• 25 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is it possible to set your report criteria to the Created By field = XXX where XXX is the current user? What is the syntax for the value field for that?

I'm trying to create a custom formula field to put into my opportunity page layout (hidden).

the point of this will be to use it in various reports. When a manager runs a report and wants to edit the opportunity on the same record line it will open the opportunity in edit mode, then once saved, takes the user back to the same report they came from.

This i what i've done so far... but doesn't seem to be working. I dont know how to call out the current opportunity, and how to use the retURL properly to take me back to the previous location (report).

I guess two things, how do I get it to open the "current opportunity" in edit mode, then how do I get it to remember previous location and bring back after saving the edits to the last view.

It needs to be a field so that it can show up in the Report "select column" fields.

/006/e?ent=Opportunity?retURL={!$CurrentPage.Url}

Due to a recent error I've had in upgrading Connect for Microsoft Outlook version 3.2.107, does anyone know where to find the previous Connect for Microsoft Outlook version 3.0 so that I can downgrade?

thank you!

I'm trying to create a custom formula field to put into my opportunity page layout (hidden).

the point of this will be to use it in various reports. When a manager runs a report and wants to edit the opportunity on the same record line it will open the opportunity in edit mode, then once saved, takes the user back to the same report they came from.

This i what i've done so far... but doesn't seem to be working. I dont know how to call out the current opportunity, and how to use the retURL properly to take me back to the previous location (report).

I guess two things, how do I get it to open the "current opportunity" in edit mode, then how do I get it to remember previous location and bring back after saving the edits to the last view.

It needs to be a field so that it can show up in the Report "select column" fields.

/006/e?ent=Opportunity?retURL={!$CurrentPage.Url}

Hi there!

I am trying to find out if it is possible to restrict modifications / accidental deletions of Opportunity Products after a specific custom field is updated to "True".  Basically, I want to ensure that the Sales & Account Management teams can no longer modifiy a product once a specific field is updated in an Opportunity Product.  All updates need to be limited to the specific roles/Profiles (such as Accounting team, System Administrators).

Is this possible? 

For who's interested: we (not Salesforce.com!) created an improved version of the Excel Addin with the following improvements:

1. Enhanced login-screen: easier switching between environments (less typing)
2. Validation rules are applied by default (by using newer api version)
3. Fixed error on duplicate columns (required custom fields were downloaded twice)
4. Removed default query on 'systemModeDate > [last 7 days]' if no filter criteria were filled in
5. Increased standard batch size from 50 to 200, improving upload performance
6. Removed checks on maximum amount of lines
7. Improved dates handling (sometimes downloaded dates would not upload back into salesforce again)

(update 2012-12-04, 2 more fixes)

8. ability to upload numberic fields as null instead of always 0

9. corrected the bug to cope with error when uploading numbers with many decimals. These were put into scientific notation in Excel but not loaded properly to SF

(update 2013-05-03, 1 fix)

10. ability to query more than 32766 rows (was hitting the VBA limit on Integer size)

Our users are very happy with it. Feel free to try it out or further build on it and let me know what you think:

http://code.google.com/p/improved-excel-addin/

Disclaimer: Though we made and tested all enhancements with great care, we take no responsibility for the consequences of the use of this tool. Also note that this is an open source tool and not maintained nor supported by Salesforce.com.

Regards,

Guy

I would like to prevent users from deleting an Opportunity Product Line Item if a particular field within the Line Item is populated and not null.

I've searched everywhere but can't seem to find a solution.  I have an idea using RSF but would like to hear from the community if there are other options.

Thanks!

Melissa

Hi,

I have a situation where for a certain Opportunity Record Type, I would like to restrict the ability to delete products.  I can't find any way to do this through the UI.

Am I missing something?  If so, is there a APEX way around this?  Can you use an On Delete trigger for OpportunityLineItem that stops the delete?

Thanks

Is it possible to set your report criteria to the Created By field = XXX where XXX is the current user? What is the syntax for the value field for that?
    Hi ,
Is it possible to embed an s-control in the dashboard.
So is it possible create the complate look and feel of a dashboard in a simplistic manner.

Thankx
Ispita Saha
1.  Is there a way to take away the ability for certain users to delete existing opportunity line items, while leaving create,update abilities?

2. Is there a way to take away the ability only for certain Opportunity or Opportunity Product record types?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
    Due to a recent error I've had in upgrading Connect for Microsoft Outlook version 3.2.107, does anyone know where to find the previous Connect for Microsoft Outlook version 3.0 so that I can downgrade?

thank you!
I had the sForce Connector installed and was using it for data loading into salesforce.com. I was getting the following menu - SForce Table Query Wizard, Update Selected Cells, Insert Selected Rows, Query Selected Rows, etc.
However now, I am unable to get this menu. The new menu is - Login, Logout, Import a Report, Refresh an existing report, etc. Hence I am not able to load data into salesforce.com.
  • November 29, 2007
Help (please)!

My Excel connector stopped working yesterday, and, after re-doing the download and unzip functions, I am left with this message.  What can I do next?

Thanks in advance
My Excel connector stopped working yesterday.  I tried clearing out the references in Excel, and re-did the download and UnZip.  The message I receive is shown above.  I am running Enterprise edition and the correct version of SalesForce for Outlook (3.0).

Please help!
When I try to install this ap (budgeting and purchasing) from Salesforce Labs, I am asked for a password. I am installing as current administrator, and in to production. My login password is not being accepted! Any ideas what password they are looking for?