• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've read through the SSO doc provided by Salesforce ( http://blogs.salesforce.com/support/files/self_service_portal_with_sso.doc )

We are planning to use an iframe within our secure application to expose the self-serve portal.  The document shows that you simply pass the self-service users' credentials via a querystring however there is no ability to retreive the users' self-service password through Salesforce.  The only option is to generate a password and send to the user.

So bascially this Word doc makes it look like you don't need to access the API to do this type of integration.  From what I understand, I will actually have to do some type of integration and it's not as simple as this doc suggests.

Has anyone tried the approach in this document?
I searched the board here and couldn't find a solution but ended up coming up with one myself.  We needed to know what our average time was (in days) to convert a lead.    Since our CreateDate for leads was a DATE field and our ConvertedDate was a DATETIME field, doing a simple  {converteddate} - {createddate} wouldn't work.

Anyway, here's the formula I used, hopefully it's useful to others...

(DATE(YEAR(ConvertedDate ),MONTH(ConvertedDate ),DAY(ConvertedDate ))) - (DATE(YEAR( DATEVALUE(CreatedDate) ),MONTH(DATEVALUE(CreatedDate) ),DAY(DATEVALUE(CreatedDate) )))
I want to create something to allow our support agents to quickly close cases that have the same case reason, resolution and time spent.  (things like information requests, uploading a file etc etc)  They spend about 10 minutes resolving minor, repetative support issues including fixing the issue, updating the case and sending the response to the client.

I'd like to be able to create a 'close - info request' custom button that invokes an s-control to do the following:

- update 6 or 7 case fields (standard and custom)
 - close the case
 - add a standard comment
 - send solution or email to the case contact

Even updating the fields is a good start, just something to cut down the time they spend doing the same thing over and over.

I have a fairly good understanding of how I could use an s-control to do this, I just don't know where to get started.  I've added AJAX toolkit and made a simple control that adds an account (from the tutorial) but I'm not sure where to start developing my own control.
I've setup a custom object to track high level project activities.  These activities can be comprised of one or many tasks (which are using the standard salesforce tasks object) and I'd like to figure out a way to automatically update the total time estimate for this activity.

IE:
Activity: setup activities
 SF Task 1: create item 1 (2 hours)
 SF Task 2: create item 2 (1 hour)

Total time that should show on the main 'setup activities' record would be 3 hours.

I'm not sure how I would go about this or if it would just be better to total this information through a report.
I searched the board here and couldn't find a solution but ended up coming up with one myself.  We needed to know what our average time was (in days) to convert a lead.    Since our CreateDate for leads was a DATE field and our ConvertedDate was a DATETIME field, doing a simple  {converteddate} - {createddate} wouldn't work.

Anyway, here's the formula I used, hopefully it's useful to others...

(DATE(YEAR(ConvertedDate ),MONTH(ConvertedDate ),DAY(ConvertedDate ))) - (DATE(YEAR( DATEVALUE(CreatedDate) ),MONTH(DATEVALUE(CreatedDate) ),DAY(DATEVALUE(CreatedDate) )))
I want to create something to allow our support agents to quickly close cases that have the same case reason, resolution and time spent.  (things like information requests, uploading a file etc etc)  They spend about 10 minutes resolving minor, repetative support issues including fixing the issue, updating the case and sending the response to the client.

I'd like to be able to create a 'close - info request' custom button that invokes an s-control to do the following:

- update 6 or 7 case fields (standard and custom)
 - close the case
 - add a standard comment
 - send solution or email to the case contact

Even updating the fields is a good start, just something to cut down the time they spend doing the same thing over and over.

I have a fairly good understanding of how I could use an s-control to do this, I just don't know where to get started.  I've added AJAX toolkit and made a simple control that adds an account (from the tutorial) but I'm not sure where to start developing my own control.

We are experimenting with the email-to-case agent.

Is there a way to stop the creation of the follow-up task when the case is created from the email?