• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have just completed a custom .NET application that "talks" to SalesForce.com and runs perfectly fine when browsed outside of SalesForce.com. However, when I try to access the same application through a SalesForce.com custom tab, I get an "Access is denied" error each time I try to click into a field, make a pulldown selection, click a button, etc. Note that the app does "work" in SalesForce.com, but naturally all of the error messages are quite annoying and need to be taken care of.

Since the app works fine outside of SalesForce.com, I'm presuming that the issue is with the app misbehaving in whatever frame mechanism SalesForce.com forces it through. I also suspect that it's an AJAX issue (yes, the .NET app I've created leverages AJAX 1.0), and that the SalesForce.com frame displaying my app is somehow interferring with the AJAX mechanism. Finally, I've noticed that the app works fine even within SalesForce.com when viewed in Firefox--the problem only manifests itself in IE 7.

If someone has experienced this sort of issue before, please let me know!

Scott M. Huelsman

HSA Applications Development

608-443-4339

Greetings Dev Community,

My company is just starting to move over to Salesforce.com and My task is to integrate our existing Client Support site with Salesforce.  To this end we're utilizing the API through C# and ASP.NET.  Another learning curve for me but I'm getting there [our Dev team uses it so it was thought best to go down a route where we have internal support].

Apparently there is a difference between a Self Service Session and a Regular User Session, as once I got my code working correctly to validate my self service user I'm getting an exception "INVALID_SESSION_ID: Self Service User Sessions are not valid for use with the API".

So what is the difference between a Self Service User Session and a regular session?  What can I do with a self service session?  Am I limited to only validating the login and setting passwords?

Thanks in advance!