• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Please send me the link to download Sforce connector or excel connector for Professional Eddition

Is it possible to send an email to multiple SF contacts with Outlook Edition and log that activity in each other contact records. My sales team does not like using the mass email function.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,
I am new to Salesforce.com.  I am so glad a place like this exists because I need assistance.  We are in the process of changing page layouts and need to add new fields.  Some of these fields are in other layouts..such as in accounts.  Is it possible to "clone" a field that is the "account" layout and copy it to the "opportunity" layout?
  • February 29, 2008
Hello!

I am using a field update to record the previous account owner when an ownership change is made, but I can only get it to return the Owner ID, rather than the name.  Is there a way to get the Owner name instead?  Thanks in advance for your help!

-- Julie
How do I write the the validation rule that makes a look-up field required based on the value of a picklist?
There are two values in the pick list this would need to check on.

So,  if picklist value = ABC or XYZ  make Look-up field required.

Writing formula's is not my strong point so any help here would be greatly appreciated

:smileywink:
Thanks in advance

Does anyone know how to execute field update workflow rules against a lookup field? E.g., if a checkbox field A = true, then auto-populate field B to be "cccc" (to display "cccc" value). Currently, field B is not shown as one of the available field to be updated. I think it is because field B is a lookup type field. Thanks!
  • February 28, 2008
Hi all,

I want to add a custom field (text) to my Account records called "Main contact" and want this to be a formula that pulls in the full name of the contact that has a true value in the Contact custom field (checkbox) "Main contact".

So, to, hopefully, explain, I will have a number of contacts linked to an account but only one of them will have a true value in the "Main Contact" checkbox and I want to know if it is possible to pull this information up to the custom field within the account record. If not, it will mean we have to enter it manually :(.

Any advice offered greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Colin
  • February 27, 2008
Just got a Palm Treo phone and I'm looking for the Intellisync app.  Where is it?  What the heck is Mobile? 
I've set up a custom button to clone account records (don't ask - it's a long story).  Everything checks out ok but I can't get a multi-select field to pass through to the new record.  I've tried everything.  Here's what I am using.  The bold red line is the one that isn't working.

https://na2.salesforce.com/001/e?
acc2={!Account.Name}&
00N30000000lVLT_selected={!Account.Ranking__c}&
00N30000000lsJD={!Account.Fortune_Rank__c}&
acc12={!Account.Website}&
acc17street={!Account.BillingStreet}&
acc17city={!Account.BillingCity}&
acc17state={!Account.BillingState}&
acc17zip={!Account.BillingPostalCode}&
acc17country={!Account.BillingCountry}&
acc7={!Account.Industry}&
acc15={!Account.NumberOfEmployees}&
00N40000001LlGl={!Account.of_Employees__c}

Thanks.

Lee

I need to be able to repeat the name of the Opportunity Owner in a second section of the page, but so far, the only field I can merge with is OwnerID - and a string of random letters and numbers isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

The idea is that we have "shared sales" where two or three people share credit for a particular sale. We need to store their names and the percentages of credit for each one. I've added fields for the extra two reps (lookups to Users), and for their percentages (defaulting to 0%). But to make things crystal clear, I want the owner's name to appear in the section too - defaulted to 100%, but with a validation rule that makes sure the sum of all 3 percent fields = 100%. Obviously, I don't want them changing the duplicate Owner field. I'm hoping I can make it read-only. But I do want it to show up to make it absolutely clear who has what percentage credit.

Is there a way to merge my duplicate field with the Owner's name instead of the ID? It's obviously a two-step link - it starts with the OwnerID on the current object, but then has to link to the Users Object to grab the associated Name. Fancy formula work, maybe?

Hi

We have a custom field in Sales Force which is called  'Region'.

I have a simple web-to-lead form on our website that uses ringlead to pass the lead to Sales Force.

The Custom ID and Name that Sales Force gave us for inclusion on this form (to be attached to the 'region' field) is:

0N30000000mnNj

WHICH IS NOT WEB COMPLIENT - name an id should not begin with a digit, should begin only with a letter. please see W3 's website:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-id

This is a serious problem as I am unable to write ANY JavaScript validation for this field and subsequently data is lost and leads are not being distributed correctly which is harming our business. Why could sales force not spot this and is there a way to customise this custom field name and id so that at least it starts with a letter???

Has anyone come against this issue and found a work-around in JavaScript validation???

Thanks

Steve Jones

I am trying to create a custom "One & Done" report to show cases that have been closed within 10 minutes of creation.

I created a custom field "Case Duration" which uses the formula "DateClosed - DateCreate" .

The problem is I don't know what the formula's output is as it "deducts days-hours-minutes" from "days-hours-minutes".

I'd like it to return a value in minutes only.

Anyone know how to accomplish this ?

• February 11, 2008