• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I'm new to the salesforce system, and have inherited a site that utilizes its features.  We currently have in place a workflow and outbound message. 

In the SOAP XML, there can be multiple Notification nodes, which we need to process individually.

The problem I'm encountering is managing the response and error handling.  Is anyone familiar with setting the SOAP response to reply to multiple notifications individually, so I can update each workflow's corresponding object individually?

Any feedback/direction/advice is appreciated.

Thank you,

AT
Does anyone have a sample of what the SOAP message structure looks like for making an upsert call, with the partner wsdl, where the master record's external ID is used as the foreign key (rather than the salesforce ID)?.  I saw some examples of how to do this in code, using the enterprise wsdl, but not sure how the SOAP message looks for the partner wsdl.  I am trying to test this using XMLSpy, so I need the actual SOAP structure.

Here is the body of the SOAP message I currently use, but it requires the salesforce ID as the foreign key "Sales_Order__c" :

<SOAP-ENV:Body>
  <m:upsert xmlns:m="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com">
     <m:externalIDFieldName>ShipmentExternalID__c</m:externalIDFieldName>
     <m:sObjects>
        <m0:type>Delivery__c</m0:type>
        <m0:ShipmentExternalID__c>98765-artec</m0:ShipmentExternalID__c>
        <m0:Sales_Order__c>a0030000009RPj7AAG</m0:Sales_Order__c>
     </m:sObjects>
  </m:upsert>
 </SOAP-ENV:Body>