• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all

I would like to display a piece of custom UI in a section between two Related Lists on a Page Layout.

Does anyone know whether this is possible please?

I would like to avoid overriding the whole page if possible as Sysadmin will lose ability to configure Page Layout.

Thanks in advance

Hi all

I am aware that it's not possible to modify the 'Show Time As' picklist values on the Event object.

However is anyone aware of a method to change the 'Busy' and 'Out of Office' colour key LABELS on Calendar views?

Thanks in advance

Hi all

I would like to display a piece of custom UI in a section between two Related Lists on a Page Layout.

Does anyone know whether this is possible please?

I would like to avoid overriding the whole page if possible as Sysadmin will lose ability to configure Page Layout.

Thanks in advance

Does anyone know how to remove a line break from a field?
I am trying to use MailingAddress in a hyperlink formula but it breaks every time there is a contact with a two line mailing address.

I have tried the following and they did not work:
substitute(MailingAddress,BR(),"")
substitute(MailingAddress,"\n","")
substitute(MailingAddress,\n,"")
trim(MailingAddress)

For reference my formula looks something like this:
hyperlink("http://linklocation.com?address="&MailingAddress,"Link Text", "_blank")
I have a custom formula field in contacts that is a hyperlink that opens a new event with information about the contact in the description (long story as to why we're doing this - trust me that this is the way to go...).

So, all goes well - I've substitituted spaces for + so that the hyperlink will work. My issue comes when I try to use mailing address. My only choice is mailing address and not mailing address 1, mailing address 2, mailing address 3. When there's a carriage return in the mailing address, the hyperlink doesn't get formed properly. So, the answer is to replace the carriage return with %0D. But, how do I specify the carriage return in the URL? I've tried CHAR(10), CHR(10), TEXT(10), BR() to no avail. I've tried calling Salesforce support but I'm told this area is not supported and I should talk to my developer??? (Side note: I love how salesforce keeps using these features as selling points and then refuses to support them when you run into issues).

So, does anyone know what I would use here? Here's what the code looks like ("NEED CARRIAGE RETURN HERE" is where I need the carriage return code:
Code:
HYPERLINK("https://na5.salesforce.com/00U/e—&who_id="&Id&"&followup=1&evt5=Meeting&what_id="&AccountId&"&returl=%2F"&Id&"&evt6="&SUBSTITUTE(FirstName," ","+")&"+"&SUBSTITUTE(LastName," ","+")&"%0D"&SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(Phone, "(",""),")","")," ","+")&"%0D"&SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(MailingStreet," ","+"),NEED CARRIAGE RETURN CODE HERE,"%0A"), "Book a Meeting")

Message Edited by ghallettkp on 04-01-2008 12:17 PM
Are there any people out there who use SalesForce and Doubleclick (DFP/DSM)?  We are new with both SF and DCLK and are looking at how we can integrate the two and were hoping not to have to reinvent the wheel. 
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

~ Charles