• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
This may have a totally obvious solution.  However, I cannot for the life of me figure out a way to sort a summary report by the summarized value rather than the grouping criteria.

For example, here is the report I get:

Salesman    Satisfaction
A           5
B           1
C           10

What I want is

Salesman    Satisfaction
C           10
A           5
B           1

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Jay
Does anyone know of a way to automatically select a default email template and email from address for a case?  Our users are still have to do a lot of clicks and sometimes forget to use the email-to-case address.

Thanks in advance, Jay
We would like to use the ihance Email-to-Case AppExchange solution rather than running the Email-to-Case java app.  Long story, but we just don't have the ability to deploy it here.

The ihance solutions works great.  It is nearly instantaneous and I am very impressed with it's accuracy.  However, I cannot find a way to notify the case owner that a response email has come back to us.  Either that case status needs to be changed (preferred) or a new task needs to be set up for the user.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jay
I am a newbie, so forgive me if this question has an obvious answer.

How do I display several custom fields I have in the Contacts table on my Cases page layout? 

I want our support reps to see several rollup fields we populate when we update the Contacts table each week from our order system - these fields show customer recency, frequency and monetary value so our folks know who to pay a LOT of attention to.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks, Jay
  • March 10, 2008
I am a newbie, so forgive me if this question has an obvious answer.

How do I display several custom fields I have in the Contacts table on my Cases page layout? 

I want our support reps to see several rollup fields we populate when we update the Contacts table each week from our order system - these fields show customer recency, frequency and monetary value so our folks know who to pay a LOT of attention to.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks, Jay
  • March 10, 2008
This may have a totally obvious solution.  However, I cannot for the life of me figure out a way to sort a summary report by the summarized value rather than the grouping criteria.

For example, here is the report I get:

Salesman    Satisfaction
A           5
B           1
C           10

What I want is

Salesman    Satisfaction
C           10
A           5
B           1

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Jay
Does anyone know of a way to automatically select a default email template and email from address for a case?  Our users are still have to do a lot of clicks and sometimes forget to use the email-to-case address.

Thanks in advance, Jay
Hi I'm trying to setup Email2Case and getting the following error:

ERROR Unable to connect to mail service.

nested exception is: com.sun.mail.iap.ProtocolException: No login methods supported!

Does anyone have instructions on Exchange 2007 setup? or any more info on this error?

<configFile>
    <server1>
        <url>mail.mydomain.com</url>
        <protocol>imap</protocol>
        <userName>support@mydomain.com</userName>
        <password>myPassword</password>
        <interval>5</interval>
        <inbox>Inbox</inbox>
        <readbox>movedToSalesForce</readbox>
        <errorbox>error</errorbox>
    </server1>
</configFile>

Message Edited by transcend on 02-20-2008 03:18 PM
Hi guys,

I'm using Email2Case with Microsoft Exchange.  The messages are showing as 'read' on the server after the plugin does it's collection.  However, it keeps collecting read e-mails over and over.  So, it seems to be ignoring the 'read' status of the e-mail.

Perhaps this is standard behaviour and we need to delete the 'read' mails - however, I don't know how this works.

All the best,

Steve
Does anyone out there know how to call an email template from a custom button?

Thanks in advance.
  • August 03, 2007