• 25 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
what is the VisualForce control to create a drop-down menu? I dont see anything like that in the developer guide.
Has anyone been able to use a WYSIWYG editor for the custom text area fields so as to maintain the expectancy when eventually the field data is published to their website?
I am trying to search for leads in a particular month and I see discrepancies between the rows returned when I run the report in Salesforce.com Vs what I get from SOQL.

The query I am using is

Select l.Company, l.ConvertedDate, l.Description, l.Id, l.OwnerId, l.IS_Rep__c,l.owner.firstname,l.owner.lastname from Lead l where l.convertedDate != null and l.convertedDate >= 2008-01-01 and l.convertedDate <= 2008-01-31 and l.IS_Rep__c <> '' and l.IS_Rep__c = 'SOME NAME'

I see 20 rows returned by the above query while I see 22 rows returned by the report.

The interesting thing I noticed is the two missing rows were updated on the last day of the month, 2008-01-31.

If I modify the query to below then I see those two rows

Select l.Company, l.ConvertedDate, l.Description, l.Id, l.OwnerId, l.IS_Rep__c,l.owner.firstname,l.owner.lastname from Lead l where l.convertedDate != null and l.convertedDate >= 2008-01-01 and l.IS_Rep__c <> '' and l.IS_Rep__c = 'SOME NAME'

Also If I do the below query I see the rows.

Select l.Company, l.ConvertedDate, l.Description, l.Id, l.OwnerId, l.IS_Rep__c,l.owner.firstname,l.owner.lastname from Lead l where l.convertedDate != null and l.convertedDate >= 2008-01-01 and l.convertedDate <= 2008-02-01 and l.IS_Rep__c <> '' and l.IS_Rep__c = 'SOME NAME'

Has any one seen this issue? Is there a problem with "<=" operator or does Salesforce store data in different format than what is displayed in the UI like GMT internally?

Thanks,

-Anil

How can I write a dynamic sql in apex code?

My need is to construct a SQL according to users inputs and so it has combinations that needs to be checked with several if conditions. I need to create the SQL with those conditions and combinations and then execute it. How can it be achieved?
I've installed this on two other computers but I can't get the Force.com IDE remote site to recognize any updates.  I'm using Eclipse 3.3 java and the only thing I see that's different is that this box is running Vista 64 as opposed to 32 on the other two. 

I've validated that the name and url are correct.  My colleague is also having the same issue on Vista 32.

I get this popup error message: "No features found on the selected site(s).  Choose a different site or site category."

Any Suggestions? :smileysad:
  • May 07, 2008
what is the VisualForce control to create a drop-down menu? I dont see anything like that in the developer guide.
I've implemented a simple Google Map application that plots the top producers of a territory. Currently, the map is associated at the contact record level and it's set up as an S-Control that's attached to a custom button on the contact detail page.

I've started geocoding the contacts' addresses using the Google Map GClientGeoCoder class, which makes a call to the Google servers (I send the address to it and it returns the coordinates back). This process is very inefficient and overhead heavy, especially with multiple addresses. Plus, there's really no need to geocode an address if it has been previously, unless the address on the contact record has changed.

For anyone that has worked on integrating SF with GoogleMaps before: what's the best way to get the coordinates from an address? I've seen a previous thread that seems to store the coordinates into custom fields, but I cannot find the source code to understand how the storage-goecoding is done.

Any insights will be appreciated, thanks!
  • April 30, 2008