• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi everyone,

Having difficulties with this formula. In a custom formula field. I need to check if the (dutch)bank account is valid. Basically I have to multiply each number in the account and than divide it by 11. If it is a round number it's good otherwise not! Bank_account__c is a text field, because it is also possible to have other chars in the number (different system).

IF (MOD(    ( VALUE(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 1))* 9)

+ (  VALUE(RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 2),1)) * 8)

+ (  VALUE(RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 3),1)) * 7)

+ (  VALUE(RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 4),1)) * 6)

+ (  VALUE(RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 5),1))  * 5)

+ (  VALUE(RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 6),1))  * 4)

+ (  VALUE(RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 7),1))  * 3)

+ (  VALUE(RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 8),1)) * 2)

+ (  VALUE(RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 9),1))  * 1)

, 11) > 0, "WRONG" , "OK")

Problem is --> Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute.

I have tried a lot. But can't really get it smaller. If someone has a trick to extract all the individual numbers, than I am in buisiness :smileyhappy:

Hope to hear more.

Thanks

Jeroen

Message Edited by jeroen on 02-16-2009 12:51 PM
Message Edited by jeroen on 02-17-2009 12:52 AM
  • February 16, 2009
Hi

Does anyone know if I can use Email to Case with a Salesforce Platform user instead of a regular user?

At the moment my user is doing all email to case, which is really frustrating as it makes it look like I'm doing all the work in Salesforce when I'm not.

thanks
Nick
Hi

I'm having trouble installing the case detachifier application on my computer.
I've downloaded the file from AppExchage and I can run the file, but it only seems to install outlook edition 2, and nothing else.

I'm running Windows Vista.

Anyone else had this problem?
I've had not trouble installing it on my home XP machine.

Thanks
Nick
Hi

Is it possible to write a formula that essentially breaks the shipping address down into the individual lines?

We have an external system that needs to receive the address fields for a child object to an Account in three separate fields.

I figure if I can identify a new line character, then this should be pretty straight forward, but I can't figure out how to do this.
Any ideas?

thanks
Nick
Hi

Is it possible to limit the permissions of a platform license user, similar to the way we apply a profile to the standard edition user profiles?

thanks
Nick
Hi

I'm having trouble with my Email to Case agent.

I've got multiple Email to Case agents set up to run on about 7 different email address, and they all work fine.

I'm trying to change the Salesforce user that processes these messages, but I'm getting the following error:

Code:
2008-07-09 13:13:12,202 [main] INFO  com.sforce.mail.EmailService  loaded as a t
imer service.
2008-07-09 13:13:13,834 [Timer-0] INFO     processing 1 messages
2008-07-09 13:13:16,108 [Timer-0] ERROR Routing Addresses are not set up correct
ly to run Email To Case.
2008-07-09 13:13:16,118 [Timer-0] ERROR com.sforce.exception.InvalidConfiguratio
nException: Routing addresses are not setup correctly.
com.sforce.exception.InvalidConfigurationException: Routing addresses are not se
tup correctly.
        at com.sforce.mail.GenericClient.handleMessage(GenericClient.java:638)
        at com.sforce.mail.GenericClient.receive(GenericClient.java:409)
        at com.sforce.mail.EmailService$EmailWorker.run(EmailService.java:211)
        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

The only thing I'm changing is the Salesforce login and password.

I've had a look, and if I change this user on to the System Admin profile, this error goes away and email to case works fine.
If I put it back on it's current custom profile, this error occurs every time.

Obviously it is bad practice to give users System Admin access when you don't need to, so I'm trying to determine which permissions I need to grant it in order for this to work.

Looking at the permissions I've granted to the profile, I can't see anything else (secure) that I can grant it.
ie.  I've already given it the "manage cases", "edit tasks", "edit event's", "send emails" and bascially full permission access to all objects.

I have tried giving the new user the 'modify all data' and 'customize application' permissions (against my better judgement) as per the Salesforce online help, but this didn't help.

Does anyone know which permission is being denied?

thanks
Nick

Hi

We've just being doing some CLI implementation of the data loader, and we keep exceeding the number of API requests per 24 hour period.

I can't work out how this script is making this many API requests, so I was wondering what constitutes an API request and what can we do to reduce the number of requests we're making?

thanks
Nick
Hi

We're using the data loader to import a large amount of data via a csv file.

We've run into an issue where if there is a quotation mark in any of the csv fields, the data loader doesn't like it.

At the moment we're stripping the quotation mark out of the field which is resulting in the data being inaccurate.

Is there an escape character we can use so that the data loader doesn't have this problem?

We're activating the data loader through a php script, so we can do a search and replace to add the escape character in.

ie. replace all " with /"

thanks
Hi

I'm trying to create a workflow rule that will update a field in an assoicated object.

Basically, I have an object called album.
This album has a payment, but occassionally the album can't be produced, so we need the customer to create a second album.  Seeing as they've already paid for the first album, they don't pay for the second album.
The payment stays associated with the first album, and because the first album can't be produced, the payment will remain as 'unfulfilled'.

I'm trying to create a workflow rule that will update the first album as being completed, when the second album is completed.
This way we can determine whether the payment has been honoured and we don't owe any product for the initial payment.

I've tried creating a look-up relationship between the two album objects (custom object), but this doesn't seem to work as I can't update a field in the first album based on a field in the second album.

I've also tried creating a credit custom object that essentially transfers the payment between the two albums, but this won't work either.

I'm using Salesforce Enterprise Edition.

Any help or advice would be great

thanks

Message Edited by nicksquash on 03-17-2008 03:41 PM
Hi

We've just upgraded to the person account system as we are a B2C company.
I'm trying to update our current account/contacts to person accounts, however the only documentation I've found tells me to simply "use the Apex API".

From all the reading I've been doing, the Apex API lets you build Salesforce Apps, I'm yet to find out how you can update data using this.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks
Nick
Hi there

we're hoping to alter the way email to case handles new cases.
At the moment it creates a task for "UserA" as specified in sfdcConfig xml file which is unacceptable considering we have 50 cases a day come in via email to case.
We'd like to have these tasks automatically set to 'completed' so it doesn't clog up UserA's home page, or remove the process completely so that UserA has nothing to do with these cases and have them created directly into the queue.
Is there a place in the source code that i can change this?
or is there any other way I can do this?

thanks for your help
Nick

Hi everyone,

Having difficulties with this formula. In a custom formula field. I need to check if the (dutch)bank account is valid. Basically I have to multiply each number in the account and than divide it by 11. If it is a round number it's good otherwise not! Bank_account__c is a text field, because it is also possible to have other chars in the number (different system).

IF (MOD(    ( VALUE(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 1))* 9)

+ (  VALUE(RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 2),1)) * 8)

+ (  VALUE(RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 3),1)) * 7)

+ (  VALUE(RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 4),1)) * 6)

+ (  VALUE(RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 5),1))  * 5)

+ (  VALUE(RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 6),1))  * 4)

+ (  VALUE(RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 7),1))  * 3)

+ (  VALUE(RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 8),1)) * 2)

+ (  VALUE(RIGHT(LEFT(TRIM(Bank_Account__c) , 9),1))  * 1)

, 11) > 0, "WRONG" , "OK")

Problem is --> Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute.

I have tried a lot. But can't really get it smaller. If someone has a trick to extract all the individual numbers, than I am in buisiness :smileyhappy:

Hope to hear more.

Thanks

Jeroen

Message Edited by jeroen on 02-16-2009 12:51 PM
Message Edited by jeroen on 02-17-2009 12:52 AM
  • February 16, 2009
I am struggling to find sufficient documentation surrounding email services to submit to a Case. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Hi

Does anyone know if I can use Email to Case with a Salesforce Platform user instead of a regular user?

At the moment my user is doing all email to case, which is really frustrating as it makes it look like I'm doing all the work in Salesforce when I'm not.

thanks
Nick
Hi

Is it possible to write a formula that essentially breaks the shipping address down into the individual lines?

We have an external system that needs to receive the address fields for a child object to an Account in three separate fields.

I figure if I can identify a new line character, then this should be pretty straight forward, but I can't figure out how to do this.
Any ideas?

thanks
Nick
Hi

Is it possible to limit the permissions of a platform license user, similar to the way we apply a profile to the standard edition user profiles?

thanks
Nick
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to display a picklist value that is located on a related object.

We use timecards that have various stages for when working on a project.  Ideally we would like to display the last stage recorded in the last timecard on the page layout.

Like a roll up summary...

Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks in advance.

Michael
Hello -

We have fields on some custom objects that we currently populate through nightly integrations.  We would like to change that and have them be populated with a SF formula.  My SF Administrator tried to change the field type from text to formula but was unable to.  Is there some reason that we are unable to make that change??  It looks like we are required to create an entirely new formula field and delete the old??  This will require alot of work in our integrations and back office reporting of the replciated SF data to accomodate for an entirely new field.  Any idea's??

Thanks, Tammy
Hi

I'm having trouble with my Email to Case agent.

I've got multiple Email to Case agents set up to run on about 7 different email address, and they all work fine.

I'm trying to change the Salesforce user that processes these messages, but I'm getting the following error:

Code:
2008-07-09 13:13:12,202 [main] INFO  com.sforce.mail.EmailService  loaded as a t
imer service.
2008-07-09 13:13:13,834 [Timer-0] INFO     processing 1 messages
2008-07-09 13:13:16,108 [Timer-0] ERROR Routing Addresses are not set up correct
ly to run Email To Case.
2008-07-09 13:13:16,118 [Timer-0] ERROR com.sforce.exception.InvalidConfiguratio
nException: Routing addresses are not setup correctly.
com.sforce.exception.InvalidConfigurationException: Routing addresses are not se
tup correctly.
        at com.sforce.mail.GenericClient.handleMessage(GenericClient.java:638)
        at com.sforce.mail.GenericClient.receive(GenericClient.java:409)
        at com.sforce.mail.EmailService$EmailWorker.run(EmailService.java:211)
        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

The only thing I'm changing is the Salesforce login and password.

I've had a look, and if I change this user on to the System Admin profile, this error goes away and email to case works fine.
If I put it back on it's current custom profile, this error occurs every time.

Obviously it is bad practice to give users System Admin access when you don't need to, so I'm trying to determine which permissions I need to grant it in order for this to work.

Looking at the permissions I've granted to the profile, I can't see anything else (secure) that I can grant it.
ie.  I've already given it the "manage cases", "edit tasks", "edit event's", "send emails" and bascially full permission access to all objects.

I have tried giving the new user the 'modify all data' and 'customize application' permissions (against my better judgement) as per the Salesforce online help, but this didn't help.

Does anyone know which permission is being denied?

thanks
Nick

Hi

We're using the data loader to import a large amount of data via a csv file.

We've run into an issue where if there is a quotation mark in any of the csv fields, the data loader doesn't like it.

At the moment we're stripping the quotation mark out of the field which is resulting in the data being inaccurate.

Is there an escape character we can use so that the data loader doesn't have this problem?

We're activating the data loader through a php script, so we can do a search and replace to add the escape character in.

ie. replace all " with /"

thanks
Hello,

I am working on implementing Email2case. I've got it working just fine, but I am wondering if there is a way that I can disable the automatic creation of a new task. I simply want a case to open up, but I will use workflows to determine who the task is assigned to.

Thanks for your help!

Travis
Hi

I'm trying to create a workflow rule that will update a field in an assoicated object.

Basically, I have an object called album.
This album has a payment, but occassionally the album can't be produced, so we need the customer to create a second album.  Seeing as they've already paid for the first album, they don't pay for the second album.
The payment stays associated with the first album, and because the first album can't be produced, the payment will remain as 'unfulfilled'.

I'm trying to create a workflow rule that will update the first album as being completed, when the second album is completed.
This way we can determine whether the payment has been honoured and we don't owe any product for the initial payment.

I've tried creating a look-up relationship between the two album objects (custom object), but this doesn't seem to work as I can't update a field in the first album based on a field in the second album.

I've also tried creating a credit custom object that essentially transfers the payment between the two albums, but this won't work either.

I'm using Salesforce Enterprise Edition.

Any help or advice would be great

thanks

Message Edited by nicksquash on 03-17-2008 03:41 PM
Is there a way to mass delete tasks created by E2C in EE and PE edition ?
I have a project number field in a custom object that is updated by our project managers.  We would also like to keep track of this field in a custom opportunity field on the related opportunity.  How can I update the opportunity field when the field on the custom object is updated by a project manager?  Any help would be great.  Thanks.
Hi there

we're hoping to alter the way email to case handles new cases.
At the moment it creates a task for "UserA" as specified in sfdcConfig xml file which is unacceptable considering we have 50 cases a day come in via email to case.
We'd like to have these tasks automatically set to 'completed' so it doesn't clog up UserA's home page, or remove the process completely so that UserA has nothing to do with these cases and have them created directly into the queue.
Is there a place in the source code that i can change this?
or is there any other way I can do this?

thanks for your help
Nick