• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am  currently developing an email notification triggered using case milestone warning and violation. Since we have a complicated recipients list based on case queue, I decided to do a field-update on the same case milestone warning and violation and created a trigger and a class that includes an asynchronous method that will handle the constructions of email objects and sending of email notification.

Everything works ok but emails we are receiving didn't resolves merge field values (only name and created date shows). When you manually update the case record the merge fields shows up fine same when you test the visualforce email template.

Since I'm using VF email template I tried to use custom controllers but alas worsen the issue as the email is not anymore sending.

I'd like to ask the community if this is something you also encountered before and what solution have you implemented? 

I have a trigger that checks for the value of Case.AccountId on a trigger. It seems like the field does not have a value on the trigger before insert of case when the running user is of type customer portal but has value when running user is a salesforce user. However on the front-end the AccountId is populated for Customer Portal as it automatically relates the case to the Person Account related to the Customer Portal User.

I can't find any documentation about this. Can somebody help?

Hi All,

I have been reading the implementation guide for SSO and Connect for Outlook and pretty much get the high level. I just have some specific question for implementing the Desktop Client Proxy. If I set the serverURL value in the registry and it post SOAP messages, is it using the same SOAP messages when using the Partner API WSDL? Also will this mean If I send the modified SOAP message with the token to SFDC for login request that I'm still using the Generated C# Classes for logging in?

Hope somebody can shed light to my inquiries.

Hi All,

I have an future method that inserts/updates user. However during checking on Setup->Monitoring->Apex Jobs I found out that there are some instances that I get the an error 'First error: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, group membership operation already in progress:'

I'm not sure about the error since it was not meaningful to me. Can somebody shed some light regarding this issue? I have tried search for other thread but none to avail.

Regards

All,

I create a sample POC in which an Interim Page (called Page 1) that will redirect to another Page (called Page 2) and uses the same controller when a condition met otherwise goes to another Page (called Page 3) when it does not meet the criteria. Page 3 does not use the same controller Page 1 & 2 uses.

I'm attaching the code here

Apex Controller

public class TestCntrl {
	public PageReference init(){
		PageReference pg  = null;
		if(true){
			pg = Page.TestPage2;
		}else{
			pg = Page.TestPage3;
		}
		return pg;
	}
}

Visual Force Page 1

<apex:page controller="TestCntrl" action="{!init}">
	<apex:form >
		Page 1
		<br/>
		<apex:commandButton value="page2" action="{!init}"/>
	</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Visual Force Page 2

<apex:page controller="TestCntrl">
Page 2

Visual Force Page 3

<apex:page >
Page 3

The thing is when the init() method is called in the action attribute of Page 1 it should redirect to Page 2 but it does not but if you look into the Debug logs it says it returning the correct PageReference. Also, if you click the button that calls the same method it redirects correctly. This is also true if you put setRedirect(false)  for Page 2 and setRedirect(true) for Page 3 (even though Page 3 does not need setRedirect since It does not use the same controller).

If you use setRedirect(true) for Page 2 it will work but it will loose the ViewState. I dont want to loose the ViewState and dont want to pass parameters for Page 2. According to the Visual Force documentation it should work but it seems like its not working. I have tested this already in 3 different Organization. I also search the forums and have removed the Developer mode but it still does not work!

I'm I missing something? Hope someone helps. TIA

Is Custom Settings 10MB counted as part of the Org Size Limit or is it added on top of the Org Size Limit? The documentation does not state anything regarding it. Thanks
Message Edited by NinoJose on 02-05-2010 01:41 AM

Hi Gurus,

I would like to ask if the Out-of-the-box Google Analytics can track Force.com Site with Branded URL. What will be the URL that I need to set on the Google Analytics? Is it the generated URL or the Branded URL?

Thanks in Advance.

Message Edited by NinoJose on 02-05-2010 01:41 AM

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have an experience using SimpliCTI for SFDC connecting to CISCO? If yes could you share some pain-points/problems you encountered while doing the integration? I would greatly appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Nino - SFDC Developer 

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. Is there a difference on the Apex Governor Limit for Salesforce CRM and Force.com Platform?

Thanks,

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help me with my problem. I was assigned as a support to one Flex Application that unfortunately I did not create and that is already in Production. User's are complaining that they inconsistently get an error message from Flex when saving after inputting a lot of data from the Flex App. The error is:

[FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: https://cs2.api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/11.0/00DR00000006aDz"]. URL:https://cs2.api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/11.0/00D00000006aDz" messageId="9314AAE6-8B25-5985-8170-8BAE4DED6A44" type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

I looked at the code and it uses a PureMVC framework to communicate with SFDC (ofcourse with the help of the Flex Toolkit for SFDC).

The only weird thing that I noticed on the application is that, when the application saves the record to SFDC, and since the app saves records to multiple custom objects (Around 5 custom objects), what it does is it calls around 5 commands to save records for each type of custom objects asynchronously without waiting for the previous call to finish. Below is a pseudo-code of that is happening for the purpose of clarity:

send notification to save records to custom object 1 (Asynchronous)

send notification to save records to custom object 2 (Asynchronous)

send notification to save records to custom object 3 (Asynchronous)

send notification to save records to custom object 4 (Asynchronous)

send notification to save records to custom object 5 (Asynchronous)

So what happens here is that it calls all of the command without waiting for the others to finish. I'm thinking that the error above is causing this problem.

Is there a problem using the above mentioned logic to save records to salesforce using Flex? Thanks in advance who could help me out.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to ask about a problem I'm experiencing with one of my previous project. The project actually was built using SControl and using AJAX Toolkit. Currently its processing 100K+ records and updates it. So the SControl does this javascript setTimeOut() and setInterval() so that it can call update method in batches. However since its now processing a large number of records and already experiencing problem and I'm getting an error saying "Remote invocation failed, due to: status code" and I cannot really tell whats the problem because it does not tell the status code and the reason why it fails. So now I'm thinking that maybe salesforce has some restrictions about the number of API calls per seconds/minutes?Am aware about the number of API calls per day but I'm not reaching that.

I already intended to upgrade the code using WebService (As I cannot update it using trigger because it has to be run every month for computation). 

Can somebody shed light on my problem?

thanks and more power! 

Hi Guys,

I read that the standardListController can only handle 10,000 records. How about for Custom List Controller? Is it the same?

Thanks,

Nino

Hi Guys,

I'm fairly new with VisualForce development although I had some experience using Apex Code,SControl and a little of Flex. I was doing some practice developing visualforce pages and reading the component reference page when I saw that the documentation says that on <apex:page>,  "the action attribute should not be used for initialization".  What could be the reason?

I tried initializing the variable when its declared like below:

public class sampleController{
   Integer x = getCounter();

public Integer getCounter(){
     }
}

And I also used the attribute action for a page example:

VF Page
<apex:page action="{!init}" controller="sampleController">

Controller
     Integer x = 0;
          x = getCounter();
          return null;
     }

}
}

And I don't see any difference on using these 2 methods of initializing. Could it be that the two methods differ on the number of Roundtrips for Client to Server?

Any thoughts would be helpul.

Thanks,

Nino

Message Edited by NinoJose on 12-30-2008 01:18 PM
HI All,

Im am wondering, how does salesforce handle triggers?

Im definitely sure that when a mass update occurs and a trigger on the object exist then it will handle bulk update on the trigger so trigger.new may vary depending on the number of records updated using the mass update.

However, for example two users updates the same record at the same time... how does salesforce handle it on a trigger? will there going to be to trigger context for each user? or will there be only one trigger?

Thanks
Help please,

I have a situation where I need to create a dynamic like condition using Triggers.

Currently what I am doing is to use something like this

String whereClause = '';
for(Account t : Trigger.new){
    whereClause += ' %' + (String)t.Id + '% Or Name like ';
}
whereClause = whereClause.substring(0,(whereClause.length()-15));

List<Account> accts = new List<Account> new ([Select Id, Name From Account Where Name like :whereClause]);

however Im getting error on bulk processing maybe because dynamic creation of SOQL Statement is not allowed in Apex.

My question is, is there any other way I could do a like condition for multiple values????

I hope someone could save me from this problem.

Hi Guys,

Can somebody shed some light on me I'm loosing my hair trying to figure out whats the problem in my Apex Code.

Im using Like in my SOQL to some some record using a String variable for my like expression.

Example:

String myValue = '\'%' + somevalues + '%\';

List<Account> = new List<Account>([Select Id, Name from Account where customField like :myvalue]);

however it does not return and any row but when I used the Apex Explorer to query the same soql expression it gives the records, same as when I put the value directly in my SOQL query inside the initialization code of the List above.

Am I missing something?? Need you feedback guys. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi All,

Can I edit the columns that is showing on the Account Hierarchy Table?

Thanks,
Hi, just want to verfiy, if I update 200 record by batch how many API call will it produce? You see Im having trouble with the limit the salesforce enforce.

Thanks
    Hi guys, I would like to know if It is possible to pass a variable on the callback functions besides the result of the query or action?

Any comment/suggestion will be deeply appreciated.
Hi All, I hope somebody can shed light on my problem using parent to child soql query. I have 2 custom objects, Object1 and Object2. Object1 is the parent of Object2. What I want to do is to query records from Object1 who dont have child records but I cannot fetch records who don't have child records. What I can only do is to query all the records from Object1 and then I manually check if  it has no corresponding child records on my scontrol code.

Below is my soql query:

SELECT Object1.Id, (SELECT Object2.Id FROM Object1.RelationshipNameToObject2) FROM Object1

Now, is there any code in which I can check whether the subquery dont return any value so that I wont have to check on my javascript code if a record don't have child records?

Thanks in advice.

I am  currently developing an email notification triggered using case milestone warning and violation. Since we have a complicated recipients list based on case queue, I decided to do a field-update on the same case milestone warning and violation and created a trigger and a class that includes an asynchronous method that will handle the constructions of email objects and sending of email notification.

Everything works ok but emails we are receiving didn't resolves merge field values (only name and created date shows). When you manually update the case record the merge fields shows up fine same when you test the visualforce email template.

Since I'm using VF email template I tried to use custom controllers but alas worsen the issue as the email is not anymore sending.

I'd like to ask the community if this is something you also encountered before and what solution have you implemented? 

I have a batch job defined below as the scope. 

global Database.QueryLocator start(Database.BatchableContext BC){

return Database.getQueryLocator([select id, DUNS_Number__c, Parent_DUNS__c, ParentId from Account where Parent_DUNS__c != null]);
}

But from the debug log, I saw the scope is returned as: select id, DUNS_Number__c, Parent_DUNS__c, ParentId from Account

The where statement is ignored completely. So there are much more records returned.

I do not know what went wrong.

• October 22, 2012

we have a process to store case data which works when the case owner is a user but fails when case owner is a queue. Is there a method for testing the object type of the owner id to ensure its a user? Another technique i saw is to query the user table for the owner id and see if any results returned.

there has to be an sobject method...right??

Hi All,

I have an future method that inserts/updates user. However during checking on Setup->Monitoring->Apex Jobs I found out that there are some instances that I get the an error 'First error: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, group membership operation already in progress:'

I'm not sure about the error since it was not meaningful to me. Can somebody shed some light regarding this issue? I have tried search for other thread but none to avail.

Regards

Hello,

An Apex application to check for duplicates accounts by the account name and phone numbe for greater than 1000 accounts? Does Apex support self joins ? and How wold I be able to save account data from more than 1000 records?

Thanks,

Kral

• September 01, 2010

Hello All,

I have installed the SF connector on Outlook 2007. However when I try to connect to Salesforce address book thro' the Outlook I get a error message" Failed to login to Sales force". The pasword and security key is entered correctly. Could anybody guide me on syncronising salesforce with outlook.

Thanks and Regards,

Raj

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have an experience using SimpliCTI for SFDC connecting to CISCO? If yes could you share some pain-points/problems you encountered while doing the integration? I would greatly appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Nino - SFDC Developer 

Referring to article http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Taking_Salesforce_Data_Offline_Using_Adobe_AIR followed steps as indicated, created a window based flex project with reference to both AIR and FLEX library.

Program compiled successfully, no errors. Anyhow on runtime it throws following error.

SQLError: 'Error #3119: Database file is currently locked.', details:'', operation:'execute'
at flash.data::SQLStatement/internalExecute()
at flash.data::SQLStatement/execute()
at com.salesforce::AIRConnection/openSQLiteDatabase()[/home/jamesw/projects/mavericks/sdkair/src/com/salesforce/AIRConnection.as:722]
at com.salesforce::AIRConnection/login()[/home/jamesw/projects/mavericks/sdkair/src/com/salesforce/AIRConnection.as:163]
at main/initApp()[C:\Documents and Settings\cmehta\My Documents\Flex Builder 3\SFDC Data Offline Using AIR\src\main.mxml:20]

Its clear from above that my connection properties to Database(used to store offline data) are not accurate.  As per documentation also query results are automatically saved to the local SQLite Database.

Where is SQLite DB located on my local machine?

Do I need to install the same ?

Where do i specify database connection attributes in my Flex Project ?

Would like to know in more detail about the local Database being discussed in above article.

Message Edited by Chirag Mehta on 05-19-2009 03:50 PM

Hi Guys,

I read that the standardListController can only handle 10,000 records. How about for Custom List Controller? Is it the same?

Thanks,

Nino

Hi Guys,

I'm fairly new with VisualForce development although I had some experience using Apex Code,SControl and a little of Flex. I was doing some practice developing visualforce pages and reading the component reference page when I saw that the documentation says that on <apex:page>,  "the action attribute should not be used for initialization".  What could be the reason?

I tried initializing the variable when its declared like below:

Integer x = getCounter();

}
}

And I also used the attribute action for a page example:

VF Page
<apex:page action="{!init}" controller="sampleController">

Controller
     Integer x = 0;
          x = getCounter();
          return null;
     }

}
}

And I don't see any difference on using these 2 methods of initializing. Could it be that the two methods differ on the number of Roundtrips for Client to Server?

Any thoughts would be helpul.

Thanks,

Nino

Message Edited by NinoJose on 12-30-2008 01:18 PM
HI All,

Im am wondering, how does salesforce handle triggers?

Im definitely sure that when a mass update occurs and a trigger on the object exist then it will handle bulk update on the trigger so trigger.new may vary depending on the number of records updated using the mass update.

However, for example two users updates the same record at the same time... how does salesforce handle it on a trigger? will there going to be to trigger context for each user? or will there be only one trigger?

Thanks
Help please,

I have a situation where I need to create a dynamic like condition using Triggers.

Currently what I am doing is to use something like this

String whereClause = '';
for(Account t : Trigger.new){
    whereClause += ' %' + (String)t.Id + '% Or Name like ';
}
whereClause = whereClause.substring(0,(whereClause.length()-15));

List<Account> accts = new List<Account> new ([Select Id, Name From Account Where Name like :whereClause]);

however Im getting error on bulk processing maybe because dynamic creation of SOQL Statement is not allowed in Apex.

My question is, is there any other way I could do a like condition for multiple values????

I hope someone could save me from this problem.

Hi Guys,

Can somebody shed some light on me I'm loosing my hair trying to figure out whats the problem in my Apex Code.

Im using Like in my SOQL to some some record using a String variable for my like expression.

Example:

String myValue = '\'%' + somevalues + '%\';

List<Account> = new List<Account>([Select Id, Name from Account where customField like :myvalue]);

however it does not return and any row but when I used the Apex Explorer to query the same soql expression it gives the records, same as when I put the value directly in my SOQL query inside the initialization code of the List above.

Am I missing something?? Need you feedback guys. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi guys, I would like to know if It is possible to pass a variable on the callback functions besides the result of the query or action?

Any comment/suggestion will be deeply appreciated.
Hi All, I hope somebody can shed light on my problem using parent to child soql query. I have 2 custom objects, Object1 and Object2. Object1 is the parent of Object2. What I want to do is to query records from Object1 who dont have child records but I cannot fetch records who don't have child records. What I can only do is to query all the records from Object1 and then I manually check if  it has no corresponding child records on my scontrol code.

Below is my soql query:

SELECT Object1.Id, (SELECT Object2.Id FROM Object1.RelationshipNameToObject2) FROM Object1

Now, is there any code in which I can check whether the subquery dont return any value so that I wont have to check on my javascript code if a record don't have child records?

Thanks in advice.
Hi Im a newbie and would like to know if there is a way to override the message that pops up on the Delete button on the contact list???

Lets say I would like to change the message "Are you sure?" with the message "Are you sure you want to delete this Contact?"

Hope you can give some advice. Thanks