• 35 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, I'm having a combination of problems on one workflow that isn't working properly.  I have a workflow to send a time released email notification based on a checkbox in a custom object. If box is not checked, email should go out.  Checkbox is checked using a formula in the field saying that when a task is completed for that object the box will check. This works.  BUT.... when the box does get checked, the Last Modified Date does not change so for some reason my workflow rule does not recognize that the box has been checked and we are getting email notifications like crazy when we shouldn't be getting any.  Is this a problem with the checkbox? with the Last Modified Date not being changed? The time release is based on created date of custom object record so not sure why that's a problem, but workflow settings are when record is created and edited to meet criteria.  It would just be easier if we could do a workflow between two objects: my custom object and tasks.  Any advice, insight or resource would be appreciated. Thank you.
Would like to create a validation rule using record types.  Keep getting syntax errors.  Just want to have to select a picklist value if dollars are in the currency field.
Thanks.

RecordType.Name = "Networks Services" 
 Services__c <>0,
ISBLANK( Services_Product_Involved__c )
Hello. We have Professional Edition.  Trying to create an error when an opportunity stage is dead that you have to pick a reason why from a picklist.  That part I got... now trying to limit it to 2 departments which is another picklist.  Can't seem to get it to work.

This validation rule works as is. Does not limit department. Only requires we pick from reason lost/dead picklist if opportunity stage is dead/lost.
AND (
  OR (
     ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Closed Lost"),
     ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Dead")),
ISPICKVAL(  Reason_Lost_or_Dead_2__c , ""))

Tried adding department picklist to this and it doesn't work the way it should.  Networks and Distribution need to follow the validation rule, the others don't need to worry about it.  It's times like this I wish I had Enterprise. 
AND(
   ISPICKVAL(  Reason_Lost_or_Dead_2__c , ""),
AND(
OR(
  ISPICKVAL( CCI_Division_Region__c ,"CCI Networks"),
  ISPICKVAL( CCI_Division_Region__c ,"CCI Distribution"),
AND(
OR (
     ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Closed Lost")),
     ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Dead")))))

Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you.

The formula below requires certain picklists to be populated based on dollar values in corresponding fields.  This works for all departments.  I added the red section because I want to filter in two departments that have to obey this validation rule.  When I added the 3 red lines I no longer received error messages when I was supposed to.  I only want Networks and Distribution to have to follow this validation rule.  What am I missing?

Thanks.

AND(
DATEVALUE(CreatedDate) > DATE(2012,8,23),
AND(
ISPICKVAL( CCI_Division_Region__c , "CCI Networks"),
ISPICKVAL( CCI_Division_Region__c , "CCI Distribution"),
OR(
AND(Services__c > 0,
ISBLANK(TEXT(Product__c )),
ISBLANK(Services_Product_Involved__c)),
AND(Support__c > 0,
ISBLANK(Support_Provider__c)),
AND(Product__c > 0,
ISBLANK(TEXT(Product_Manufacturer__c))))))

Hello,

I am trying to use a function CASE formula which will check for letters and replace them with a 0, add a leading 0 if only 6 characters and removes the dash.

ie: 81A-002 would change to 0810002

Please see formula below.  I have added the SQL equivalent below as well.

CASE(ISNUMBER(MID('0' + SUBSTITUTE(Name, '-', ''), 5, 1)),1,
('0' + SUBSTITUTE(Name, '-', '')),0,MID('0' + SUBSTITUTE(Name, '-', ''), 1, 4) + '0' + MID('0' + SUBSTITUTE(Name, '-', ''), 6, 2))

Syntax Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function 'CASE()'. Expected 4, received 5

CASE WHEN ISNUMERIC(SUBSTRING('0' + REPLACE(Name, '-', ''), 5, 1)) = 1 THEN '0' + REPLACE(Name, '-', '')

ELSE SUBSTRING('0' + REPLACE(Name, '-', ''), 1, 4) + '0' + SUBSTRING('0' + REPLACE(Name, '-', ''), 6, 2)

END

Thank you!

We have Professional Edition and had a demo today with a third party, Informatica.  When we brought it up that we did not have access to an API, Informatica said we had to upgrade or purchase it in order to use their product.  If we had access to the API we wouldn't need a third party to extract data from Salesforce.  We are currently using the free version which works fine without the Salesforce API but the job limit is 24/day.  How is it that we can use the free version but can't use the paid for version? The guy doing the demo didn't sound too knowledgable of Salesforce, so I'm hoping he's misinformed. Any insight here?

Thank you!

Hello,

I have a validation rule that works with 6 different fields. The fields are paired off, one currency field with a corresponding picklist.  Basically if there is a dollar amount in the currency field, then a value in the corresponding picklist needs to be chosen. The Product fields and the Support fields work exactly as they should... the Services fields do not.  The Services fields are special, as the formula stands, it will NOT allow a dollar amount in the Services field unless there are dollars in the Product field.  What I want to happen is

1) if there are dollars in the Services field AND

2) the Product field is empty

3) the Services picklist needs to be required.  

Otherwise, I don't need the services picklist to be required.  

Thanks!

AND(

DATEVALUE(CreatedDate) >DATE(2012,6,6),

OR(

AND(Services__c > 0, - currency field

ISBLANK(Product__c ), - currency field

ISNULL(Services_Product_Involved__c)), - picklist

AND(Support__c > 0, - currency field

ISNULL(Support_Vendors__c)), - multiple select picklist

AND(Product__c > 0, - currency field

ISBLANK(TEXT(Product_Manufacturer__c))))) - picklist 

Hello,

The validation rule below is working fine, except for the first line with the date.  I'm trying to change this rule to only work on records with a Created Date later than June 6, 2012. No matter where I put it I get syntax errors.  I also changed OR to AND and it didn't like that either.

OR( DATEVALUE (CreatedDate) >DATE(2012,6,6),

OR(
AND(Services__c > 0,
(Product__c <1),
ISNULL(Services_Product_Involved__c)),
AND(Support__c > 0,
ISNULL(Support_Vendors__c)),
AND(Product__c > 0,
ISBLANK(TEXT(Product_Manufacturer__c)))))

Thank you.

I have Professional Edition.

I need a validation rule if the name of the object is NOT EQUAL to "Labor" then the Profit field needs to be required.  I think I did it backwards, but it wont force someone to fill in the Profit field if the name is not "Labor".

AND(REGEX(Name, "Labor"))

&&(Profit_c)>0

This works great!

But if the name is not Labor, i need Profit to be >0. It wouldn't take <> in front of "Labor".

Am I going about this all backwards?

Thanks.

I have PE, and I maxed out on my active validation rule limit.  I have three related validation rules that work independently, and I was wondering if I could put them together into one validation rule. I tried putting them together as is but had syntax issues.

AND( Services__c >0,( Product__c =0),  ISNULL(  Services_Product_Involved__c   ))

AND(  Support__c  >0,  ISNULL(   Support_Vendors__c    ))

AND(Product__c >0,  ISPICKVAL( Product_Manufacturer__c , ""))

Any assistance will be appreciated.
Thanks.

We have Professional Edition. I have been experimenting with this amazing application Cloud Swarm 3 and I noticed something. If I am not using the standard opportunity fields Type or Amount this is pretty useless to me.  We have custom fields in place of the Amount and Type fields. Is there a way to pull in our own custom fields to work with Swarm? Thanks.

We have PROFESSIONAL edition so I don't have the ability to edit profiles.

I would like to restrict non-admin from deleting records. Is there a way to do this? I've been searching the boards and can't seem to find a solution, or else I'm just looking in all the wrong places.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Kimberly J

I have professional.  The application is for professional.  When I tried to do the install I got an error message:

"No more than 5 'Text Area (Long)' fields are allowed per object."

I don't even plan on using them all, if any.  I really need this application, is there a way to get around this?

Thanks.

I have professional.  The application is for professional.  When I tried to do the install I got an error message:

"No more than 5 'Text Area (Long)' fields are allowed per object."

I don't even plan on using them all, if any.  I really need this application, is there a way to get around this?

Thanks.

I need a validation formula requiring entry in a date field based on "Yes" value in picklist.

Thanks.
How does one change the mapping of the stages to the forecasting categories?

Opportunity Name   Percent Field     Amount       Services

TOTALS:                       124%           $111,000.00    $23,000.00

Opportunity A                    16%             $75,000.00    $12,000.00

Opportunity B                    76%             $11,000.00      $5,000.00

Opportunity C                    32%             $25,000.00      $6,000.00

Is there a way to have an actual percentage total on a custom report rather than a sum?  Average doesn't really do the trick either.  At the top where it says 124%, it should really say 20%.  23,000/111,000=20%

All the percentages are doing here is adding 16+76+32 to equal 124 which makes no sense when you are talking about percentages.

This problem seems easy to fix.  Am I missing something?

I need to create a custom formula text field.  I'm trying to work with this formula which determines Region based on the Billing State; but I want to determine an area based on User Role.  When I "Insert Field" the field starts with a $ rather than a !.  I can't seem to figure out the difference between those symbols.  Also, I get Syntax error after error and can't seem to fix them. 
Below is the sample formula from the Help Files:
IF(LEN( {!BillingState})=0, "None",
IF(CONTAINS("AK:AZ:CA:HI:NV:NM: OR:UT:WA", {!BillingState}), "West",
IF(CONTAINS("CO:ID:MT:KS: OK:TX:WY", {!BillingState}), "Central",
IF(CONTAINS("CT:ME:MA:NH:NY: PA:RI:VT", {!BillingState}), "East",
IF(CONTAINS("AL:AR: DC: DE:FL:GA:KY:LA:MD:MS:NC:NJ:SC:TN:VA:WV", {!BillingState}), "South",
IF(CONTAINS("IL:IN:IA:MI:MN:MO:NE:ND: OH:SD:WI", {!BillingState}), "North", "Other" ))))))

Below is my MODIFIED sample formula which does not work.
I have the User Role names in ( " " ) and the text I want in the formula field will say "East", "West" or "National".  Anything outside of these roles I want the text field to be left blank. 
IF(CONTAINS("Western US Sales Manager:Western Region:South Region:Midwest Region:Northern Region", {$UserRole.Name}), "West",
IF(CONTAINS("National Sales Broadband Services:National Sales VIS & FTTx",{$UserRole.Name}), "National",
IF(CONTAINS("Eastern US Sales Manager:Great Lakes Region:New England Region:Sougheast Region",{$UserRole.Name}), "East",)))

Thank You.
Is it possible to do a field validation on a read only picklist to select a certain value depending on the opportunity owner?  I have Professional Edition.
Thank You.
Hello!  I created a custom object and want certain fields to auto populate from the Opportunity.  I got those to work except for the picklists.  These picklists have dependencies and I don't know how to get them to auto populate into my new custom object.
Would like to create a validation rule using record types.  Keep getting syntax errors.  Just want to have to select a picklist value if dollars are in the currency field.
Thanks.

RecordType.Name = "Networks Services" 
 Services__c <>0,
ISBLANK( Services_Product_Involved__c )

Hello,

I am trying to use a function CASE formula which will check for letters and replace them with a 0, add a leading 0 if only 6 characters and removes the dash.

ie: 81A-002 would change to 0810002

Please see formula below.  I have added the SQL equivalent below as well.

CASE(ISNUMBER(MID('0' + SUBSTITUTE(Name, '-', ''), 5, 1)),1,
('0' + SUBSTITUTE(Name, '-', '')),0,MID('0' + SUBSTITUTE(Name, '-', ''), 1, 4) + '0' + MID('0' + SUBSTITUTE(Name, '-', ''), 6, 2))

Syntax Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function 'CASE()'. Expected 4, received 5

CASE WHEN ISNUMERIC(SUBSTRING('0' + REPLACE(Name, '-', ''), 5, 1)) = 1 THEN '0' + REPLACE(Name, '-', '')

ELSE SUBSTRING('0' + REPLACE(Name, '-', ''), 1, 4) + '0' + SUBSTRING('0' + REPLACE(Name, '-', ''), 6, 2)

END

Thank you!

Hello,

I have a validation rule that works with 6 different fields. The fields are paired off, one currency field with a corresponding picklist.  Basically if there is a dollar amount in the currency field, then a value in the corresponding picklist needs to be chosen. The Product fields and the Support fields work exactly as they should... the Services fields do not.  The Services fields are special, as the formula stands, it will NOT allow a dollar amount in the Services field unless there are dollars in the Product field.  What I want to happen is

1) if there are dollars in the Services field AND

2) the Product field is empty

3) the Services picklist needs to be required.  

Otherwise, I don't need the services picklist to be required.  

Thanks!

AND(

DATEVALUE(CreatedDate) >DATE(2012,6,6),

OR(

AND(Services__c > 0, - currency field

ISBLANK(Product__c ), - currency field

ISNULL(Services_Product_Involved__c)), - picklist

AND(Support__c > 0, - currency field

ISNULL(Support_Vendors__c)), - multiple select picklist

AND(Product__c > 0, - currency field

ISBLANK(TEXT(Product_Manufacturer__c))))) - picklist 

Hello,

The validation rule below is working fine, except for the first line with the date.  I'm trying to change this rule to only work on records with a Created Date later than June 6, 2012. No matter where I put it I get syntax errors.  I also changed OR to AND and it didn't like that either.

OR( DATEVALUE (CreatedDate) >DATE(2012,6,6),

OR(
AND(Services__c > 0,
(Product__c <1),
ISNULL(Services_Product_Involved__c)),
AND(Support__c > 0,
ISNULL(Support_Vendors__c)),
AND(Product__c > 0,
ISBLANK(TEXT(Product_Manufacturer__c)))))

Thank you.

I have PE, and I maxed out on my active validation rule limit.  I have three related validation rules that work independently, and I was wondering if I could put them together into one validation rule. I tried putting them together as is but had syntax issues.

AND( Services__c >0,( Product__c =0),  ISNULL(  Services_Product_Involved__c   ))

AND(  Support__c  >0,  ISNULL(   Support_Vendors__c    ))

AND(Product__c >0,  ISPICKVAL( Product_Manufacturer__c , ""))

Any assistance will be appreciated.
Thanks.

We have Professional Edition. I have been experimenting with this amazing application Cloud Swarm 3 and I noticed something. If I am not using the standard opportunity fields Type or Amount this is pretty useless to me.  We have custom fields in place of the Amount and Type fields. Is there a way to pull in our own custom fields to work with Swarm? Thanks.

Hi,

Is there any formula to convert or calculate total minutes into hours? I have a custom field that stores

total minutes and I want to convert this into hours. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Paul

• September 30, 2009
I need a validation formula requiring entry in a date field based on "Yes" value in picklist.

Thanks.
How does one change the mapping of the stages to the forecasting categories?
Is it possible to do a field validation on a read only picklist to select a certain value depending on the opportunity owner?  I have Professional Edition.
Thank You.
Hello!  I created a custom object and want certain fields to auto populate from the Opportunity.  I got those to work except for the picklists.  These picklists have dependencies and I don't know how to get them to auto populate into my new custom object.
I need help in building an S-Control.  I would like to add "Contact Roles" to a Custom Object that I built.  For example, on the Opportunity page there is "Contact Roles" and when you click on "New" a list of contacts are displayed.  I would like that same functionality to on this new "Partnership" tab I created...

If anybody can provide the S-Control I'd really appreciate it.  This is all new to me.

Thanks.

NSM
  • July 27, 2007