• 155 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

It seems the query locator object is still limited to 10K rows in standard Apex (not Batch) even though the total SQL query limit is currently 50K.  Is that correct?  If so, it's not documented anywhere.

If I need to add more than 10K rows to a StandardSetController, is there way around this?  Here's my non-working code now:

String qry = 'select Id, Name from EF_Participant__c WHERE Status__c != \'Inactive\' order by Last_Name__c limit 25000';
ApexPages.StandardSetController setConParticipant = new ApexPages.StandardSetController(Database.getQueryLocator(qry));

If I try to instantiate a List instead, then I get an Internal System Error

EF_Participant__c[] x = [select Id, Name from EF_Participant__c WHERE Status__c != 'Inactive' order by Last_Name__c limit 25000];
ApexPages.StandardSetController setConParticipant = new ApexPages.StandardSetController(x);

Hi All,

I'm trying to have a trigger run when I create a new Tickets object.  When you create a Tickets object you define a related Contact object, and I'd like to change the value of a field (ticketsTest__c) of the Contact.

This is all done on the front-end, and only one Tickets obj will ever be created at a time so I didn't use a list.  I'm sure that's bad form, just a heads-up.  I'm trying to select the Contact record where the ID is equal to the related Contact object ID of the newly created Tickets obj.  In my test class I create a Contact and set the value of ticketsTest__c to 'blah', and the system.assert result says that the actual result of the field is still 'blah' rather than 'testPopulated'.  Also, I'm getting a "Save error: unexpected token: 'tixID'".  Can anyone please help?  It would be much appreciated.

Here's the code I've got right now for the trigger:

trigger TicketCreatePopulateContact on Tickets__c (before insert, before update) {

for(Tickets__c ticket: Trigger.New) {

Id tixID = ticket.Contact__c;

Contact s = [select Id, ticketsTest__c from Contact where Id = tixID];

s.ticketsTest__c = 'testPopulated';

update s;

}

}

Now, I am working on a project that fully utilizes email services on force.com.      We decide to push data from SFDC to customer's email adress.  I know that the size limitation of an email attachement is 3M.    The following are my questions:

1. How many attachment can I put into an email?

2. What is the size limitation for the email content (excluding attachements)?

3.  If  each attachment size is up to 3M  and I can attach 5 attachments, and pure email content (excluding attachements) size is up to 4M,   Do it mean that I can compose an email of total size : 19M= 3M*5+4M?

Hi, 

I know that this in not really development or a code related problem but I don't really know where to ask around? So here it goes. 

We are setting up google adwords for salesforce on our client's salesforce org, we were done with supplying the adwords customer ID and have moved on to step 2, wherein we are notified that our request is being processed. However we are currently stuck on this step, it has been almost 20+ hours on our first try without receiving a reply, and on our current try it is now 18 hours and counting and still no response.

Do you guys have any idea on what's gone wrong?

I opened a case with Salesforce 18 days ago to enable the Enforce Validation and Triggers from Lead Convert feature.  They still are not able to find evidence of the feature or how to enable it.  Am I going insane?  Does anyone have a suggestion of what I should tell them to look for, or point me to a screenshot so I can show them what it is supposed to look like?  I have never seen it myself, so maybe I am going insane.

Thanks
David
Prior to Winter '16 the lead conversion page would properly display error messages that contain HTML if you called sObject.addError() with the escape parameter set to false, but this was broken with the new release.  This breaks some of the functionality of one of our products and impacts quite a few of our customers.

I don't see this as an existing known issue, could some look into this and create a known issue and possible ETA for a fix?
  • October 15, 2015
We've tested this in multiple Winter '16 orgs and all fail when attempting to insert a record for a particular custom object.  The object belongs to a managed package we develop (DupeBlocker) and both inserts and upserts fail regardless of the method used.  So far we've tested with the standard UI, a VF page and Apex Code and all fail with an unknown error.  The error from the standard UI new record screen (/<object key>/e) is:

An internal server error has occurred

An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com! 

Error ID: 80356973-33047 (-1924346448)

Repro steps in that org are to go to the new/edit page (https://gs0.salesforce.com/a02/e in this particular org), enter data and click save.  We have another custom object that is very similar that saves without issue.  This also saves without issue in the current SFDC release.

When saving via apex code (creating an object and inserting or upserting it) there is just an unknown exception.  However, if we try to upsert the record via our VF page, it returns an oracle error:

08:37:42.507 (507136905)|EXCEPTION_THROWN|[162]|System.DmlException: Upsert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, An unknown exception has occurred.: []
08:37:42.510 (510281425)|VF_PAGE_MESSAGE|ORA-20070: 
ORA-06512: at "SLEEPY.SCHEMA", line 52
ORA-06512: at "SLEEPY.CAUTONUMBER", line 621
ORA-06512: at "SLEEPY.CAUTONUMBER", line 638
ORA-06512: at "SLEEPY.CAUTONUMBER", line 653
ORA-06512: at "SLEEPY.CAUTONUMBER", line 678
ORA-06512: at "SLEEPY.CCUSTOMENTITYDATATEMPLATE", line 1394
ORA-06512: at line 1

{call cCustomEntityDataTemplate.insert_custentdatas(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}

{call cCustomEntityDataTemplate.insert_custentdatas(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}

I've opened a partner support case, #12543200, but this is a critical issue as this will affect a large number of customers with DupeBlocker installed if it's not resolved before Winter '16 is released.
  • September 23, 2015
I have a package that installs and works fine in Spring '14 orgs, which is now failing with a generic error message in a Summer '14 pre-release org.  I've opened a case on this but thought I'd post it here too in case I get a faster response via the boards.  The case is 10613808 and the error I'm getting is:

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: 617773703-13439 (-48371664)

I've attempted the install multiple times, with the same result.  There is no exception e-mail sent to the package's notification user either.
  • June 01, 2014
I've opened a case for this, 10197829, but wanted to report it here as well in hopes of getting it noticed/resolved faster.  I realize this limit is no longer enforced, but older code that checks to see if the limit has been exceeded is now erroring out due to this issue.  Yes, the code can be fixed but in this case the code is part of a managed package with several major versions in the wild and fixing this would require fixing and pushing updates to almost 30 different major releases.

To reproduce the issue, simply execute this in the developer console:

System.debug( Limits.getScriptStatements() );

You'll see that it both returns 200,000 and the cumulative stats will report that 200,000 of 200,000 script statements have been executed.  See this log:

30.0 APEX_CODE,DEBUG;APEX_PROFILING,FINEST;CALLOUT,ERROR;DB,DEBUG;SYSTEM,DEBUG;VALIDATION,ERROR;VISUALFORCE,ERROR;WORKFLOW,ERROR
Execute Anonymous: System.debug( Limits.getScriptStatements() );
Execute Anonymous: System.debug( Limits.getLimitScriptStatements() );
09:04:43.038 (38268000)|EXECUTION_STARTED
09:04:43.038 (38284000)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|execute_anonymous_apex
09:04:43.038 (38842000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[1]|Limit.getScriptStatements()
09:04:43.038 (38906000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[1]|Limit.getScriptStatements()
09:04:43.038 (38930000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[1]|System.debug(ANY)
09:04:43.038 (38945000)|USER_DEBUG|[1]|DEBUG|200000
09:04:43.038 (38953000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[1]|System.debug(ANY)
09:04:43.038 (38964000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[2]|Limit.getLimitScriptStatements()
09:04:43.038 (38996000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[2]|Limit.getLimitScriptStatements()
09:04:43.039 (39008000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[2]|System.debug(ANY)
09:04:43.039 (39019000)|USER_DEBUG|[2]|DEBUG|200000
09:04:43.039 (39027000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[2]|System.debug(ANY)
09:04:43.129 (39069000)|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE
09:04:43.129|LIMIT_USAGE_FOR_NS|(default)|
  Number of SOQL queries: 0 out of 100
  Number of query rows: 0 out of 50000
  Number of SOSL queries: 0 out of 20
  Number of DML statements: 0 out of 150
  Number of DML rows: 0 out of 10000
  Number of code statements: 200000 out of 200000 ******* CLOSE TO LIMIT
  Maximum CPU time: 0 out of 10000
  Maximum heap size: 0 out of 6000000
  Number of callouts: 0 out of 10
  Number of Email Invocations: 0 out of 10
  Number of fields describes: 0 out of 100
  Number of record type describes: 0 out of 100
  Number of child relationships describes: 0 out of 100
  Number of picklist describes: 0 out of 100
  Number of future calls: 0 out of 10
  • February 08, 2014

I'm attempting to install a new release of a managed package in a production org and the install is failing with the following error:

Error Message: The post install script failed.

I should also be receiving an exception e-mail sent to the "Notify on Apex Error" user for the managed package as configured in the source org.  However, I'm not receiving that e-mail.  The apex user is active and has a valid e-mail address and I do get other apex exception e-mails to that address but the post-install exceptions aren't being sent apparently.  I've verified these aren't being caught as spam as well.

Anything else I'm missing?

Thanks,

• June 26, 2013

I've opened a case on this issue, 09344729, but thought I would post it here as well.  Basically if your managed package contains a profile and you use patches, the patch org now sees those profiles as new components even when they are not and won't allow you to upload a new release.  This is a major problem for us as we need to put out a new release ASAP to switch to the new addError() call that prevents HTML escaping that can be forced on older packages with the related critical update released with Summer '13.

Thanks,

• June 10, 2013

It appears there's a new bug in Winter '13 where Salesforce.com is automatically trying to convert text fields on sobjects to IDs if the string is 18 characters when using the sObject.get() method.  For example, this code will throw an exception about an invalid ID:

SObject contact1 = new Contact( FirstName = 'Test', LastName = 'Tester', Phone = '000000000000000000' );

System.debug( contact1.get( 'phone' ) == '000000000000000000' );

Exception thrown: System.UnexpectedException: Invalid parameter value "000000000000000000" for parameter "id".

I've opened a case for this already but I'm posting it here as well as the board sometimes gets a quicker response.  The case number is 08285129.  This bug is causing exceptions with some our large customers preventing them from modifying their data in some cases.

Thanks,

• October 22, 2012

I'm getting a null pointer exception on a simple if check of a boolean variable. Here is the simplified version of the code that generates the exception: 

Boolean boolVar = false; 
if ( boolVar ) 
doSomething(); 

If I modify that and change "if ( boolVar )" to "if ( boolVar == true )" the null pointer exception goes away.  This appears to be a bug in apex code. I can't reproduce this outside of my developer org or even with a simplified example in that org though.  Here are one of the error messages I'm receiving: 

----------------------------- 
System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a078000000KSAKhAAP; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, CRMfusionDBR101.DB_Scenario_Key_BIU: execution of BeforeUpdate 

caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object 

Class.CRMfusionDBR101.DB_Scenario.ProcessScenarioLinkUpdates: line 1405, column 1 
Trigger.CRMfusionDBR101.DB_Scenario_Key_BIU: line 17, column 1: [] 
------------------------- 

The line of code this points to is a line that just contains "else", nothing else. 

However, if I change line 1507 in that file from: 

if ( rowChanged ) 

to: 

if ( rowChanged == true ) 

This error, and several others in my unit tests (some pointing to different lines) disappears. I can change back and forth to reproduce that issue. As far as apex code is concerned, both of those statements should be evaluated exactly the same. Even if the rowChanged variable was null it would still evaluate to false in an if check, not generate an exception. 

Other exceptions in the unit tests, caused by this (again, all disappear with the simple change above):

Class.CRMfusionDBR101.DB_Scenario.ProcessScenarioLinkUpdates: line 1405, column 1

caused by: System.ListException: List index out of bounds: 1

Class.CRMfusionDBR101.DB_Scenario.ProcessScenarioLinkUpdates: line 1559, column 1

System.ListException: List index out of bounds: 1

Stack Trace

Class.CRMfusionDBR101.DB_Scenario.updateScenarioLinks: line 1327, column 1

caused by: System.StringException: Invalid regex: Unclosed group near index 4
(\A

^

Class.CRMfusionDBR101.DB_Scenario.ProcessScenarioLinkUpdates: line 1452, column 1

Class.CRMfusionDBR101.DB_BuildKeyUpdates.buildKeyUpdates: line 342, column 1

Thanks,

• August 22, 2012

We get lots of questions on code coverage and deployment and how those are impacted by managed packages (and managed package unit test failures).  I was hoping that someone at SFDC could confirm/explain that managed packages are not considered as part of your code coverage percentage for deployment or on the Apex Classes page (where you click the code coverage link to calculate your org's coverage) and that managed package unit test failures will not prevent customer code from deploying to production (unless they've explicitly added the runAllTests="true" option in ant deployment).

I'd like to have a good authoritative response from an internal SFDC development resource to send to customers as they quite frequently get different answers on this issue when asking SFDC support.  I'm not looking for a huge response, just a basic explanation and confirmation that managed packages are no longer part of the equation when it comes to customer code.

Here are some resources I've found that give a brief mention that managed packages are not considered when calculating code coverage:

http://na5.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/code_run_tests.htm

Note this statement:

75% of your Apex code must be covered by unit tests, and all of those tests must complete successfully.

Note the following:

• When deploying to a production organization, every unit test in your organization namespace is executed.
  • Calls to System.debug are not counted as part of Apex code coverage.
  • Test methods and test classes are not counted as part of Apex code coverage.
  • While only 75% of your Apex code must be covered by tests, your focus shouldn't be on the percentage of code that is covered. Instead, you should make sure that every use case of your application is covered, including positive and negative cases, as well as bulk and single record. This should lead to 75% or more of your code being covered by unit tests.

My comment: Your organization namespace doesn't include managed packages as each managed package has it's own namespace.

Also: https://na5.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/code_manage_packages.htm

Specifically this note near the bottom:

The code coverage value computed by Calculate your organization's code coverage might differ from the code coverage value computed after running all unit tests using Run All Tests. This is becauseCalculate your organization's code coverage excludes classes that are part of installed managed packages while Run All Tests doesn't.

Thanks,

• July 10, 2012

If you execute two javascript remoting calls in the same Javascript batch, those calls get lumped together as a single request and share an Apex context and governor limits.  For example:

function doSomething()
{
    controller.remoteCall1();
    controller.remoteCall2();
}

Doing that will result in one remoting request instead of two.  This is especially problematic if one of those two calls is a call to a method marked as @ReadOnly and the other is not.  Is there a good way to get around this behavior?  Are calls only batched if they're executed within the same Javascript context/event or is there a peroid of time within which all calls are automatically batched?

I have had some success using setTimeout() to execute each call in it's own context, but I want to make sure this is a valid way to handle this.  Are there lmiits to the number of javascript remoting requests that can be made in parallel?

Thanks,

• January 27, 2012

I'm using the AJAX toolkit to execute apex web services using the sforce.apex.execute() call and I'm having a problem with the exceptions being returned.  All the exceptions returned have a fault code of "soapenv:Client" instead of the SFDC fault code.  Here's the relevant portion of the response that's being returned as reported by Firebug:

<faultcode>soapenv:Client</faultcode>

I'm converting an app that was written in Flex using the Flex toolkit, which uses a similar call, and the flex toolkit is getting the actual SFDC fault codes returned, for example: sf:invalid_type, sf:insufficient_access, sf:invalid_session_id, sf:too_many_apex_requests etc...

Is this a known issue?  I haven't verified all those error cases but I know I'm getting the "soapenv:Client" faultcode for row locking errors and duplicate value errors.

• January 27, 2012

I'm trying to update our AppExchange listing with a new listing to fix some issues caused by the recent release of Adobe Flash 11 and when I log in as my developer/publisher user my listing shows up as normal but none of my uploaded packages are showing up.  If I edit the listing and change the included packages I can add the newly uploaded package, but I can't set the listing to use that package as it requires a security review.  When I click save it prompts me to perform a security review of that package and if I attempt to via the provided link, an error is displayed stating the package can't be found or does not exist.

I have opened a case in the partner portal for this issue, but was hoping to get a quicker response here.  Case number 06366369.

Thanks,

• October 07, 2011

I seem to recall reading somewhere that batch apex will retry failed batches a certain number of times.  Does anyone know  where I can find more information on this?

In this particular case, a batch job consisting of ~7000 batches had 16 batches fail but the job was marked as completed successfully.  Does this mean the batches failed and retried successfully or did those 16 batches just fail and the process continued on without retrying them?

Thanks,

• February 17, 2011

The discussion boards drop-down menu at the top of the site still takes you to the old board URLs, which will prompt you to log in, then you're redirected to boards.developerforce.com.  Once you log in, if you attempt to use that menu again, it will take you back to the old URL again where you'll be logged out.  Subscription update e-mails also point to the old URL.

I wasn't sure where else to post this and there didn't seem to be any good options for case category for opening a support case.

Thanks,

• October 04, 2010

I've had this discussion in the past with a few people at Salesforce.com and at the time there was no resolution to this issue.  If you're publishing a managed application that includes triggers on standard objects, how can your unit tests account for or bypass the customer's custom validation rules?

For example, if I have a trigger on the account object and my unit test inserts a new account to get the required test coverage, how do I allow for a customer who has a custom required field or a validation rule on a specific field that can't be known about during creation of the managed package?  Currently this would cause the unit test to fail.

Failed unit tests can be ignored for installation of managed packages, but they can't be ignored when a customer is deploying code from a sandbox/DE org to a production org or when migrating change sets from sandbox to production in an org with a managed package already installed that has failing unit tests. 

Thanks, 

• March 03, 2010

According to the documentation you should be able to create a map of Id or String to SObject from a list of sObjects and Database.query() returns a list of sObjects.   However, the following code will not compile/execute:

Map<Id, sObject> accounts = new Map<Id, sObject>( Database.query( 'SELECT Id FROM Account LIMIT 5' ) );

Also, map.putAll() should work similarly but gives the same error message.   Example of broken code:

Map<Id, sObject> accounts = new Map<Id, sObject>();
accounts.putAll( Database.query( 'SELECT Id FROM Account LIMIT 5' ) );

It looks like the map constructor and putall are expecting a list of explicit object types, not generic sObjects.  According to the documentation, a generic sObject list should work.

See the definition of Map.putAll() here:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_methods_system_map.htm

It states:

If the map is of IDs or Strings to sObjects, adds the list of sObject records l to the map in the same way as the Map constructor with this input.

Actually, with further testing it doesn't appear that I can get putAll() to work at all on a map of Id to sObject whether the input is a list of explicit types (say List<Account> ) or a list of sObjects.

• February 11, 2010

For example, search for License or LMA, which should return the License Management App, among other results.  Currently it returns nothing.

Also, if you browse directly to a category (Analytics for instance) you may or may not see a partial listing of apps for that category or no apps at all.  Hitting refresh repeatedly will give you different results.  Also, clicking on the category name will gives you different results as well.

Thanks,

Message Edited by EJW on 02-16-2009 02:54 PM
  • February 16, 2009
I'm running into an issue with some of our Apex triggers on standard objects getting a System.StatusCode.INVALID_PARTNER_NETWORK_STATUS error when attempting to update a custom object when the trigger is fired by the partner network user caused by a S2S insert/update in a partner org.

Unfortunately this is extremely difficult to debug as there doesn't appear to be a way to enable debug logging for the partner user that's executing the insert/update in the subscribing org as it's a hidden system user. However, I've managed to create a relatively simple sample scenario to reproduce this problem.

1) Setup a Salesforce to Salesforce relationship between two orgs.
2) Publish and subscribe to leads in both orgs.
3) Create a custom object called 'Test' with a text name field in one org.
4) Create a new 'Test' object and name it whatever you like, note the ID for use in the trigger below.
5) Create a trigger on the lead object (based on the code below, change the ID and e-mail address) in the same org as the Test object.
6) In the org without the trigger, forward a lead to the org with the trigger, which should then fire the test trigger and generate the error e-mail.

Sample trigger:

Code:
trigger LeadS2STest on Lead ( before insert, before update )
{
    try
    {
        update new Test__c( id = '<put ID of Test object here>', Name = 'New Name' );
    }
    catch ( Exception ex )
    {
        String messageBody = '*** Trigger: LeadS2STest ' + ( Trigger.isBefore — 'before' : 'after' ) +
            ( Trigger.isUpdate – ' update ' : '' ) + ( Trigger.isInsert ˜ ' insert ' : '' ) +
            ( Trigger.isDelete ™ ' delete ' : '' ) + '\r\n' +
            '*** Trigger.new size: ' + ( Trigger.new != null ? Trigger.new.size() : 0 ) + '\r\n' +
            '*** Trigger.old size: ' + ( Trigger.old != null ? Trigger.old.size() : 0 ) + '\r\n' +
            '*** Exception Type: ' + ex.getTypeName() + '\r\n' +
            '*** Exception Cause: ' + ex.getCause() + '\r\n' +
            '*** Exception Message: ' + ex.getMessage() + '\r\n\r\n';
        Messaging.SingleEmailMessage message = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
        message.setToAddresses( new String[] { '<your e-mail address>' } ); 
        message.setSaveAsActivity( false );
        message.setSubject( 'LeadS2STest Trigger Error' );
        message.setUseSignature( false );
        message.setPlainTextBody( messageBody );
        // Send our message.
        Messaging.sendEmail( new Messaging.Email[] { message } );
    }
}

Anyone run into this issue or anything similar with S2S before?  Any tips on working around it?

Thanks,

• January 05, 2009
We have a release version of a managed package I'm working with and the Force.com IDE is unable to save changes to s-Controls in that package.  The problem appears to be that it's attempting to save both the s-Control and it's meta-data at the same time, though the meta-data hasn't changed.  SFDC blocks the save thinking (incorrectly) that I'm attempting to change protected properties of the managed s-Control.

Due to this issue I have to edit the s-Control via the web interface and then refresh it in Eclipse.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Is SFDC aware of it?

Message Edited by EJW on 06-12-2008 03:52 PM
  • June 12, 2008
VF pages are going GA in Summer '08 but will they be packagable?  I'm in the EAP and currently they're not packagable in the EAP environment.  If not, is this scheduled for the winter release?

Thanks,
  • May 09, 2008
Prior to Winter '16 the lead conversion page would properly display error messages that contain HTML if you called sObject.addError() with the escape parameter set to false, but this was broken with the new release.  This breaks some of the functionality of one of our products and impacts quite a few of our customers.

I don't see this as an existing known issue, could some look into this and create a known issue and possible ETA for a fix?
  • October 15, 2015
Hello,

I have a deployed package used by a number of customers.  This package has been working fine for many months.  I have not made any changes to it but on Saturday 5th February around the time that one of the Spring '22 releases took place a number of customer's apps started to throw errors: "Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation".  As mentioned I have not released a new package, this is not occurring when deploying but in production operation.  It seems a bit more than coincidence that this coincided with the new Spring '22 release. Is it expected that a new SF release would potentially have this impact?  

Thanks for you help.

Mark

• October 15, 2015
Hi, I tried to report this bug to salesforce, but was redirected here.
This is very likely internal salesforce issue.
When you try to do any operation with integer received from lightning component (@AuraEnabled), you got 
FATAL_ERROR|Internal Salesforce.com Error

public with sharing class TestController2 {
    @AuraEnabled
    public static integer getTestResult(integer pageNumber) {
        return pageNumber + 1;
    }
}

Full log included:
34.0 APEX_CODE,DEBUG;APEX_PROFILING,INFO;CALLOUT,INFO;DB,INFO;SYSTEM,DEBUG;VALIDATION,INFO;VISUALFORCE,INFO;WORKFLOW,INFO
23:30:39.143 (143052245)|EXECUTION_STARTED
23:30:39.143 (143081946)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|01pU0000001YzfB|TestController2.getTestResult
23:30:39.143 (143501666)|METHOD_ENTRY|[1]|01pU0000001YzfB|TestController2.TestController2()
23:30:39.143 (143599706)|SYSTEM_MODE_ENTER|false
23:30:39.143 (143634027)|SYSTEM_MODE_EXIT|false
23:30:39.143 (143644512)|METHOD_EXIT|[1]|TestController2
23:30:39.144 (144047168)|FATAL_ERROR|Internal Salesforce.com Error
23:30:39.144 (144066440)|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE
23:30:39.144 (144066440)|LIMIT_USAGE_FOR_NS|(default)|
  Number of callouts: 0 out of 100
  Number of future calls: 0 out of 50
  Number of queueable jobs added to the queue: 0 out of 50
  Number of Mobile Apex push calls: 0 out of 10

23:30:39.144 (144066440)|LIMIT_USAGE_FOR_NS|Vendavo|

23:30:39.144 (144066440)|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE_END

23:30:39.144 (144134140)|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|TestController2.getTestResult
23:30:39.147 (147174875)|EXECUTION_FINISHED

Note that system.debug('pageNumber: ' + pageNumber); works. But all other integer operations fail.
Please advise how to circumvent this issue.
We've tested this in multiple Winter '16 orgs and all fail when attempting to insert a record for a particular custom object.  The object belongs to a managed package we develop (DupeBlocker) and both inserts and upserts fail regardless of the method used.  So far we've tested with the standard UI, a VF page and Apex Code and all fail with an unknown error.  The error from the standard UI new record screen (/<object key>/e) is:

An internal server error has occurred

An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com! 

Error ID: 80356973-33047 (-1924346448)

Repro steps in that org are to go to the new/edit page (https://gs0.salesforce.com/a02/e in this particular org), enter data and click save.  We have another custom object that is very similar that saves without issue.  This also saves without issue in the current SFDC release.

When saving via apex code (creating an object and inserting or upserting it) there is just an unknown exception.  However, if we try to upsert the record via our VF page, it returns an oracle error:

08:37:42.507 (507136905)|EXCEPTION_THROWN|[162]|System.DmlException: Upsert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, An unknown exception has occurred.: []
08:37:42.510 (510281425)|VF_PAGE_MESSAGE|ORA-20070: 
ORA-06512: at "SLEEPY.SCHEMA", line 52
ORA-06512: at "SLEEPY.CAUTONUMBER", line 621
ORA-06512: at "SLEEPY.CAUTONUMBER", line 638
ORA-06512: at "SLEEPY.CAUTONUMBER", line 653
ORA-06512: at "SLEEPY.CAUTONUMBER", line 678
ORA-06512: at "SLEEPY.CCUSTOMENTITYDATATEMPLATE", line 1394
ORA-06512: at line 1

I've opened a partner support case, #12543200, but this is a critical issue as this will affect a large number of customers with DupeBlocker installed if it's not resolved before Winter '16 is released.
  • September 23, 2015
I have a package that installs and works fine in Spring '14 orgs, which is now failing with a generic error message in a Summer '14 pre-release org.  I've opened a case on this but thought I'd post it here too in case I get a faster response via the boards.  The case is 10613808 and the error I'm getting is:

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: 617773703-13439 (-48371664)

I've attempted the install multiple times, with the same result.  There is no exception e-mail sent to the package's notification user either.
  • June 01, 2014
I've opened a case for this, 10197829, but wanted to report it here as well in hopes of getting it noticed/resolved faster.  I realize this limit is no longer enforced, but older code that checks to see if the limit has been exceeded is now erroring out due to this issue.  Yes, the code can be fixed but in this case the code is part of a managed package with several major versions in the wild and fixing this would require fixing and pushing updates to almost 30 different major releases.

To reproduce the issue, simply execute this in the developer console:

System.debug( Limits.getScriptStatements() );

You'll see that it both returns 200,000 and the cumulative stats will report that 200,000 of 200,000 script statements have been executed.  See this log:

30.0 APEX_CODE,DEBUG;APEX_PROFILING,FINEST;CALLOUT,ERROR;DB,DEBUG;SYSTEM,DEBUG;VALIDATION,ERROR;VISUALFORCE,ERROR;WORKFLOW,ERROR
Execute Anonymous: System.debug( Limits.getScriptStatements() );
Execute Anonymous: System.debug( Limits.getLimitScriptStatements() );
09:04:43.038 (38268000)|EXECUTION_STARTED
09:04:43.038 (38284000)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|execute_anonymous_apex
09:04:43.038 (38842000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[1]|Limit.getScriptStatements()
09:04:43.038 (38906000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[1]|Limit.getScriptStatements()
09:04:43.038 (38930000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[1]|System.debug(ANY)
09:04:43.038 (38945000)|USER_DEBUG|[1]|DEBUG|200000
09:04:43.038 (38953000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[1]|System.debug(ANY)
09:04:43.038 (38964000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[2]|Limit.getLimitScriptStatements()
09:04:43.038 (38996000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[2]|Limit.getLimitScriptStatements()
09:04:43.039 (39008000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[2]|System.debug(ANY)
09:04:43.039 (39019000)|USER_DEBUG|[2]|DEBUG|200000
09:04:43.039 (39027000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[2]|System.debug(ANY)
09:04:43.129 (39069000)|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE
09:04:43.129|LIMIT_USAGE_FOR_NS|(default)|
  Number of code statements: 200000 out of 200000 ******* CLOSE TO LIMIT
  Number of callouts: 0 out of 10
  Number of fields describes: 0 out of 100
  Number of record type describes: 0 out of 100
  Number of child relationships describes: 0 out of 100
  Number of picklist describes: 0 out of 100
  Number of future calls: 0 out of 10
  • February 08, 2014

I'm peridically getting errors in our sandbox (Winter '14) when running tests - Could not run tests on class [class Id].  If I attempt to re-run, it generally works, but one is consistently failing now.

There doesn't appear to be any errors with the class itself - any ideas?

As a side note, anyone know why the estimated code coverage is no longer visible when viewing the list of classes (Setup > Apex Classes)? 

According to the documentation you should be able to create a map of Id or String to SObject from a list of sObjects and Database.query() returns a list of sObjects.   However, the following code will not compile/execute:

Map<Id, sObject> accounts = new Map<Id, sObject>( Database.query( 'SELECT Id FROM Account LIMIT 5' ) );

Also, map.putAll() should work similarly but gives the same error message.   Example of broken code:

Map<Id, sObject> accounts = new Map<Id, sObject>();
accounts.putAll( Database.query( 'SELECT Id FROM Account LIMIT 5' ) );

It looks like the map constructor and putall are expecting a list of explicit object types, not generic sObjects.  According to the documentation, a generic sObject list should work.

See the definition of Map.putAll() here:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_methods_system_map.htm

It states:

If the map is of IDs or Strings to sObjects, adds the list of sObject records l to the map in the same way as the Map constructor with this input.

Actually, with further testing it doesn't appear that I can get putAll() to work at all on a map of Id to sObject whether the input is a list of explicit types (say List<Account> ) or a list of sObjects.

• February 11, 2010
Hi, I tried to report this bug to salesforce, but was redirected here.
This is very likely internal salesforce issue.
When you try to do any operation with integer received from lightning component (@AuraEnabled), you got 
FATAL_ERROR|Internal Salesforce.com Error

public with sharing class TestController2 {
    @AuraEnabled
    public static integer getTestResult(integer pageNumber) {
        return pageNumber + 1;
    }
}

Full log included:
34.0 APEX_CODE,DEBUG;APEX_PROFILING,INFO;CALLOUT,INFO;DB,INFO;SYSTEM,DEBUG;VALIDATION,INFO;VISUALFORCE,INFO;WORKFLOW,INFO
23:30:39.143 (143052245)|EXECUTION_STARTED
23:30:39.143 (143081946)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|01pU0000001YzfB|TestController2.getTestResult
23:30:39.143 (143501666)|METHOD_ENTRY|[1]|01pU0000001YzfB|TestController2.TestController2()
23:30:39.143 (143599706)|SYSTEM_MODE_ENTER|false
23:30:39.143 (143634027)|SYSTEM_MODE_EXIT|false
23:30:39.143 (143644512)|METHOD_EXIT|[1]|TestController2
23:30:39.144 (144047168)|FATAL_ERROR|Internal Salesforce.com Error
23:30:39.144 (144066440)|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE
23:30:39.144 (144066440)|LIMIT_USAGE_FOR_NS|(default)|

23:30:39.144 (144066440)|LIMIT_USAGE_FOR_NS|Vendavo|

23:30:39.144 (144066440)|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE_END

23:30:39.144 (144134140)|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|TestController2.getTestResult
23:30:39.147 (147174875)|EXECUTION_FINISHED

Note that system.debug('pageNumber: ' + pageNumber); works. But all other integer operations fail.
Please advise how to circumvent this issue.