• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Not sure if anyone has already posted this question or not, regarding accessing Sybase database.
I want to use the Apex Data Loader ( version 11.0 ) command line interface to get information
from a Sybase SQL Anywhere (ASA not ASE ) db and import it into salesforce. So far I've managed to
successfully import from a csv using the command line ( and the process-conf.xml ).
But to connect to my Sybase database I need to know which driver to use ( I'm new to java programming ).
I normally access our Sybase Database through ODBC not JDBC. So I am not familiar with what it will take
to access teh database through JDBC
What do I need to place in the ( database-conf.xml ) file for the "DriverClassName" and the "url"?
The example has the following for Oracle.
      class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
      destroy-method="close">
    <property name="driverClassName" value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@my.server.com:1521:dataBaseName"/>
    <property name="username" value="user"/>
    <property name="password" value="password"/>
Thanks in Advance,
Dave
I have been using the data loader to populate our dev area and have found that when trying to load data that had been exported from our database  has the ',' ( comma character ) in some of the text fields.

Is there a way for Data Loader to ignore the ',' if it is embedded in the text data ( surrounded by quotes )?

If Data Loader will not allow for this, do you have another means of migrating this data to SF?

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Not sure if anyone has already posted this question or not, regarding accessing Sybase database.
I want to use the Apex Data Loader ( version 11.0 ) command line interface to get information
from a Sybase SQL Anywhere (ASA not ASE ) db and import it into salesforce. So far I've managed to
successfully import from a csv using the command line ( and the process-conf.xml ).
But to connect to my Sybase database I need to know which driver to use ( I'm new to java programming ).
I normally access our Sybase Database through ODBC not JDBC. So I am not familiar with what it will take
to access teh database through JDBC
What do I need to place in the ( database-conf.xml ) file for the "DriverClassName" and the "url"?
The example has the following for Oracle.
      class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
      destroy-method="close">
    <property name="driverClassName" value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@my.server.com:1521:dataBaseName"/>
    <property name="username" value="user"/>
    <property name="password" value="password"/>
Thanks in Advance,
Dave