• 150 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have two objects, Coat & Coat Line Item. These two objects having master-details relation ship

1) Coat is Master object

2) Coat Line Item is detail object.

Coat object is having one field "status". If status = "Approved" the records in the related list recors can not be deleted.

Let say "Sample" is record in "Coat object" and it is having 100 records in the "Coat Line Item" (Detail object) related list.

If the "Sample" record, Status="Approved". If any one deleting any record from the related list, does not allow to delete the record of the related list.

How to achieve this functionality? In how many ways we can achieve this functionality?

I hope by using triggers we can do. But am not sure.

Please give your ideas how to achieve this functionlity either by using coding & configuration (Both the ways)

• February 27, 2013

Hi,

up to what extent can we create users in enterprise edition and as well as unlimited editions.

• February 21, 2013

Customer Portal URL Issue after logged in, copy the URL and paste it some other browser, it will redirect to Salesforce Login screen, instead of the Customer Portal Login Screen

Step 1:
Open Firefox
My Login Portal URL : https://ap1.salesforce.com/secur/login_portal.jsp?orgId=00D90000000KfQ4&portalId=060900000000mMw
logged in using my creditials and successfully logged in also and its landing now below URL
https://ap1.salesforce.com/home/home.jsp

Step 2:
Copy it "https://ap1.salesforce.com/home/home.jsp" Successfully logged in URL and Paste it IE/Chrome browser and enter

Step 3:
now page is redirect to Salesforce Login screen
https://login.salesforce.com/?ec=302&startURL=%2Fhome%2Fhome.jsp
instead of the Customer Portal Login Screen (https://ap1.salesforce.com/secur/login_portal.jsp?orgId=00D90000000KfQ4&portalId=060900000000mMw)

here i want to redirect Customer Portal Login Screen. its possible?
Please let me know your thoughts.

I am familiar with Reports & Dashboard, however was just doing this Trailhead: https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/project/quickstart-reports/quickstart-reports-3

While validating I got this error, any idea?
Step not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: WRAJWZMR 
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps.

@Salesforce Admins

In the new login page - length of user name field is very short - consulting / development people who use so many logins has problem to identify the user name.

I used to have all my user names remembered by browser, it is differentiated by some diff suffix - right now cannot able to see the user name suffix with the provided length of the user name field.

Anybody felt the same..

How can we find whether particular SF user is online now? kind of need to assign a case to queue further automatically assign that same case to a specific user currently online from that queue? Any idea?

How to update CNAME to implement custom domain for site pages

I do have site page named mysite.na1.force.com

I do have registered domain uisng godaddy as mycompany.com

I have created sub domain and setup forward to mysite.ca1.force.com

When I launch browser with subdomain.mycompany.com it takes me to mysite.na1.force.com(URL visivle in browser)

I dont want end customer seeing force.com url - how to make that happen. any idea?

Here I am missing somethign with CNAME but not sure what exactly to do !!!

Thanks

What are the options to implement customized login page for standard salesforce.com application users (not customer/partner portal users)?

---

Using My Domain, you can define a custom Salesforce domain name for your organization that highlights your brand, or a different term that represents your business. Using a custom domain name provides important advantages, such as increased security and better support for single sign-on. My Domain is also available for sandbox environments. You can only define a custom domain name one time.

------

This is from Salesforce.com Help & Training - would like to know more about the advantages advantages mentioned INCREASED security and BETTER SUPPORT for SSO.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Any of you have attempted to redesign the email functionality what Salesforce.com provides for any reason, the reason can be anything may because of user complaints or to add some more additional features as like below.

-          Cannot send email to Public group or queue members

-          Cannot create Distribution list

-          Cannot Save as draft

-          While Reply / Forward – add attachments to email directly from Case record (without download) etc 

In anybody using Email to Case Agent (not on demand) – we are planning to move from on demand E2C to E2C Agent, for the reason we cannot receive more than 10 MB email attachments through On demand E2C.

Any thoughts/reason not to go for Email to Case Agent?

In our SFDC instance, we have multiple System Administrator is there and multiple project is going on at same time.

at high level I want to see what are changes going on in the system directly from SFDC. 

I know "View Setup Audit Trail" but i feel it is not that user friendly, there is any other way or App available to monitor the same what audit tral provides?

Can we bring Opportunity schedules start date and end date and duration between start date and end date in opportunity product level?

These data need to be reported out for each opportunity product.
Say example – opportunity schedule has 10 schedule records (monthly) starting 1/1/2010 and ending on 10/1/2010.
I need Schedule start date (1/1/2010) and Schedule end date (10/1/2010) in opportunity product level.

Any thought?

Can you import queue members using data loader? If yes - what is the object name.

Thanks..

Hi.,
Is there any possibility to automatically generate mail merge document once opportunity is created.
I need to attach the generated mail merge document to opportunities – attachment related list as well.

Thanks

How can we find find the week number of the given date.

Thanks.

Hi,

Do you know how seach functionality works in event attendee screen (Create new event - click on add invitees --> search within)

It does not working like side bar search, I want make this search ->> to search contacts other than "Contact Name" also  (e.g custom fields, ie I have 'language spoken' field in contacs, like to add all contacts who has "German" in 'Language spoken' -- If we are able to create custom list views the problemis solved by we cannot!!!)

Is it possible.

Thanks

Experts,

Can you suggest me different and possible integration options between AS 400 and Salesforce.com

Thanks

Can we able to count page Number based on <apex:repeat> tag.

Say example, visual force generates PDF from list button where 2 records are selected and click a custom button then as a result PDF generated with totally 5 pages. With help of apex repeat tag, for the first record generates 3 pages and second record generates next 2 pages in a single file.

We need to count a page number in a PDF doc as Page 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3 and then again 1 of 2 and 2 of 2.

Is it possible? Any suggestions are highly appreciated. I am using below code to display page number, it is counting from 1 to 5.

<HEAD> <style type="text/css"> @page { @bottom-center{ content: "Page " counter(page) " of " counter(pages); } } } </style> </HEAD>

Can we count page Number based on <apex:repeat> tag.

Say example visual force generates PDF from list button where 2 records are selected and result page is totally 5.
With help apex repeat tag, for the first record 3 pages and second record it is next 2 pages generated in a single file.
I want count a page number in a PDF doc as Page 1 of 3, 2 0f 3, 3 0f 3 and then again 1 of 2 and 2 of 2.

Is it possible? I am using below code to display page number it is counting from 1 to 5.

<HEAD> <style type="text/css"> @page { @bottom-center{ content: "Page " counter(page) " of " counter(pages); } } } </style> </HEAD>

Hi.,
I want to place a custom button in custom object list view. I don’t want user to click this button from any other list view other than desired one.
There is no option to make list button visible only in desired list view, it will be there in all list view.
Finally I desired to throw a message to user, when they click that list button other than desired list view.
Here I need to check the List View Name, how can we get the list view name in Visual force page / extension apex class.
Where all list view names are stored, is that object / table is accessible / can we query that object in apex class.
E.g:
List View Name A, I want to place custom button A here.
User should not have access to button A in list View B, C and etc(We cannot make it this happen in standard list view) hence user clicks button A from List view B or C.
I want to throw message to user.
Note: PDF page will be render to me when I click on custom button A.

Hi.,

Have created MS word doc using Visual force (similar to standard Mail merge functionality).

Main Key is here,

<apex:page standardController="Order__c" recordSetVar="Order" showHeader="false" contentType="application/msword" extensions="Date_Update_ACL" action="{!update_date}">

The reason to move to custom functionality instead of using mail merge in Activity History, we need to generate mail merge doc for more than one record, upon generating the doc we need to update some fields in that record.

Here the problem is, our visual force page generate the MS Word doc in Fire Fox browser but not working in internet explorer.

I dont understand the reason, have you faced this kind of issue, any workaround for this? 

Any help appreciated.

Note: PDF can be generated easily but we need to generate in MS word

There is any possible way to auto update contact fields when we send mass email to contacts using mass email functionality.
Example: Contact field “Magazine sent” (check box) to be set TRUE when we send mass email to contacts.
Is any possibility to control this using template name or any other field attributes?

We are using web-to-case to gather request / cases from our corporate web site. We would like to allow our customers to upload a file (supporting docs) while they submitting the web form in our site.

I know that Web to Case not support this straight away one as of now, But what are all the work around to implant this requirement.  How can we achieve this? Please share your views. Thanks.

Hi
User-added image
I am 100% certain to have completed all the steps correctly. Any idea?
Hi all, Can somebody tell me on how to integrate Salesforce with NetSuite.We have decided to go either with Dell Boomi or Jitterbit. I am new to this integration approach and have no clue on how to get this started. Are there any written approach on the installation, migrating data to and fro? 

Can you also suggest what was the better tool based on your experience either with Boomi or Jitterbit? 

Thanks a lot :) 
I have some assumptions for this trail that I’m hoping will lead to the right answer. However, after going over the instructions a number of times, I can’t verify that these are correct.

Record Types

I’m assuming that I need to create record types for cases and opportunities. I’m planning to name the record types for cases:

“Reported by a customer”
“Reported by an expedition leader”

I’m assuming that the check doesn’t care what these are called or the case of the characters.

For opportunities, I’m planning:

“Individual Opportunity”

I’m assuming that the data I need to upload will be “Individual_Opportunity” to match what will be the actual name of the type, not it’s label. I already have an “Individual Opportunity” sales process that I plan to tie this to.

User Profiles

I’m assuming I need to create new user profiles because the instructions say: “Enable this navigation for the sales, service, and fulfillment profiles (expedition leaders and fulfillment team members), system administrators, the custom support profile, and custom sales profile.” I see the following user profiles that match three of these:

Custom: Sales Profile
Custom: Support Profile
System Administrator

I believe these match the last three listed in the instructions, but I don’t see anything for the first three. It’s possible “Custom: Sales Profile” matches “sales” and “Custom: Support Profile” matches “service”, but that doesn’t seem likely. So, I’m planning to use the three I believe match plus these three new ones:

Sales
Service
Fulfillment

Presumably, expedition leaders and fulfillment team members will be assigned the Fulfillment profile. I’m not sure who will be assigned the other five profiles, although “System Administrator” doesn’t need to map into any of the business roles in Relaxation Gauntlet.

Opportunity Products

I’m using Data Loader to load data. It does not see any Opportunity Products table. Instead, it finds “Adventure Package (OpportunityLineItem)”. I’m assuming that the internal name for the Opportunity Products table is “OpportunityLineItem”. And, it thinks “Adventures” is “Product2”, so I’m guessing that the standard table is really named “Product2” rather than “Product”.

Explorers = Contacts

The entity diagram in the instructions does not directly relate the opportunity object to the explorer object (contacts). The explorer object is related to the Adventure Package (Opportunity Products/OpportunityLineItem) and to the fulfillment object. Challenge #8 says, “Import legacy data for opportunities, explorers, adventures, opportunity contact roles, and adventure packages.”

No opportunity contact roles are assigned in the source data for the import. There’s no instruction what to call the role. So, I’m assuming that I can create Opportunity Contact Role records with the ROLE field set to whatever I want (let’s say, “Explorer”) and fill the other fields with some appropriate data (like setting ISDELETED to False), and the check won’t care what I call it.

The instructions don’t say here to create the fulfillment records, so I’m assuming that the check won’t care that this data is missing. I’m also assuming that even though the source data doesn’t have any tab for the opportunity product (Adventure Package) records, I can make this up from the data on the “Opps w Adventure + Explorer” tab data.

Does anyone know if any of these assumptions are incorrect before I load up the data and go on?

Thanks!

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I am get this error: "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Opp Stage by Adventure' report does not appear to be configured correctly. Make sure it has the correct report type, groupings, filters and chart type".

I believe i configured the report according to the instructions but it is still showing and error. Any assistance or insight would be apreciated. 
Has anyone completed this trail? I am stomped on challenge number 3, regarding created the process for fulfillment. Any pointers or guidance would be appreciated.

I am familiar with Reports & Dashboard, however was just doing this Trailhead: https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/project/quickstart-reports/quickstart-reports-3

While validating I got this error, any idea?
Step not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: WRAJWZMR 
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps.
Hi all, 
I'm a newby in Salesforce so I decided to start learning with the Trailhead. 
I have completed all the challanghes related to the "Getting Started with the Force.com Platform". 
This morning I started with the part 2: "Intro to Visual App Development". 

The fist challenge for Workflow Atuomation is about "Automated Process with Workflow". 
I did the challenge but I receive a failure even if It should seems to run correctly in my Develper Edition Platform. 
Tha error massage received by the check challange button is "Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: Case escalation failed to assign a task to the owner."

I say that all seems to work fine because I edited e case, set up the Priority to High and: 
1) The Escaleted flag was set automatically to true as per the rule action defined
2) I receive a notification about escalation on that case (because I'm the owner of the case as per the task definition field)
3) An activity under the case was automatically created and assigne to me. 

As anyone tha same problem?
Any help would be much appreciated. 
Thank's in advance,
Alvaro. 

@Salesforce Admins

In the new login page - length of user name field is very short - consulting / development people who use so many logins has problem to identify the user name.

I used to have all my user names remembered by browser, it is differentiated by some diff suffix - right now cannot able to see the user name suffix with the provided length of the user name field.

Anybody felt the same..

I wanted to replace the Opportunity Related List in my Account Page Layout because I only wanted to show specific opportunity record types.  I was able to create the page and display correctly, however,there are a couple more things I want to do.

1. I want to add the shortcut link at the top of the account page

2. I want to add the "show more" link at the bottom of my visualforce page.

3. I want to add a custom button on my visualforce page - similar to the New button at the top of related lists in the page.

Anyone have any samples how?

Thank you very much!!!

• April 09, 2013

Hello ,   I have a something brainstorm requirement. I need a complete picture of my project as for e.g , how many profiles , buttons , record types and which button on which page layout , almost every information in simple manner. Because every time I do waste lot of time to get an information for e.g on which all page layout the button 'Lost deal ' is available I check my all 50 page layout ans thus waste my time. Can I somehow automate an process that when ever new thing added , it should update my excel sheet contain all the information   is anything available in salesforce or do I need to make a project on this , Please guide me

Hi,

I create a field set on Account object, and add Account Name, Account Number and Account Description under the "In the Field Set".

Then I use the following code to display them on Visualforce.

<apex:page showHeader="false" standardStylesheets="false" sidebar="false" standardController="Account">

This is your new Page: TestFieldSetPage

<apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.Account.FieldSets.POC_Field_Set}" var="f"> 
        <apex:outputText value="{!Account[f]}" /><br/>
  </apex:repeat>
</apex:page>

"POC_Field_Set" is my field set api name.

But I can't see any data on my Visualforce after I save these code.

I follow the "Visualforce Developer's Guide" --- Working with Field Sets

So, do I miss some import thing about the Field set?

Thanks!

When trying to create a new developer account, I get this error message "Incorrect code. Please enter the corresponding code for the security image.".

Where is the security image? :smileymad:

Can any one explain me about sforce.connection in API calls.

Please send sample example to understand this?

I saw the document but not getting whole knowledge.

Thanks

Can we able to count page Number based on <apex:repeat> tag.

Say example, visual force generates PDF from list button where 2 records are selected and click a custom button then as a result PDF generated with totally 5 pages. With help of apex repeat tag, for the first record generates 3 pages and second record generates next 2 pages in a single file.

We need to count a page number in a PDF doc as Page 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3 and then again 1 of 2 and 2 of 2.

Is it possible? Any suggestions are highly appreciated. I am using below code to display page number, it is counting from 1 to 5.

1. The user can't login to the portal.  I have set the profile and roles appropriately.  From their contact record, i can login as the user and all is good, but when they try to login it gives them the following error message:

Your login attempt has failed. The username or password may be incorrect, or your location or login time may be restricted. Please contact the administrator at your company for help.

We reset the password and still nothing.

2.  I have set the default landing page to be something other than the Home page and it still goes to the home page

Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi.,
I want to place a custom button in custom object list view. I don’t want user to click this button from any other list view other than desired one.
There is no option to make list button visible only in desired list view, it will be there in all list view.
Finally I desired to throw a message to user, when they click that list button other than desired list view.
Here I need to check the List View Name, how can we get the list view name in Visual force page / extension apex class.
Where all list view names are stored, is that object / table is accessible / can we query that object in apex class.
E.g:
List View Name A, I want to place custom button A here.
User should not have access to button A in list View B, C and etc(We cannot make it this happen in standard list view) hence user clicks button A from List view B or C.
I want to throw message to user.
Note: PDF page will be render to me when I click on custom button A.

I'm developing a custom button / link for Cases.  The button searches for a custom child object,  which I'll call Bob (refered to in code as Bob__c) for now.  Bob__c holds the value of the Case to which it belongs,  so,  I can search for any Bob__c that holds the current Case.Id.  If it finds the object it gets displayed,  if it does not find the object one gets created and then displayed.

It all works except that when I create the Bob__c obect using this code:

var objNewBob = new sforce.SObject("Bob__c");

objNewBob.CaseNumber__c = {!Case.Id}; //Store the Case number so it can be referenced later

var result = sforce.connection.create([objNewBob]); //Create fails

I see the following message:

A problem with the OnClick JavaScript for this button or link was encountered:

{faultcode:'sf:INVALID_TYPE', faultstring:'INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'Bob__c' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.', detail:{InvalidSObjectFault:{exceptionCode:'INVALID_TYPE', exceptionMessage:'sObject type 'Bob__c' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.', row:'-1', column:'-1', }, }, }

I can't see what I'm doing wrong!  Anyone got any answers please?

Message Edited by mh1974 on 04-28-2009 01:25 AM
Message Edited by mh1974 on 04-28-2009 01:25 AM
Message Edited by mh1974 on 04-28-2009 01:28 AM
  • April 27, 2009