• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Let's say I have a field called "purple" with picklist choices a,b,c

If I have an Account record with a "b" value in the purple field, how do I capture that to paste to a regular text field (called yellow)?

I've seen it suggested that the CASE function can be used.  As an example, I've tried setting up an Account custom formula field (called yellow) that returns text with the following formula:

CASE (purple_c,
"Picklistvalue1","a",
"Picklistvalue2","b",
"Picklistvalue3","c",
"blank")

I was hoping that if I opened the Account record, or edited it, that the "yellow" field would obtain the text value from the "purple" picklist.  It isn't working.  What am I doing wrong, or should I be trying do something else altogether?
We're closing out our Fiscal Year. I'd like to make Opportunities from previous Fiscal Year viewable but not editable.  Hope there's a way.
I've set up a number of data validation rules. I'd like to add some code that would make each of these validation rules apply to the other profiles, but not be required by the System Administrator profile.

Can someone explain what I need to do?

Thanks!
Hi there, I'm trying to create a page with field selections coming from different tables.

On one page an end-user needs to select a customer/account from a drop-down list coming from Account or a custom table. There is another field, "contact" that should display a drop-down list of all contacts for that account and the end-user should select only one contact. I need to do the same thing for addresses.

Do you know how this can be done in Visual Force? Could I use "select" statement for the contact field based on the value of the customer field?

I will be needing at least 5 lookups from different custom tables in one page and I'm hoping this is possible in visual force. I appreciate any information you could provide. Thanks in advance.

• August 19, 2008
Let's say I have a field called "purple" with picklist choices a,b,c

If I have an Account record with a "b" value in the purple field, how do I capture that to paste to a regular text field (called yellow)?

I've seen it suggested that the CASE function can be used.  As an example, I've tried setting up an Account custom formula field (called yellow) that returns text with the following formula:

CASE (purple_c,
"Picklistvalue1","a",
"Picklistvalue2","b",
"Picklistvalue3","c",
"blank")

I was hoping that if I opened the Account record, or edited it, that the "yellow" field would obtain the text value from the "purple" picklist.  It isn't working.  What am I doing wrong, or should I be trying do something else altogether?
Dear All,

The Sales Team is tracking opportunities. We are now implementing project management and have a custom object "Projects." A project is always related to an opprotunity, and they share the same Project Name. Is there a way to auto fill fields when you create a new Project with information from the Opportunity?

Any help would be great. Thanks!

- Mike
  • February 05, 2008
 I want to create a simple "percent to goal" chart for my dashboad. I know what report to run, however I don't know what chart to pick or whether or not a formula can be entered in to get a percentage. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• January 28, 2008
We're considering starting to use the Forecasting functionality in Salesforce. 

What I've found is that the Forecast amount is driven by the Amount field (standard field) in the Opportunity.  We are not using that field.

We have 4 revenue componants that we track for each deal.  I've created custom fields for each one, and a calculated field (called 1st Year Revenue) to sum the componants.  It is this field that we report on as our Pipeline revenue. 

When I ran my first Forecast, the "Amount" for the deals in my Pipeline was "0."

So... I either need to:
  • Somehow, update the "Amount" field with the contents of the calculated field "1st Year Revenue" each time the Opportunity is edited.
  • or, make the "Amount" field a calculated field.
  • or, drive the Forecast calculations off of the "1st Year Revenue" field I've created.

Does anyone out there have a solution or workaround for this issue?

Alan@Avid

Hi I'm kinda new and was wondering how to do the following:
I have the following Opportunity fields:
services
maintenance
passthrough
and contract value which is a sum of the fields above.

The opportunity amount value is now always 0 because it's not used for the reason above. For forecasting reasons etc. I would like to populate the amount field from other custom fields. Any idea how to do that?