• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
hi all,

i am trying to return custom_objects home page when i click on command button.

i have written this code but its not working.

<apex:commandButton value="gototab" action="{!$Action.custom_object__c.Tab}"/>

please suggest me a way of doing this in visualforce with command button only.

-Abhishek singh
I have written a javascript which verifies the email id format, i want to add a custom button which on click takes the id entered in the custom Email field of my custom obejct and verifies it and give the result.

While doing these though i have created a custom button which on click executes the javascript and have pasted the javascript there.

But when i click on the button it gives error "an error with the On Click Javascript for this link or button was encountered: Conditional Compilation is turned off".

Can any one help me with this.

Thanks in anticipation.

-Abhishek Singh

Hello,

I am trying to automatically fill in some information in a form.  For example: In one object (called OBJA) there is a custom field for a price and a description.  In another object called OBJB it has a lookup to the ID of OBJA.  There are also fields that should contain the same information as the price and description in OBJA.  Is there a way to set the default values for OBJB's fields the same as the values of OBJA's fields with some type of formula?  Thanks in advance.

P.s. Yes the information must appear in the objects and the redundancy is necessary.
Hi everyone, I have another question.

Is it possible to set the time or schedule the apex code to run every day? I have a scheme which update one field in object Account for example. But to update that field, I don't need user interaction, but simply schedule the apex code to run every day to update that field. Is it possible to do that? I had tried the workflow, but it still need user interaction. Is it true? any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanx
on an s-control that will process a list of products associated with an opportunity, how do I reference the opportunityID of the opportunity chosen to display the s-control?

is it var oppid = "{!Opportunity_ID}"

???

This doesn't seem to work.
Hi,
I have a question about Apex code.  When I am creating a code to validate if a certain field (textbox) is respecting a certain rule, example: date needs to be a less than another date, and if not alert the user to re-enter it with a popup or some sort, how would I be able to go about it in ALERTING.

If it's possible to send me a sample code to clarify the process... it will be very APPRECIATED.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me on this.
Alen 
I am attempting to create a new Case record using the API, Partner WSDL. I keep getting the following error:

sObject type 'sObject' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

I can successfully call create with Account and Contact. I can also successfully call describeSObject with Case as the parameter.

Any ideas?
  • January 30, 2008
I want to add a custom button or a link on the account detail page which, when clicked, simply copies billing address to shipping address and saves the record. How can I do that? Pls provide the code if possible. Thanks in advance.
  • January 29, 2008
hi all,

i am trying to return custom_objects home page when i click on command button.

i have written this code but its not working.

<apex:commandButton value="gototab" action="{!$Action.custom_object__c.Tab}"/>

please suggest me a way of doing this in visualforce with command button only.

-Abhishek singh
Ok, I've read a dozen threads and all the documentation I can find but still can't seem to get the gist of how to save objects to Salesforce. I etiher end up receiving insufficient coverage messages or the items just don't seem to save anyway. Somehow, I managed to save a trigger and its test class to Salesforce yesterday. Today, I tried adding another class and trigger but the coverage errors were blocking me. The new class kept validating against the old trigger and not the new one. I then deleted all my objects to get a fresh start (I saved the code in local text files first). Now, when I try to save items, they don't get saved in Salesforce but there is no "only saved locally" message.

Can someone please give me a step-by-step list of how I go about creating Apex Triggers/Classes and saving them to SF through Eclipse? In my scenario, I am trying to create two triggers (on different objects). One of the triggers will be calling a method from another class.

I'm using Eclipse 3.3.1.1 and the Apex Toolkit 8.1.0.200710161138 (not using Force.com due to rollbackOnError issue). Also, I am using the Enterprise Edition of Salesforce.

UPDATE: I have finally gotten both triggers onto Salesforce. I had to use a single class for all my methods. Within this class, I created a single testMethod that runs tests against all objects.  My new issue is getting updates saved. When I modify my code and save it, it does not seem to get pushed out to Salesforce. Any thoughts?

Message Edited by MikeD13 on 01-16-2008 02:08 PM
I have recently upgraded my Eclipse environment and I am having some issues. I previously installed Eclipse 3.2.2 and downloaded the Plug-in for Salesforce development. Knowing I needed to update for APEX development, I downloaded the most recent version of Eclipse (3.3.1.1) and the up-to-date Eclipse Plug-in (API 10.0). Everything "appears" setup correctly, but I am running into a few odd problems. Currently, everytime I attempt to go out to the Help Website, to review the tutorial for the new SFDC Plug-in, I receive a Server URL error. I am running behind a proxy server, but I am able to connect to my org unit through the proxy, so I believe the proxy is set up correctly. Has anyone else ever seen this issue and been able to resolve it? The second issue is getting a bit more aggravating. I am repeatedly loosing my "session_id" for SFDC. In 3.2.2 of Eclipse, when this happened, I would simply open the properties to the org unit directory, click "apply" to reconnect, and everything would be fine. However, with 3.3.1.1, that no longer works. Short of shutting down Eclipse, I am unable to "refresh" the session id. Does anyone know why this is repeatedly occurring? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Hi,

I was just wondering why the following code might not work? I'm working through eclipse; which isn't reporting an error, but when I check my account it hasn't been uploaded. When I remove the offending code everything compiles fine and I can see it in my force account.

Code:
[Select l.Boat__c, l.List_Price__c, l.Listing_Type__c, l.Name, l.RecordTypeId from Listing_Details__c l where l.boat__c =:myBoat AND l.RecordTypeId = 'foo'].List_Price__c);

myBoat is a string that holds the id.

Thanks for any help.
Greetings!!

I want to ask you two  questions:-

1. Is there any way in VF, where we can select a value from a "Selectlist" and upon selection of the that value the page will refresh and associated fields, or you can say details will be displayed.

2. with your help i have made the check box to appear inside the datalist but the header thing is not comming over there, how can I do that.

Thanks in anticipatino of your kind resolution to my issue.

regards
Pallav
  • January 04, 2008
Hi,

Not been able to find anything about this in documentation. Is it possible to access DOM methods and properties for visual force objects? I am looking at making paired lists similar to the ones on the Web-To-Lead setup page which allows users to select, order and switch items between lists. I have constructed the lists and tied them into the data fine so just need to code the buttons. Is this at all possible in Visual Force/Apex do this or will I need to use Javascript like the components on other pages?

Thanks