• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I configured, implemented, and supported Salesforce.com for 200+ users in Sales and Support. I have over 20 years of CRM and I/T experience. If you are looking for a remote SF Administrator to assist in your SF configuration, extensions, or ongoing administration, please contact me with your requirements at info@dfgsolutions.com. I will accept small projects. 

My Salesforce.com expertise includes this and more:

• Customization of standard objects such as accounts, contacts, leads, opportunities, cases
  • Creation of custom objects and their relationships 
  • Customization and/or creation of new page layouts
  • Setup custom reports, email templates, documents, dashboards, tabs
  • Setup workflow, validation, approval rules
  • Setup case record types, case queues, case assignment rules 
  • Enterprise level security, user security profiles, role hierarchies
  • Importing and exporting of data for data migration
  • Data cleanup and standardization using Demand Tools (third-party license required) 
  • Ongoing user administration

Message Edited by dfg on 02-06-2008 12:49 PM

Message Edited by dfg on 02-06-2008 12:50 PM

Message Edited by dfg on 02-06-2008 12:53 PM

Message Edited by dfg on 02-06-2008 01:10 PM

Message Edited by dfg on 02-06-2008 01:13 PM
  • February 06, 2008
I am currently seeking a full-time position as a Salesforce.com Administrator/Manager in the Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ area.  I am a seasoned I/T manager and successfully implemented Salesforce.com for Sales and Support for 200+ users at my previous employment.
I am also interested in SF.com consulting work in the Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ area.
Please contact me at info@dfgsolutions.com or visit my web site www.dfgsolutions.com.

Message Edited by dfg on 02-04-2008 09:25 AM

Message Edited by dfg on 02-06-2008 03:10 PM
  • February 04, 2008
For an Auto Response rule, is there anything (like a merge field) that can be put into the Sender's Name and Sender's Email Address that would dynamically pull that information from the Lead Owner? 

The issue is that my client is sending Auto Response emails and the email template has the Lead Owner's info in it (via merge fields), but there is no simple way to do this dynamically in an Auto Response Rule.  To accomplish this, they need to create an Auto Response Rule for each Assignment Rule they have and then hardcode in who that Auto Response Rule comes from.  This means that any future changes to Assignment Rules require a similar change to Auto Response Rules.  There must be an easier way.  Ideas?

• July 22, 2008
Hi All,

First time poster long time lurker.

I'm having a little trouble getting my head around person account creation using the API.

basically my client has a B2C website with a registration form offering the option to create a 'personal account' or a 'business account' essentially all the is different between these is that one contains an additional company field on the web form.

Okay so my question is how do I create person accounts or refer to them? I understand that person accounts are still just accounts and contacts sort of squashed together and still exist on their own.

I know how to create an account and related contact for a web registration but that's only the case for a 'business account' rego via the website. If a user decides to create a "Personal account" via the website is it as simple as doing exactly the same as I would for a business account and then just setting the recordtypeid ? Or is it more like writing to fields like Account.PersonFirstName  etc...?

I'm not actually doing the development but someone with just as little knowledge as me is, so any help I can pass on to them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys :)
  • May 22, 2008
Hi all

I'm trying to find a way to automatically send a response email to a lead that submits my web-to-lead form. I'm not using a "default" Salesforce W2L form, but a custom one, and it seems that the default auto-response rule doesn't work with custom web-to-led forms. So instead i'm trying to make a workflow rule that would do the same than the autoresponse-rule, but i'm actually struggling in setting up the rule. I'm sure this is a common situation and that lots of salesforce users actually use a workflow rule for auto response email, but i just can't find a way to set it up does anyone has an idea on how I would achieve this?

Thanks a lot.
  • February 21, 2008

I configured, implemented, and supported Salesforce.com for 200+ users in Sales and Support. I have over 20 years of CRM and I/T experience. If you are looking for a remote SF Administrator to assist in your SF configuration, extensions, or ongoing administration, please contact me with your requirements at info@dfgsolutions.com. I will accept small projects. 

My Salesforce.com expertise includes this and more:

• Customization of standard objects such as accounts, contacts, leads, opportunities, cases
  • Creation of custom objects and their relationships 
  • Customization and/or creation of new page layouts
  • Setup custom reports, email templates, documents, dashboards, tabs
  • Setup workflow, validation, approval rules
  • Setup case record types, case queues, case assignment rules 
  • Enterprise level security, user security profiles, role hierarchies
  • Importing and exporting of data for data migration
  • Data cleanup and standardization using Demand Tools (third-party license required) 
  • Ongoing user administration

Message Edited by dfg on 02-06-2008 12:49 PM

Message Edited by dfg on 02-06-2008 12:50 PM

Message Edited by dfg on 02-06-2008 12:53 PM

Message Edited by dfg on 02-06-2008 01:10 PM

Message Edited by dfg on 02-06-2008 01:13 PM
  • February 06, 2008