• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I have searched all over the place for an answer to this basic question. I'm using a formula in a custom object that takes the values in several picklist fields in that object and concatenates them. My problem is that I'm separating the results with a comma, but I don't know how to tell the system to not list a comma after the last value.

This is the formula:

CASE( Degree_Subject__c ,
"Biochemistry" , "Biochemistry" ,
"Molecular Pharmacology" , "Molecular Pharmacology" ,
"Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Other" , "Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Other" ,
NULL
)
& " - " &
CASE( Number_of_Degrees__c ,
"1" , "1" ,
"2" , "2" ,
"3" , "3" ,
NULL
)
& ", " &
CASE( Degree_Subject2__c ,
"Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Other" , "Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Other" ,
NULL
)
& " - " &
CASE( Number_of_Degrees2__c ,
"1" , "1" ,
"2" , "2" ,
"3" , "3" ,
NULL
)
& ", " &
CASE( Degree_Subject3__c ,
NULL
)
& " - " &
CASE( Number_of_Degrees3__c ,
"1" , "1" ,
"2" , "2" ,
"3" , "3" ,
NULL
)

And if, say, Degree_Subject, Degree_Subject2, Number_of_Degrees, and Number_of_Degrees2 have values in them, but Degree_Subject3 and Number_of_Degrees3 are blank, then the formula field will give me this:

Biochemistry - 2, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Other - 2, -

What I don't want are the extra "," and "-" when there are blank fields.

Hopefully this makes sense and someone here can help me!

Thanks,
Rebecca
I would like to display 3 or more columns of data in a table report on a dashboard. However it appears that the dashboard reports (componants) will only give you 2 columns of information. Is there a way around this or am I missing something in setting up the dashboard reports?

Thanks,
Coral
  • November 19, 2008
Hi,

I have searched all over the place for an answer to this basic question. I'm using a formula in a custom object that takes the values in several picklist fields in that object and concatenates them. My problem is that I'm separating the results with a comma, but I don't know how to tell the system to not list a comma after the last value.

This is the formula:

CASE( Degree_Subject__c ,
NULL
)
& " - " &
CASE( Number_of_Degrees__c ,
"1" , "1" ,
"2" , "2" ,
"3" , "3" ,
NULL
)
& ", " &
CASE( Degree_Subject2__c ,
NULL
)
& " - " &
CASE( Number_of_Degrees2__c ,
"1" , "1" ,
"2" , "2" ,
"3" , "3" ,
NULL
)
& ", " &
CASE( Degree_Subject3__c ,
NULL
)
& " - " &
CASE( Number_of_Degrees3__c ,
"1" , "1" ,
"2" , "2" ,
"3" , "3" ,
NULL
)

And if, say, Degree_Subject, Degree_Subject2, Number_of_Degrees, and Number_of_Degrees2 have values in them, but Degree_Subject3 and Number_of_Degrees3 are blank, then the formula field will give me this:

Biochemistry - 2, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Other - 2, -

What I don't want are the extra "," and "-" when there are blank fields.

Hopefully this makes sense and someone here can help me!

Thanks,
Rebecca
Hello,

--->(1) this is the situation:
* picklist multi-select with pick items x,y,z
* 5 selection possibilities: x,y,z,xy,xz,yz
* Lets say I have 4 records (i.e. 4 leads) with the following selections: x, xy, xz, xyz

--->(2) report: if I do a summary report on on this specific picklist multi-select I get the following record counts:
x = 1
xy = 1
xz = 1
xyz = 1

--->(3) Question: how do I get a report which counts the number for each single pick-item of a pick list "multi-select" and not the combination of pick items .... ? The 4 records mentioned above should be reported as:

x = 4
y = 2
z = 2

---> Thank you for your advice !

Reto