• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I am not trying to package something but just an admin trying to install a package.  I thought this would be an appropriate place to post this question.  

When trying to install an app with the new force.com checkout,  I sign in, then I go to the Confirm Installation screen, I check the box that says I agree to the terms, and then clcik install, and enter my password again when prompted.  After that, instead of installing the package, I just keep landing back at the install confirmation screen.  I have encountered this with more than one package that I have attempted to install, and have also experienced this problem rectifying itself, seemingly randomly.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?  Its really annoying.

Hi,

I need some help with a custom object that I have created.  It has lookup fields to both Leads and Contacts.  Records will be created associated with the Lead, and then stay with the person once they are converted to a Contact. 

How can I accomplish this?  I am barely learning Visualforce, but I am very familiar with all of the standard declarative AppBuilder tools.

thanks!
My Excel Connector is broken!!  :smileysad: I got an error message similar to the one described in the FAQ documentation where the file has been moved.  HOWEVER, I did not move my .xla file!!  The error message actually says it's looking for 'sforce_connect1.xls', and then all the usual stuff about it being moved or misspelled.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing as per the instructions inthe FAQ, but I still can't get it to work.

When I walk through getting rid of the add in, the toolbar never actually goes away.  I have to mannually go uncheck the sforce Connector toolbar to make it dissappear, but then the option for it to come back is still there.  This sounds different than the behavior described in the FAQ.

Then when I go to install the Add In again, the floating toolbar never shows up, and I get another error message when I attempt to use the Excel Connector.

I am using Excel 2003.   Please someone help me, I relly need to get my Excel Connector back!!!:smileyindifferent:

Thanks!
Brandy
I just set up this app, and I think it is great!  I finally got to upgrade to EE from PE, and this was one of the fist things on my to-do list. 

A couple of things that I want to address before I release it to my users.

1. The Related To column does not show related to info on tasks related to Projects, (a custom obj. from another AppExchange download)  Why is that?

2. I am wondering how I would go about adding a column for the contact that the task is related to. I know my sales reps are going to want to see that.  Right now, the Opportunity that the task is related to does show up in the Related To column, but not knowing what contact that task is related to makes it a bit hard to determine how to update the Due Date. 

3. Also, the date format for the returned records is kinda wonky, YYYY-MM-DD, any way to change that?

Thanks!

-B

Message Edited by TheBoot on 04-03-2008 11:33 AM
I was just trying to pull a list of all my Reports and clean out some of the junk that's in there by deleting them in the Excel connector rather than manually deleting them in SF, but I do not see Reports as an object that can be queried.  Am I missing something?
hi,

I am changing some fields accross all my Opportunities using the Excel Conncetor, and i would like to preserve the existing Last Modified Date, and Last Modified By ID. Is there any way to do this?  I tried a test record where I included the data in those fields in my update, and I got an error.

Thanks,

Brandy
I am a total php greenhorn - so please bear with me.  I am working on implementing WebtoLead for my company.  Our website currently has a basic 'Register as a new user' form that registers the user to give them permission to download various technical data sheets, and i would like to replace that form with the WebtoLead form.  I am hindered because I need that form to register my users and create new leads at the same time.  It seems like this should not be that hard - and a fairly common task that people using Salesforce would need to accomplish.  I have been searching the discussion boards, and not come up with a lot of help.  What I have come accross is the mention of needing to run some php script to send the information to two souces after the user presses submit.

As i mentioned in the beginning of this post - I am a php greenhorn.  I am the SFDC admin for my org, but we outsource our web hosting and design.  We do have Dremweaver 8, so we can access and make changes to our site.  But I am not super familiar with how this works either.  I have been talking to our web consultants about them creating this php script  to use witht he Salesforce webtolead form, but frankly I am not all that confident in their abilities to implement it.  Plus I would really love to learn how to do it myself.

So, hopefully all of you smart php people will not find me too annoying, and out of place and take pity on me and send some help my way.  I would really appreciate it!!  this may not even be the best way to accomplish this task, so if anyone knows of a better, hopefully easier way I would love to hear it!

Thanks!

-Brandy:smileyhappy:
Short of going through them one by one on screen...is there a counter somewhere, or a report that I can run?

Thanks!

-Brandy

I have a page with a bunch of pageBlockSections.  The user would prefer it if they all came up collapsed and then they could expand the ones they wanted.  I set the "collapsible" attribute in the tag to true but there doesn't appear to be any other attribute to control whether it comes up collapsed or not.

I have three custom objects that are related as follows:

Project

Shipment

Batches

Each has a one to many relationship to the one below (1 project can have many shipments; each shipment can have many batches)

I want to display a total value in the Shipment object for the batches - for example, there may be 10 batch records related to one shipment and I want to sum the total value of all the batches in the shipment level.

I cannot create a master detail relationship between Shipment and Batches; because Shipment is already a "Detail" side of a relationship with the Project - so therefore, as I understand it, I cannot create a roll-up to use the Sum feature).

I tried creating a look-up on the Shipment table to the Batch Table to enter a custom formula to the Batch_Value field, but it does not give me a total (it just gives me 0 as the value).

Can anyone help me either with this formula or how to get a total of all related batches into my shipment table?

Thanks!!!

Hugo_B

• September 11, 2009

Currently my organization is using PE. I am trying to develop a lead scoring system and want to figure out how I can total or count the number of campaigns a lead responds to. We have leads that will responded to more than one campaign but I don't know a way to include this information.

Is it possible to create a formula field that can total # of campaigns responded to in PE? Thanks for any assistance!

Respectfully, 

Jared

I have built a controller and apex page that is supposed to display all meetings associated with the contact on the current page where the meeting type is a "Client- Event Meeting".  Good news is my page shows up but  I have 3 issues

1. How come the contact name and company name does not appear when I have it referenced in my APEX tag.

2. How can I have this behave the same way as related list objectso that when I click on subject, name or company it takes me

directly to the object like a standard hyperlink

3. How can I add this Visualforce page as a button on the contact page called “Client Meetings” so that when someone

go to the John Do contact record, and they click this button, it will display all the events associated with him in the current page

This is my first real VF page assignment so please bare with me

<apex:page controller="ActivityController">
<apex:pageBlock >
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Activities}" var="a">
<apex:column value="{!a.subject}"/>
<apex:column value="{!a.type}"/>
<apex:column value="{!a.owner.name}"/>
<apex:column value="{!a.who.name}"/>
<apex:column value="{!a.what.name}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

public class ActivityController 
{
Public Event[] getActivities()
{
return [Select id, subject, what.name, who.name, type, activitydate,owner.name from Event
where whoid = :System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('id')and type = 'Client Meeting (Event)'];
}

}

Message Edited by bikla78 on 07-14-2009 11:19 PM
Message Edited by bikla78 on 07-14-2009 11:19 PM
Has anyone set up a customized FAQ in Salesforce?  My company has an FAQ document about our sales methodology that we want to post for sales reps.  I was thinking we could use Salesforce for it, but I'm not sure how to go about setting it up.  Any ideas?

Hi,

I am not trying to package something but just an admin trying to install a package.  I thought this would be an appropriate place to post this question.  

When trying to install an app with the new force.com checkout,  I sign in, then I go to the Confirm Installation screen, I check the box that says I agree to the terms, and then clcik install, and enter my password again when prompted.  After that, instead of installing the package, I just keep landing back at the install confirmation screen.  I have encountered this with more than one package that I have attempted to install, and have also experienced this problem rectifying itself, seemingly randomly.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?  Its really annoying.

I am looking for an application (or solution) to schedule formatted reports to users outside SF. We have weekly reports of data that we send to clients / managers we were able to accomplish this task via Jaspersoft 4 Salesforce. We could schedule reports, format the report, as well as PDF the report for distribution as an attachment.  However, their application is going away in the next month or two and I MUST HAVE a Solution prior to this. Anyone know of an application that accomplishes this or a solution (that is relatively easy)?  Any assistance is appreciated!  Thanks!

I'm trying to create my first s-control. It's used in a button to update the lead status to dead. My for the control is:

{!URLFOR($Action.Lead.Edit, Lead.Id,[retURL=URLFOR( $Action.Lead.View , Lead.Id ),lead.Status ="Dead", save=1] )}

type is URL.

It is not thowing an error, it just isn't updating the field.  Any reason this shouldn't work?
Hi there,

I already have the validation rule created for Phone Validation field - 10 digits with 4 digits extension? This works great. But would also like make sure, that it also checks for International Format.

AND(LEN(Phone) <> 0,
NOT (
AND(

LEFT(Phone,1)="(",
MID(Phone,5,1)=")",
MID(Phone,6,1)=" ",
MID(Phone,10,1)="-",

CONTAINS("0123456789", MID (Phone, 2, 1)),
CONTAINS("0123456789", MID (Phone, 3, 1)),
CONTAINS("0123456789", MID (Phone, 4, 1)),
CONTAINS("0123456789", MID (Phone, 7, 1)),
CONTAINS("0123456789", MID (Phone, 8, 1)),
CONTAINS("0123456789", MID (Phone, 9, 1)),
CONTAINS("0123456789", MID (Phone, 11, 1)),
CONTAINS("0123456789", MID (Phone, 12, 1)),
CONTAINS("0123456789", MID (Phone, 13, 1)),
CONTAINS("0123456789", MID (Phone, 14, 1)),

OR(AND(LEN(Phone)<=20,MID(Phone, 15,2)=" x",

CONTAINS("0123456789", MID (Phone, 17, 1)),
CONTAINS("0123456789", MID (Phone, 18, 1)),
CONTAINS("0123456789", MID (Phone, 19, 1)),
CONTAINS("0123456789", MID (Phone, 20, 1))
), LEN(Phone)<=14
)
)
)
)

What needs to be added ?

I got this from the doc:-

LEFT(Phone, 1) <> "+"

Also, if I add the above logic would it not conflict with the 10 digit rule?

I am trying to put in a control formula for the date field where a user can only select a date that is on the same day the user is inputing the data or a day that is earlier but the user cannot select the next day or a date that is later. Does anyone try to do this before? If so, I would appreciate some advise on how to code for the formula in the date field. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance
SL

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place, but when I logged a case with Salesforce regarding this issue, this is where I was sent.

I have inherited a Salesforce configuration in which the "Vacation Request Application" has been included.  We'd very much like to use this application, but the list that allows us to choose which employee is creating a new PTO for approval needs to be changed.

How can one create/update/change a list of employees to be used by this application?  So far I have been unsuccessful finding documentation on this topic.  Any help provided would be greatly appreciated, even if it means being pointed in the proper direction in which to inquire!

Thanks again!

Please forgive my ignorance as I am a SF Admin newbie. 

I have been asked to create a campaign for a direct mailing (this I can do).  I then added 300 contacts to the campaign and from that created a report to export all the needed address information to our print vendor (so far so good).  Now, I am going to receive and email from the print vendor once the letters have been mail - this is where it's gets tricky.  Once I get that email from the print vendor, I am going to mark the campaign active.  Here is my problem.  Once I mark that campaign I want to auto assign a task/activity to the sales rep responsible for the contact to place a follow up phone call within 21 days of the campaign going active.  Can/how do I do that?  I can automatically create a single task telling myself to make a follow phone call, but I cannot figure out how to assign one task/activity to each of the 300 contacts.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Todd B

Dear All

I am a new Administrator to Salesforce and have installed the Salesforce labs Vacation management application and have some issues/questions - any help would be much appreciated:

1. When clicking on the employee search icon to find an employee, it seems to link to client contacts rather than users on the system.  Does anyone have a solution to this?

2. I would like to add a custom field to a users record, called holiday allowance, where I can enter their total holiday allowance for the year, can anyone advise me how to do this?

3. I would also like to add a calculated field, called vacation days remaining.  It would start at the same value as 'holiday allowance'

4. When entering a number of days off in the pto request, I would like the field to check against the users 'vacation days remainingif they have sufficient days remaining, the request for vacation should be submitted.  If not a message should be displayed telling the users what their remaining allowance is, so they can only submit the number of days allowed

Any help towards me achieving these goals would be much appreciated.

Arron
  • April 17, 2007
I am a total php greenhorn - so please bear with me.  I am working on implementing WebtoLead for my company.  Our website currently has a basic 'Register as a new user' form that registers the user to give them permission to download various technical data sheets, and i would like to replace that form with the WebtoLead form.  I am hindered because I need that form to register my users and create new leads at the same time.  It seems like this should not be that hard - and a fairly common task that people using Salesforce would need to accomplish.  I have been searching the discussion boards, and not come up with a lot of help.  What I have come accross is the mention of needing to run some php script to send the information to two souces after the user presses submit.

As i mentioned in the beginning of this post - I am a php greenhorn.  I am the SFDC admin for my org, but we outsource our web hosting and design.  We do have Dremweaver 8, so we can access and make changes to our site.  But I am not super familiar with how this works either.  I have been talking to our web consultants about them creating this php script  to use witht he Salesforce webtolead form, but frankly I am not all that confident in their abilities to implement it.  Plus I would really love to learn how to do it myself.

So, hopefully all of you smart php people will not find me too annoying, and out of place and take pity on me and send some help my way.  I would really appreciate it!!  this may not even be the best way to accomplish this task, so if anyone knows of a better, hopefully easier way I would love to hear it!

Thanks!

-Brandy:smileyhappy:
Hi, I don't know if this has been discussed as of yet, but is there a way to get phone fields to format correctly when inserting new records via the excel connector?