• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
1)Is there any alert message in triggers
2)Can we print the related list of parent -child relationship in top of screen in trigger code.
3)Is there is possible to print list @the top of page using trigger
getting error message s-force  is undefined .can u give ur comments
How to create a connection and query the result
trigger doJobPostingText on Requisition__c (before insert)
{
String str1=SELECT Id from Job_Category__c;
String str2=SELECT Job_Category__c from Requisition__c;
for (Requisition a : Trigger.new)
{
if((str1)==(str2))
{
insert a;
}
else
{
a.AddError('The Discipline should Be selected According to Job Category');
}
}
}
what is the process to integrate Force.Com IDE with Eclipse for the new version
ToolkitConnectionException: INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.
INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

I did a trigger on enterprise version sf with eclipse. which can't edit trigger on sfdc.
I can upload this trigger from eclipse to sfdc. but I can't upload the active config. I config the trigger.xml to <active>true<active> and upload it. but it doesn't work. In server the trigger is still deactive.
How can I active the trigger?
  • March 18, 2008
I'm pleased to let you all know we've just published a new major release of the Force.com IDE.  You can now seamlessly add all the new metadata components in Spring '08 to your Force.com projects and benefit from the familiar highlighting and syntax checking.  Get all the details at the Force.com blog.

Thanks to everyone who participates in this forum for your questions and comments on the IDE.  Our whole team participates actively, and we do our best not only to respond quickly but to use what we learn here to improve the product and inform our vision of Development-as-a-Service.  So keep it coming!

Jon Plax
Product Manager, Developer Tools
salesforce.com

Message Edited by JonP on 02-22-2008 05:49 PM
  • February 23, 2008
I was happily using the new IDE yesterday as I created my first Apex email service. I deployed it successfully to production and the service successfully processed inbound email.

Today, I can't deploy changes I've made. In the deployment wizard, I get a null pointer error as it's trying to develop a deployment plan.

I changed my class code, but there are no errors and the tests pass, so not sure why it would be bombing like this.

Any ideas what this might be or how to troubleshoot such an error in deployment?

Thanks,

Steve
I have encountered a bug when trying to deploy where it says I have not selected any components when in fact components are selected. This occurs on step 3 when using the deselect all and sorting abilities.

I usually wouldn't be so quick to call this a bug but I have been able to replicate this issue on two different machines.

Eclipse: 3.3.1.1
Force.com IDE: 11.1.1.200801181701
Latest version of Java.

1. Deselect All
2. Sort by Type

or

1. Sort by Type
2. Deselect All

3. Select a component and then hit Validate it will say, please select at least one component. Hitting Next will cause it to fail.

With that latest release of the toolkit and its ability to deploy nearly every custom object we have a list of about 200 components to sort through when deploying so not have these deselect all and sort abilities makes it a little more difficult.

Thanks.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 02-19-2008 02:45 PM
  • February 19, 2008

I’m new to Apex. I did a fresh install of Force.com IDE v3.3 and followed the Quickstart example online to get me going. In the New Project wizard, I selected Force.com > Force.com Project and clicked ‘Next’. Fro my login credentials I entered the username and password that I use to log on to the Developer Edition; by default the “SOAP endpoint” points to the Developer Edition:

https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/11.1

Can someone explain why I’m getting this error?

ToolkitConnectionException: INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

Thanks in advance!