• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to write a relationship query that will pull tasks along with the associated lead and owner.  I have a current query in production that works, but using sforce explorer returns an error that says "Query Failed: Length cannot be less than zero.  Parameter name: length"  Does anyone know what this error indicates?

This is my current query that works:

SELECT Id,
Subject,
ActivityDate,
Who.FirstName,
Who.LastName,
What.Name,
Status,
Priority
FROM TASK 
WHERE Owner.Email = '<email of owner>'
ORDER BY Priority

I'm trying to rewrite this to return values from the associated lead such as the lead id.  But, like I said, even the working production query is giving errors in sforce explorer.  The service url I am using is https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/10.0.  I tried using 9.0 and 8.0 and it still gives the same error.
  • September 25, 2007
Is there an equivalent to a union in SOQL?
  • August 31, 2007
Hi all,

I am trying to find out if it is possible to call the saleforce ajax object from an html page in the PRM.  We are trying to get a list of tasks for the current user logged in.  Our workaround (since you can't have the activities tab in PRM) is to create a .aspx page from a custom tab in the PRM that would call the API and list the tasks related to the logged in user.  The problem  - how do I send the userid to the aspx page? How do I know without the capability of an scontrol who is the current user logged in? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • August 29, 2007
Hello,

My company is using Enterprise edition with the partner portal for affiliate sales people.  As I understand it, Apex is not an option with the version we are using, so I'm thinking maybe Ajax is an option.

Basically, we want a list of activities to be shown through a tab named Activities.  I have created a custom object and defined a tab for it.  This works great.  What I would like to do now, is on the save event for an activity, create a record in my custom object that can be listed in my custom tab.

I've seen that I can do this with triggers, however this isn't an option with my version.  Is there any other way of doing this?

The only reason I am doing this is because the activities tab isn't an option for partner portal.  Our sales people work off of followup phone calls and scheduling appointments.  Just having a list of leads is not too useful to them.
  • August 20, 2007
Are triggers only allowed in enterprise version? I have the link available to me from my developer account, but I see no trigger link on my corporate sandbox or production interface.
  • August 17, 2007
    Is there a way to replace the Salesforce logo on the top left corner of the partner portal login page with a customized logo?
  • August 15, 2007
Hi,

I have a custom date field with a date that I am trying to set to null through the API.  It builds/runs fine, but when I view the date through Salesforce, it hasn't changed at all. What am I missing?
  • August 14, 2007
When we submit a record to salesforce, sometimes the email address specified is rejected.  We want to submit email addresses anyway, so what is Salesforce consider a "properly formatted email"?  Does it just need to have an '@' and .<domain> in it?
  • August 08, 2007
Hi all.  I have a dilemma and I can't seem to find an answer.  

We have partner portal setup with leads sent to our outside sales.  We have a manager who assigns leads to his people and they can in turn share leads with their team.  The problem is that when they popup the listbox to choose the new lead owner, the administrator is an option.  I don't want them to be able to assign to the administrator.  I want to either restrict them from assigning up the hierarchy, or when they do assign to the admin auto-assign back to the original owner.

Is there a way to do this? I looked through workflow and lead processes, but they don't seem very dynamic.  I have multiple partners with multiple queues, so I can't just send "statically" to one queue.  I need the system to say "this lead was assigned to the admin by x partner; assign back to x".  Or, if possible, restrict assignment to the administrator altogether.

Thank you in advance.
  • August 08, 2007
I'm trying to limit the ability for Partners to assign up the role hierarchy tree.  Currently, partners can assign to the admin (1 step up), but I want to disallow this.  Is there anyway to only allow partners to assign within the account or possibly within a queue?
  • August 01, 2007
I'm trying to auto-update a record when a user clicks the "edit" button.  I've written an update query, but the control is giving me a "malformed query" error message.  Are we able to write update queries through ajax?

Also, is there any kind of white paper for the SOQL language?
Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is some kind of way to trigger a new opportunity through an s-control.  Basically, we are passing a certain account balance to salesforce.  We want to create a new opportunity if the account hits x amount.  Is this possible?
Hi All,

I'm trying to get the hang of Partner Edition through a trial account.  My only problem is that the button on contacts that opens the portal is not displaying on any of the users I log into - even Admin.  I have the portal open and the profile allows PRM, but there is no button.  Is this a setting somewhere?
I know I've seen this answered before, but I cannot find it.  I've done a lot of customizations in my development environment.  Will I be able to port the customizations from the development environment to production?
HOW TO INSERT CUSTOM LINKS IN OPPORTUNITY USING API We want to add our web site link as custom link which will open when user clicks on that link and take him to our site. We could not foind any field as custom link in opportunity. Let me know Amit Lohogaonkar amit@varstreet.com
Hi everyone,

I am new to Apex developer community so can anyone let me know that from where can i get applications with source code so that i can get more clear idea about apex api.

Thanks,
nish.
  • October 17, 2007
Can someone help?  I have created the following formula and I keep getting Syntax errors.  Missing  ")" 

IF(
      ISPICKVAL(FOB_Point__c ,"Delivered"),
      (((( UnitPrice -  ( Del_Unit_Cost__c +  CUPS__c )+( Freight_Amount__c / Quantity  ))/ UnitPrice ))),
      (UnitPrice - (Del_Unit_Cost__c + CUPS__c))/UnitPrice

Thank you!

• October 11, 2007
I am trying to write a relationship query that will pull tasks along with the associated lead and owner.  I have a current query in production that works, but using sforce explorer returns an error that says "Query Failed: Length cannot be less than zero.  Parameter name: length"  Does anyone know what this error indicates?

This is my current query that works:

SELECT Id,
Subject,
ActivityDate,
Who.FirstName,
Who.LastName,
What.Name,
Status,
Priority
FROM TASK 
WHERE Owner.Email = '<email of owner>'
ORDER BY Priority

I'm trying to rewrite this to return values from the associated lead such as the lead id.  But, like I said, even the working production query is giving errors in sforce explorer.  The service url I am using is https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/10.0.  I tried using 9.0 and 8.0 and it still gives the same error.
  • September 25, 2007
Hi Friends

I don't have much idea about S-Controls,I would like to know can we use Apex code language method within S-Controls to avoid an API call?
Is there any limitation or so?can u suggest any gud link to learn more about S-Controls.

Vineeta..
  • September 19, 2007
Are triggers only allowed in enterprise version? I have the link available to me from my developer account, but I see no trigger link on my corporate sandbox or production interface.
  • August 17, 2007
Hi All,

I'm trying to get the hang of Partner Edition through a trial account.  My only problem is that the button on contacts that opens the portal is not displaying on any of the users I log into - even Admin.  I have the portal open and the profile allows PRM, but there is no button.  Is this a setting somewhere?
I know I've seen this answered before, but I cannot find it.  I've done a lot of customizations in my development environment.  Will I be able to port the customizations from the development environment to production?