• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I've built a matrix of PageBlockTables with a bunch of values in the columns and the totals in the header. Now for the problems:
  • How do I format the header? None of my efforts to get the column header to align on the right hand side of the column has had any effect.
  • How do I display a currency symbol in the header?
Code:
<apex:facet name="header">&euro;{!totalCAssets}</apex:facet>
OR 
<apex:column style="text-align:right" headerstyle="text-align:right" width="25%" headerValue="&euro;{!totalCAssets}">

didn't work. It simply displays the string "&euro;

Still trying to work out a few other issues I'm experiencing, but those would be a great help already!

Thanks for your help!
Marc

I'm trying to create a custom formula field for Accounts that returns the name of the Parent Account if one exists and, if it doesn't, just returns the Account name. This will allow us to group info by the "Top Level Account" whether or not it's in a hierarchy.

What I've got now works except that I can't find the "Parent Name" field - I can only return the Parent Account ID. Is the name hidden away somewhere or is there a better method for this?

Here's my formula:

IF (( ParentId="" ), Name, Parent_Id__c )

Thanks!
Code:
DATE (
YEAR(CloseDate) + FLOOR((((FLOOR((((YEAR( TODAY() ) * 12) + MONTH( TODAY() )) - ((YEAR( CloseDate ) * 12) + MONTH( CloseDate ))) / Term_in_Months__c) + 1) * Term_in_Months__c) + (MONTH(CloseDate) - 1)) / 12),
CASE(MOD(((FLOOR((((YEAR( TODAY() ) * 12) + MONTH( TODAY() )) - ((YEAR( CloseDate ) * 12) + MONTH( CloseDate ))) / Term_in_Months__c) + 1) * Term_in_Months__c) + MONTH(CloseDate),12), 
12),
IF( AND(DAY(CloseDate) = 29,MONTH(CloseDate) = 02) , 28, DAY(CloseDate)))

Compiles to 18,869 characters, references no custom formula fields.

Message Edited by Buell on 10-02-2008 02:23 PM
  • October 02, 2008
I want to modify this formula to stop referencing today's date and instead reference the "Start Date" and "End Date" fields in the reports tab.

IF(
AND(
Sales_Period_Ending__c <= TODAY(),
Sales_Period_Ending__c >= DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), 1, 1)
),
Premium_Sold__c ,
)

What can I do?

Thanks,

I have a report that I want to run daily that shows work done the previous working day.  So in the report I would have in the criteria something like:

Date/Time Closed equals Yesterday

And this worked fine when I am running the report on Tuesday thru Friday. But if I am running the report on Monday, it would only show cases where Date/Time Closed equals to Yesterday (where yesterday is in fact Sunday, and not friday).

I created a custom formula field with data type of date and called it  PreviousWeekDay:

CASE (MOD( Datevalue (now()) - DATE(1900, 1,7),7),
2,today()-1,
3,today()-1,
4,today()-1,
5,today()-1,
6,today()-1,
0,today()-2,
1,today()-3,
today()-1
)

And this seems to work fine in that when I look at the field output from a case page layout, it's showing the proper date value.
So if I was looking at cases at a case today (today being monday Sept 29, 2008), it would give us the value of PreviousWeekDay this value: 9/26/2008

But now when I change my report criteria so that instead of:  Date/Time Closed equals Yesterday
It now says:  Date/Time Closed equals PreviousWeekDay

the report would not work and it would flash red error messages saying

Error: Invalid date (Valid date format 9/29/2008 or 9/29/2008 1:57 PM)

What gives here?  Is there some more conversion I need to do from the custom formula date field?
  • September 29, 2008
HI,
I don't know Apex (I'm starting to learn)

I have a custom object called Product menu (I had to customize this because we sell services and our pricing is so unique I couldn't use products or price books).

Each Product instance is tied to an Opportunity, so an opportunity could have 1 to many Products.

Within each Product I have Hourly fee, Sourcing fee and Base fee by year, so I have 2008 Hourly fee, 2009 Hourly fee, 2010 Hourly fee, 2008 base fee etc....

Since an opportunity can have more than  1 product, I created a field in Opportunity called 2008 Total deal value, 2009 Total Deal Value etc

I want the 2008 Total deal value in Opportunity to add up all the 2008 Total deal values from the products. So, if an opportunity has 4 products, it would add the 2008 Total deal value from each of the products.

Each Product is linked to an opportunity, so I should be able to do this. I tried to create a workflow on the Opportunity object, but it only let me create a workflow based on fields within Opportunites. I tried to do a formula field, but it only allowed me to do this for Opportunity fields. I want to add up the results from Products and put it into the Opportunity field

Can Apex handle this? If so, is there simple code I could use?
Hi,

I've built a matrix of PageBlockTables with a bunch of values in the columns and the totals in the header. Now for the problems:
  • How do I format the header? None of my efforts to get the column header to align on the right hand side of the column has had any effect.
  • How do I display a currency symbol in the header?
Code:
<apex:facet name="header">&euro;{!totalCAssets}</apex:facet>
OR 
<apex:column style="text-align:right" headerstyle="text-align:right" width="25%" headerValue="&euro;{!totalCAssets}">

didn't work. It simply displays the string "&euro;

Still trying to work out a few other issues I'm experiencing, but those would be a great help already!

Thanks for your help!
Marc

I am looking for either of these:  existing app focused on (international) real estate project marketing/sales OR developer experienced in real estate apps.
Hi
I would like to create a custom field on the Account tab that calculates a customer's total expenditure. The only way I can think of doing this is to add all the Amounts for the Closed Won Opportunities related to the Account. When I try to create a formula in a custom field I only seem to be able to reference field on that tab (Accounts). Does anyone know how to made this work or suggest an alternaltive method?

We do not currently use Products so I would be interested to know if this gives us the functionality I'm after.

Thank you

Kerry
  • September 19, 2006