be appreciated!)

We refreshed it about a week ago and since then my colleague Andy has been working in it on a daily basis. Simultaneously i've been regularly logging to both the Sandbox and the Production environments. This morning Andy logged in to discover that the Visualforce Pages and Apex Classes we implemented several months ago in our live environment (through a different sandbox) were no longer in the current sandbox. Upon investigation, we discovered that all our recent usage stats (from 8/12/08 through this morning) had disappeared along with the recent changes.

Customer support indicated that the sandbox automatically refreshes every 29 days; however, all available evidence excludes this possibility:
  • Sandbox does not reflect elements and structure currently live in Production Environment
  • Sandbox does not reflect recent usage in Production Environment
  • Sandbox reverted to expired trial full sandbox after  having reverted to developer (apex-only) sandbox in our most-recent deliberate refresh (not that we mind that change :smileywink:)
Does this scenario involve a known bug? Has anyone else experienced a similar sudden change in their sandboxes?
  • August 26, 2008
Hi,

We are encountering a very frustrating issue in our sandbox. This is the second time this incident has happened after we refreshed our sandbox(full) from production.

We refreshed and activated the sandbox on 7/28/2008 (i.e. couple of days back) and today i.e. 7/31/2008 at 12:18 Am, to our surprise it has switched back to the old version for no reason i.e. the version before the refresh. All the critical changes that we had implemented in sandbox after the refresh has vanished!

This is the second time it has happened consequently after we refreshed sandbox(full) from production.
Has anyone faced a similar issue in their org. Ours is an Enterprose Edition.

Would greatly appreciate if anyone from salesforce admin can please respond to this issue as we only have a basic support which does not help.
Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks and regards,
Ambili
  • July 31, 2008
So I was able to create a project in my personal developer account which is a production account, but I can not create any projects in our company's sandboxes.

If I try the SOAP endpoint (default) it says:

INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid user name or password or locked out.

I am using the same credentials as when I login through the web interface and I have added my IP range to the allowed list. Also tried adding the security token, no go.

If I try the endpoint https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/11.1:

Unable to finalize Force.com project creation. Double check your connection settings. You may adjust the settings and re-sync on the Force.com project properties page.

Reason: IllegalStateException: java.lang.IllegalStateException

I get the same error if I try the endpoint: https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/11.0

Message Edited by TehNrd on 01-07-2008 09:36 AM
  • January 07, 2008
Hi All,

We have Sandbox and production systems and configured the requirements in sandbox system. We are already in the process of replicating the same in Production system. Can some one tell us where should the system and UAT Testing be performed ? We are assuming that system and UAT will be done on production system.  Please share us the best practice followed and relevant info on the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Udaya
I love Eclipse. I use it on multiple machines and connect to 16 different instances of sf.com. I use it for S-Controls and Apex code development. Thanks so much for this tool, it is an incredible time saver.

About a week ago, I got an error when synching my s-control folder on one instance. Since then, I have been unable to connect to that instance. Of the 16 instances I connect to, this is the only one on na4. Looks like it is timing out:

Here is the error I get in Eclipse 3.2.2 with the latest Apex add on:

Failed to send request to https://na4-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/8.0
  com.appexchange.plugin.wizards.ConnectionPage.applySettings (ConnectionPage.java 191)
  com.appexchange.plugin.wizards.AppExchangeProjectWizard.performFinish (AppExchangeProjectWizard.java 60)
  org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed (WizardDialog.java 680)
  org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed (WizardDialog.java 355)
  org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$3.widgetSelected (Dialog.java 660)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent (TypedListener.java 90)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent (EventTable.java 66)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent (Widget.java 928)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents (Display.java 3348)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch (Display.java 2968)
  org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop (Window.java 820)
  org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open (Window.java 796)
  org.eclipse.ui.actions.NewProjectAction.run (NewProjectAction.java 116)
  org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent (Action.java 499)
  org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection (ActionContributionItem.java 539)
  org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2 (ActionContributionItem.java 488)
  org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent (ActionContributionItem.java 400)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent (EventTable.java 66)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent (Widget.java 928)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents (Display.java 3348)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch (Display.java 2968)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop (Workbench.java 1930)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI (Workbench.java 1894)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench (Workbench.java 422)
  org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench (PlatformUI.java 149)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run (IDEApplication.java 95)
  org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run (PlatformActivator.java 78)
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication (EclipseAppLauncher.java 92)
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start (EclipseAppLauncher.java 68)
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run (EclipseStarter.java 400)
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run (EclipseStarter.java 177)
  sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (null -2)
  sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (null -1)
  sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (null -1)
  java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (null -1)
  org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework (Main.java 336)
  org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun (Main.java 280)
  org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run (Main.java 977)
  org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main (Main.java 952)

Anything up with na4? This happens to be the instance of my employer, so I'd love some help troubleshooting so I can get working on our code again!

Thanks again for the great tool and any help you could provide tracking this error down.

Steve
  • April 11, 2007