• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi There ,

Here is my requirement.

Step 1: I need a workflow action to update a field after 3 hours.
Step 2: When that field is updated , I want to check for a condition and if it is true want to create a task.

For step 1 : I created a time trigger to update the field  A  with Value "TEST" after 3 hours and it worked fine.

For step 2: I created an other workflow which checks for the  conditions :   field A equal "TEST"  and status of the record equals "Working"  and it  creates a task .               But this one is not getting fired.

So my question is , Is it even valid what I am doing?  If it is what is that I am doing wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Hi!

Can anyone tell me which table in SFDC stores the Standard and Custom reports Id's, Report Name and Query information.

Thanks,

Hi

I have a lot of record types on a custom object and displaying all those  while creating a New Record looks not very attractive.

I want to over-write code for New button where I can display some record types and depending upon which the user picks display another smaller list of record types and then based on what is the final selection open up the page layout for that record type to enter information.

I would really appreciate if anyone who has done anything similar or has some idea how to do it can guide me .

Thanks for the help
I have to calculate the number of days a case has been in a perticular status and if it is a High Priority case then it needs to consider weekends as well and for all other priorities it needs to ignore the weekends and then see how long a case has been in a perticular status.
Has  any one worked on similar situation and is there a way I can see what is the Day ( Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc)  on a perticular date ?

Any help is appricaited.

Thanks
I have a situation where I have to add years, months or days based on the values in a variable . Here is what I am doing.
the  variables used have these values

time_cov = 1   
ST[0].SVMXC__Unit_of_Time__c == 'Years' is true 

so it should add 1 year to the date t . But it does not add anything
It does go in the if - statement and  system.debug  statement does get executed.

date t = date.valueOf(WR.SVMXC__Start_Date__c);

if (ST[0].SVMXC__Unit_of_Time__c =='Years' )
    { t.addYears(time_cov) ;
    system.debug(t);
    }

else if (ST[0].SVMXC__Unit_of_Time__c =='Months')
    { t.addMonths(time_cov) ;}

else if (ST[0].SVMXC__Unit_of_Time__c =='Days')
    {     t.addDays(time_cov) ;}

else if (ST[0].SVMXC__Unit_of_Time__c =='Weeks')
    {   t.addDays(time_cov * 7) ;}

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong
Any help is appriciated
I have a situation where I have to add years, months or days based on the values in a variable . Here is what I am doing.

time_cov = 1   

It does go in the if - statement and  system.debug  statement does get executed.

{ t.addYears(time_cov) ;
    system.debug(t);
    }

Any help is appriciated
I need to multiply two numbers , one of them is integer and other is Double.
It is not allowing me to multiply.

I am using the following syntax currently:    time_cov is double

Integer.valueOf(String.valueOf(time_cov ))

It does not error out but is not giving me result.

Is there a better way or any other way.

Thanks
Hi

I am trying to compare two datetime fields, in an Apex class, to get number of  days and hours between the two dates.

e.g if difference is 5 days and 10 hours I need the value returned as  (5.10)

I can not find any function.

Can any one help me with how to comapre two datetime fields.

Thanks

Message Edited by willing on 03-06-2008 01:59 PM

Message Edited by willing on 03-06-2008 02:08 PM

Message Edited by willing on 03-06-2008 02:09 PM
I have a custom object where I have to display Contact Hierarchy similar to the one shown on standatrd object 'Contacts' , field  Reports To.   [View Org Chart]

If anyone have any ideas, please let me know.
Thanks,

Prerana
I am writing a trigger and I need today' date .When I use  system.today() it give me Date and  time stamp. I need only the date portion.
Please let me know if anyone knows any function that is suiatble for my requirement

Cinovate is looking for a temporary, full-time, intermediate-level Technical Consultant. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years experience in a developer, team leader, or technical consultant role.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work on exciting customer projects; each with diverse business and technical challenges. Cinovate is a fast paced environment, ideal for ambitious self-starters who enjoy something different each day.

Responsibilities:

• Work closely with project team to determine customer requirements
  • Design and implement technical solutions for customers built on the Salesforce.com platform
  • Configuration, APEX/Visualforce development, report writing
  • Devise and execute data migration strategies
  • Keep executive and project team members apprised of progress and time to completion for all tasks
  • Other duties that contribute to the successful completion of client projects on time and budget

Qualifications:

• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related-field
  • Experience with Salesforce.com configuration preferred, but relevant experience within CRM or related applications is also highly valued,
  • Experience with APEX, and Visualforce preferred
  • Java, JavaScript, PHP, MS .Net, SQL
  • Background in Web Development ideal
  • Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
  • Adept at translating customer requirements into technical specifications
  • Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task, and propensity to handle competing priorities and varying customer demands with poise and professionalism
  • Good business acumen with an understanding as to how a CRM application can be utilized to improve business processes and the bottom line
  • Strong understanding of the value proposition for Cloud Computing/OnDemand models

To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to careers@cinovate.com.
Message Edited by cinov8 on 07-22-2009 06:10 AM

Job description

We are a product development MNC and have requirement for following job description.

1. Should have working knowledge of Visual force pages/components/s-controls and triggers.
  2. Sound knowledge of Apex API, Classes, Validation Rules, Formula field and outbound messages.
  3. Knowledge of Flex, Ajax, Workflows, Web Services and External web service callouts is preferrable.

As a company policy am not using my office mail id here. So, send your resume ASAP to yoafzal@yahoo.com.

Location is not a constraint, but India is preferrable.

regards,

Mohammad Afzal.

Looking for someone with training and experience working as a SF.com administrator and for another person to work as a BA on requirements and training users.

Looking to fill the position as soon as possible.  Local candidates preferred, no contracting, no consulting, no sponsorship.

Interested candidates please send resume to ken@icore.com. 

Salesforce.com Administrator / Programmer

Job Description:

As the Salesforce.com Administrator/Programmer you will beresponsible for the implementation and optimization of Salesforce.com and itsutilization for the entire organization.  Primary duties will includeimplementing programs and training to increase user adoption, effectiveness,streamline workflow, and optimizing overall usage across theorganization. 

Responsibilities:

·         Manage the Salesforce.com CRM application.

·         Maintain the functional areas of data management, including allstandard and custom objects, dashboards and reports.

·         Maintain user roles, security, profiles, workflow rules, etc.     

·         Responsibilities include design business process, rapid userinterface configuration, user provisioning, data transfer and cleansing, report/ dashboard design, user training, documentation and marketing campaignsupport.

·         Train new and existing end users on the salesforce.com application

·         Design and implement sales force automation including activitymanagement processes

·         Execution and maintenance of automated customer communications atvarious stages of the customer lifecycle

·         Implement programs to increase user adoption and effectiveness

·         Maintain system metrics to track trends in usage and dataintegrity

·         Identify usage problems and craft technical / communication plansto remedy

·         Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategicbusiness issues involving CRM, marketing, and sales operations

Skills and Experience:

·         Excellent verbal and written communication skills

·         Fluency in Microsoft Office applications

·         Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to workin a team-oriented sales-driven, metric-intense environment

·         Ability to translate customer requirements into specifications

·         Ability to blend technical, operational, sales and marketingrequirements into a well run CRM system

·         Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask, andpropensity to handle urgent interrupts with poise, professionalism and a senseof humor

·         Business acumen including a good sense of how a CRM applicationcan be utilized to improve business processes, marketing processes and thebottom line

Qualifications:

·         2+ years experience implementing and configuring Salesforce.com isREQUIRED

Preferences:

·         SQL Server experience strongly preferred

·         Non-Salesforce web development skills strongly preferred 

Opportunity:

Full-time permanent position, with an established Salesforce partner, known for several high-profile SFDC implementations. The role will involve running requirements gathering sessions with clients, architecting solutions and executing (larger projects will involve additional resources). Minimal travel (5%).

Requirements:
* Experience running BPR sessions with key stakeholders
* Architecting SFDC solutions
* Deep hands-on experience customizing SFDC (Apex/coding not required)
* Excellent communication skills and ability to set client expectations
* Must currently live in the Bay Area
* Previous consulting experience a plus.

** Partner is willing to train a senior SFDC Admin on the consulting portion of the business.

Currently scheduling interviews for weeks of 7/13 and 7/20.

Hire On-Demand specializes in staffing companies with experienced Salesforce.com professionals.
  • July 16, 2009

I am looking for salesforce developer with integration experience with other systems. Can you send me your profile at siva.devaki@mansasys.com if interested.

Regards

Siva Devaki

http://www.mansasys.com/salesforce 

Salesforce.com Developer Job Description:

Our client, a leading Hardware Company located in San Jose, CA, is looking for a skilled Salesforce.com Developer to create more functional integrations and improve the efficiency of the tool.  Additionally, the developer will take the lead for ongoing maintenance and support.   

Requirements:

• 2+ years of Salesforce.com development experience
  • 1+ year of integration experience using APEX
  • 1+ year of development experience with Web Services technologies (SOAP, XML, etc.)
  • API development experience for integration
  • 2+ years of Oracle Database experience and SQL (they are on Oracle 8 and 9)
  • 2-3 years of experience with Java or .NET (their B2B application is Java-based)
  • Experience with enterprise integration to Salesforce.com, such as ERP, Order Fulfillment systems is a plus
  • Any exposure to Visual Force would be a plus

Best regards,

Vanessa

Vanessa Shah  TECHNICAL RECRUITER                 
2099 Gateway Place, Suite 700, San Jose, CA 95110

T 408-367-6889        F 408-367-6881

SalesForce.com Administrator/Trainer

Reporting to the CIO, the Salesforce.com Administrator/Trainer is responsible for the day-to-day administration and training in a 50+ user Salesforce.com environment for a rapidly growing franchise company.

Responsibilities:

• Ability to serve as Salesforce.com Administrator for 50+ users
  • Drive adoption of internal programs/initiatives using Salesforce.com
  • Provide initial and reinforcement Salesforce.com training to end users
  • Prepare reports including charts, graphs and dashboards
  • Support users in taking full advantage of SalesForce.com to manage their business processes
  • Look for automation opportunities, process improvements and creative solutions

Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:

• Minimum 1 yr. Salesforce.com administration experience
  • Minimum 1 yr. user training experience
  • Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
  • Ability to multi-task and remain detail-oriented
  • Enthusiasm for a fast-paced and collaborative environment is a must

Send resumes to recruiting@advantaclean.com

Please Note: Because of our ongoing need for staff training and compliance monitoring, we are looking for an onsite employee (as opposed to a consultant or telecommuter).

Message Edited by julianhaley on 07-11-2009 09:50 PM
Message Edited by julianhaley on 07-13-2009 06:42 AM
Hi There ,

Here is my requirement.

Step 1: I need a workflow action to update a field after 3 hours.
Step 2: When that field is updated , I want to check for a condition and if it is true want to create a task.

For step 1 : I created a time trigger to update the field  A  with Value "TEST" after 3 hours and it worked fine.

For step 2: I created an other workflow which checks for the  conditions :   field A equal "TEST"  and status of the record equals "Working"  and it  creates a task .               But this one is not getting fired.

So my question is , Is it even valid what I am doing?  If it is what is that I am doing wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Hi!

Can anyone tell me which table in SFDC stores the Standard and Custom reports Id's, Report Name and Query information.

Thanks,

Is there a recommended way of pre-populating fields on the 'New' form?  For instance, let's say we want to show the user a New Case page where one custom field we've added is default set to a particular string.

I know about a non-recommended, undocumented way of doing it, and I can see that many AppExchange packages also know about this.  (ie, adding CF00012000000abcde=text to the URL)  But we've had some problems with it and would like to find an alternative.

Considered:  'fake' Visual Force New form that emulates the real one, but with the pre-population.  Problem is that, for Case at least, multiple page layouts will exist and this info is not fully exposed by the new Apex metadata classes.

Also considered:  generate a new object programmatically, setting the field in a trigger, and then show the user an edit page for the new record.  Problem is that this means all the assignment rules, triggers, workflow, etc., will run before correct info is available.

Any other ideas?  This is such a common request; there must be a better solution.
I have to calculate the number of days a case has been in a perticular status and if it is a High Priority case then it needs to consider weekends as well and for all other priorities it needs to ignore the weekends and then see how long a case has been in a perticular status.
Has  any one worked on similar situation and is there a way I can see what is the Day ( Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc)  on a perticular date ?

Any help is appricaited.

Thanks

time_cov = 1   

{ t.addYears(time_cov) ;
    system.debug(t);
    }

Any help is appriciated
I need to multiply two numbers , one of them is integer and other is Double.
It is not allowing me to multiply.

I am using the following syntax currently:    time_cov is double

Integer.valueOf(String.valueOf(time_cov ))

It does not error out but is not giving me result.

Is there a better way or any other way.

Thanks
Hi

I am trying to compare two datetime fields, in an Apex class, to get number of  days and hours between the two dates.

e.g if difference is 5 days and 10 hours I need the value returned as  (5.10)

I can not find any function.

Can any one help me with how to comapre two datetime fields.

Thanks

Message Edited by willing on 03-06-2008 01:59 PM

Message Edited by willing on 03-06-2008 02:08 PM

Message Edited by willing on 03-06-2008 02:09 PM
Hi,

I recently decided to upload my beta app, and got the following error:

There are problems that prevent this package from being uploaded.

No testMethods found in the selected Apex code for the package

for one of my Apex triggers.

I have uploaded this package without any problems before, and used the Eclipse
IDE to upload the triggers separately. Has something changed, and how can
I go about fixing it? I can't see a way of removing the triggers from the contents
of the package.

Andy