• 4 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Can anyone tell me if there is a "que" offered within Salesforce that records changes and/or newly added records?  I am designing our two way integrations and would like to use a que as opposed to created and modified dates.

If there is NOT a que, can you tell me how you accomplished this (or would accomplish it) by way of non-apex administrative application changes??

Thanks, Tammy

Hello -

We have fields on some custom objects that we currently populate through nightly integrations.  We would like to change that and have them be populated with a SF formula.  My SF Administrator tried to change the field type from text to formula but was unable to.  Is there some reason that we are unable to make that change??  It looks like we are required to create an entirely new formula field and delete the old??  This will require alot of work in our integrations and back office reporting of the replciated SF data to accomodate for an entirely new field.  Any idea's??

Thanks, Tammy
I am using Informatica to load data from our customer master into SF.

When I create a record through the API (Informatica connector) in the AccountTeamMember object, a related record is automatically created in the AccountShare object granting access for that person to various other account related objects (i.e. cases, opportunities).

The problem I have is that it is assigning some generic default access levels in the AccoutShare object upon insert. As a result I have had to develop another job that updates the AccountShare records that were just inserted.

We are recreating teams on a nightly basis, so this is nearly 1 million records that are being created and updated nightly. THIS TAKES HOURS to run!!

I would like to try and find a way to force specific values to be applied with the AccountShare inserts that result from an insert of a record to the AccountTeamMember with a TeamMemberRole = 'Sales Rep'.

Anyone know if/how this is possible?
We have been running in a production environment for over a month.  Suddenly last night all of our informatica jobs started failing with the following error.

ERROR: Session task instance (s_m_Name_of_Mapping): Execution terminated unexpectedly.

That's it.  Nothing more.

We were running jobs yesterday and everything was working fine until last nights load.

Any idea's??
I need help...

I am trying to develop the integrations for creating the nightly AccountTeamMember load.  I have several questions regarding the instances in which records are automatically created in the AccountShare object, etc.  See my question to SF below....please let me know if you have experience or information that might help.

In what situations is a record either added, updated, or deleted from the AccountShare object? For example, it sounds like a record is automatically created upon the insert of a record to the AccountTeamMember object? What happens when that same AccountTeamMember object record is updated or deleted? Are these changes cascaded down? Is a record created for every rep that has visibility to the particular account including those that have access based on role hierarchy? I see we have a value in RowCause that is not included in the API documentation entitled "Implicit.....". What is that about, I am not able to see that as a valid value in the API documentation?  How is that assigned and under what circumstances?

Can anyone tell me if there is a "que" offered within Salesforce that records changes and/or newly added records?  I am designing our two way integrations and would like to use a que as opposed to created and modified dates.

If there is NOT a que, can you tell me how you accomplished this (or would accomplish it) by way of non-apex administrative application changes??

Thanks, Tammy

We are integrating with SFDC via the WSDL, and I'm curious to know the correct way to set the flag "Insert null values", similar to how the data loader and other tools allow you to overwrite an existing field value with null if it already contains a non-null value.

It appears that this must be set at the field level in the WSDL with a boolean flag, but other tools appear to set this at the operation or job level.

Any insight anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Nick 

Hello -

We have fields on some custom objects that we currently populate through nightly integrations.  We would like to change that and have them be populated with a SF formula.  My SF Administrator tried to change the field type from text to formula but was unable to.  Is there some reason that we are unable to make that change??  It looks like we are required to create an entirely new formula field and delete the old??  This will require alot of work in our integrations and back office reporting of the replciated SF data to accomodate for an entirely new field.  Any idea's??

Thanks, Tammy
I am using Informatica to load data from our customer master into SF.

When I create a record through the API (Informatica connector) in the AccountTeamMember object, a related record is automatically created in the AccountShare object granting access for that person to various other account related objects (i.e. cases, opportunities).

The problem I have is that it is assigning some generic default access levels in the AccoutShare object upon insert. As a result I have had to develop another job that updates the AccountShare records that were just inserted.

We are recreating teams on a nightly basis, so this is nearly 1 million records that are being created and updated nightly. THIS TAKES HOURS to run!!

I would like to try and find a way to force specific values to be applied with the AccountShare inserts that result from an insert of a record to the AccountTeamMember with a TeamMemberRole = 'Sales Rep'.

Anyone know if/how this is possible?
Hi,
When we try to Load,  Activity - Date/time field, we are not getting the exact date/time as in the Excel sheet.
We tried using the formats -  2006-9-19T0:00:00.000GMT+hh:mm, and found that out of 500 records 450 are loaded correctly ,the rest are lagging by 1 hour. They are all assigned to Users having same timezone. Is there Any problem in the batch size ?
Any  Solution/tips on this would help us...

Thanks
Gani
2006-9-19T0:00:00.000GMT+02:00
  • February 12, 2008
We have been running in a production environment for over a month.  Suddenly last night all of our informatica jobs started failing with the following error.

ERROR: Session task instance (s_m_Name_of_Mapping): Execution terminated unexpectedly.

That's it.  Nothing more.

We were running jobs yesterday and everything was working fine until last nights load.

Any idea's??
I am trying to create a required readonly field for a custom object.  Is it possible? Please advise,
  • November 06, 2007
Hi,

I know this question is a straight forward but still if anybody has any clue then please let us know.

We are trying to insert data in AccountShare table and are facing problem. While trying to insert data in AccountAccessLevel field, API is throwing the following error message:

Message: Account Access: bad value for restricted picklist field: Read Only\nStatus Code:INVALID_OR_NULL_FOR_RESTRICTED_PICKLIST\nFields: System.String[]\nID: \n\n

We are trying to insert value which reads as "Read Only" without double quotes.

We checked the field properties and found that it is restricted picklist and filterable. Is there any way we can insert data in this field or leave it blank.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Manas.