• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I would like to be able to create a workflow with email alert that would get all Leads that have been last modified by more than 1 day that are still unread by owner.

I have seen in the forums that there is a field isUnreadByOwner but unfortunately it is unavailable in validation or formula.

Has anyone been able to utilize this field and if so how (apex trigger?)

Thanks in advance for any and all help

When I try to select a menu item , for instance describe object, I get following error
Salesforce: Login()
unknown error
Object variable or with block variable not set

tracing through the vb code - it happens on
  loginForm.serverurl.value = IIf(defaulturl <> "", defaulturl, salesforce.serverurl)

salesforce.serverurl is not set.

No where do i get a login form.

I do have version 3 of outlook edition.
I also have the office edition add-in enabled as well.

I really would appreciate any and all help with this.

Thanks
Is it possible from a workflow to send and automated email (via alerts) but have it also show up in activity history - similar to manually sending email from activity history.
We need to audit emails - even if automatically generated
Thanks in advance for any help
I would like to be able to update the CASE subject field with the contents of 2 other custom fields everytime the record is updated/added.
Do i just use the workflow with field update?
Can it be done with s-control snippet? if so, how?

Thanks in advance for any help or direction
Hi All,

I have made a pl/sql package for salesforce queries. http://code.google.com/p/plsqlsoap/

Simply you can select like this from oracle:

select extractvalue(sf_xml_return,'//sf:Id','xmlns:sf="urn:sobject.enterprise.soap.sforce.com"') Id
from table(OLAP_XMLA_SF5.SF_CALL ('SELECT Id FROM Opportunity'));

I will improve the code with better compression and session handling but now it works for any salesforce replication.

I have tested with Oracle Database 10g Release 10.2.0.1.0 and PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.1.0.

If you have any question and/or feature requests do not hesitate contact me

Have fun
Gergo
gergo@bacskai.hu

Message Edited by gbacskai on 04-29-2008 08:14 AM
Hi,

When we assign a case we have options to send mail to both Contact and Case Owner(mail will send as per assignment rule).

In closure of a case we have option to send mail to the Contact. But how can I send a mail to Case Owner.
Is there is any way other than s-control and triggers?

If anybody has any idea then please help me. Its very urgent. Please help.
  • February 22, 2008
Hi,

I have a custom object A, which has a lookup relationship to itself.

I want to write a validation rule that prevents the connection of one instance
of A to another instance of A if they have the same name.

The problem I'm having is that it doesn't seem possible to write a
validation rule expression that navigates across the relationship to get
the name of the other instance of A.

However, it does seem to be possible to navigate across relationships
between different custom objects, e.g. A related to B

Is this a known limitation of validation rules, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Andy

I am trying to work through the Apex Developer's Guide, but it's not going well. So far, I have attempted the first 3 pieces of code and all have not worked properly - or at all for that matter. I have the code typed in exactly as it appears on the page, but I get the little error triangle in the bottom left of my browser and the script does not run.

Am I missing something? I am using the lastest version of IE, Windows XP Prof. I'm quite familiar with html code so this isn't a foreign language to me, I know to remember to close tags and all of that stuff.

HELP! I really don't feel comfortable continuing through the book without figuring out my mistakes.

KE
Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on how to get started with s-controls,etc .. how techie do you need to be .. are there any Apex/s-controls for dummies type resources.

Jazzie
Hi,

I have enabled inline editing feature in my SFDC instance which works fine for all the objects. I tried overriding New/Edit button on Opportunity  which calls an  S-Control and takes back to the Opportuinty Layout after  processing. Once the S-Control moves back to the Opportunity, Inline Editing feature gets disabled for that opportunity and it doesnt works.

Should we pass on some hidden parameter to the opportunity page while transfering control to the opportunity which keeps that inline editing feture enabled?

Please suggest..

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by GreatG on 12-20-2007 03:03 AM
  • December 20, 2007
Hello,

I have recently installed the excel connector PE on a new system.  It works fine on my system at home however i am having problems at the office.  This is the error message

Salesforce: login()
unknown error
Object variable or With block variable not set

Has any one seen this error before?  I havent been able to find any other postings on this.  I have reinstalled the connector and diligently followed the recommends for intsalling an add-in and removing toolbars. 

Please help...
  • March 08, 2007