• 75 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Despite what is said here (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=networks_seo_faq.htm&type=5) I seem to be unable to make record detail pages show up in a fashion that can be searched by the likes of Google, or scraped by the likes of Facebook. For Google etc, the pages simply return “Loading. ×Sorry to interrupt. CSS Error. Refresh.” while Facebook sees only the pre-rendered aura layout without any meta tags except those that are set at the site level (which can not be dynamic).

What am I missing here? Has anyone gotten things to work the way the documentation says they should, with {!Record.FieldName} values in the title etc?
I have a very large project that is ready to deploy. However, before deployment we want to move the project from Eclips on Mac OSX to a Windows system. Both systems are running the latest Spring '17 Force.com IDE and Eclipse Neon.2 Release (4.6.2).

The project passes validation when tested from the Mac, however when exported and imported on the Windows system, the import first throws a java.lang.NullPointerException with no furhter details and then fails validation. I have looked at all the contents, and they look to be identical.
While developing an iPhone app, using Cordova and the Salesforce Mobile SDK (backbone, smartstore) where the user is expected to be offline for a prolonged period of time. The problem we are encountering is that during the period of time the user is offline, the Salesforce oAuth session expires, which causes errors when the user reconnects and tries to sync the smartstore back to salesforce.

When a user is logged out, the smartstore storage (soup) is cleared. This is by design by Salesforce for security reasons. However we can find no information about the period of time that the session will remain valid.

What we need is information about how others may have handled this, or information about how we can control the expiration period. Failing that, we need to be able to re-authenticate after a session has expired without clearing the smartstore “soup”.
  • September 02, 2016
A new and exiting problem seems to have been introduced today.

Yesterday, everything was working fine. This morning, I find that quick actions on custom objects are no longer being shown in the mobile (SF1) interface.

After much testing and research, I find that any action that opens a visual force page, that contains an ampersand or a less than symbol without a corresponding greater than, is removed from the UI.

This is of course an issue for any page that contains javascript.

For example…
<scrtip>
if(x<y && y==z) {

}
</script>
will cause the action to be removed.

I can code around this issue, but that is a massive amount of work. Is there any documented cause for this? Is it a known bug? If so, is there an ETA on it being fixed?
Seems that all our sandboxes have Lightning enabled, so far this has not caused any major issues. However, I am finding that sforce.one.navigateToSObject('{!RecordId}') does not work. It does not generate any errors, it just fails to navigate to the object. I can replicate the navigation behaviour I want by using generic javascript...

window.location="/one/one.app#/sObject/{!orderId}/view"; 

But this causes the SF1 logo to display before the object loads. Which is slow.

Any ideas?
  • September 22, 2015
Trying to figure out why our actions are not being included in our package. On a clean org that has the package installed, if I try to create an action that opens a visualforce page from the package, I see the error "Visualforce page does not have valid controller for use with action" with no further explination. I can not find this message referenced anywhere online.
We are trying to build a managed package that includes custom objects with quick actions used in the Salesforce 1 "Quick Actions in the Publisher" section of the object layouts. However, these actions are not showing up in the package and I can not find them anywhere in the package manager to be added.

Any ideas?
I have a situation where users are being bounced between the standard Salesforce interface, the one/one.app SF1 interface and a secondary mobile app (for barcode scanning).

The reason for this setup is that you can't link directly to a visualforce page in the SF1 interface and data needs to be passed back from the barcode scanner.

So the process is as follows.
1. From the SF1 interface (one.app) in Safari the user opens a Visualforce page (lets call it "MyPage").
2. The user clicks a link, which opens the external barcode scanner app.
3. The barcode scanner opens a link in Safari leading to a Visualforce page in the full Salesforce interface.
4. The user clicks a button in the page and the one/one.app is reloaded.

This all works fine most of the time, however (most often it seems when scanning more then one barcode, so repeating steps 2&3) sometimes the user sees a notice at the top of the SF1 interface saying "currently offline", when this happens if they click on anything that would cause new data to load, they are prompted to login again. However, this subsaquent login does not showup in the users login history.
I'm trying to dip my toes into the new Salesforce Polymer components. However the force-signin tag seems to require a callback url, which isn't really applicable to a hybrid Cordova app. Looking over the example (https://github.com/ForceDotComLabs/paper-sobject-editor) hasn't really been of any help as it uses a node.js proxy to handle the redirection.

So I guess my question is, what is the correct method of authenticating to Salesforce when using the polymer components? The old template created with "forceios create" seems to no longer be valid, though perhaps a mix of the old and new could work.

Looking at the force-signin element documentation (https://github.com/ForceDotComLabs/mobile-ui-elements) (such as it is) indicates that the callback url can be left off, if the bootconfig.json is setup for it, but there is no further information about how to properly configure and reference the bootconfig.json file.
Can't seem to get sforce.one.editRecord to work.... anyone have any thoughts as to what I can try? Litterly just passing it the id in the standard controller.
When deleting a record using the standard delete action while in the Salesforce1 one/one.app interface, the user is being redirected to the previously opened page in their browser history rather then (for example) back to the record list in Salesforce1.

Any thoughts on how to manage this? I'd like to avoid having to override the Delete action.
In version 7.0 and earlier, I was able to close a VF Page opened from an action button on a record by using the following javascript.

var win = window.open('','_self');
win.close();

However, in version 7.1 of the Salesforce1 app (on iOS) this has the effect of closing the entire SF1 interface in an unrecoverable manor. So I switched to using sforce.one.back() however this seems to require two clicks when it is the onClick even of a button in the VF Page and sometimes has the effect of stepping back twice through the user history navigation rather then once. I've also tried just opening the original record, but this has the effect of opening it twice, requiring the user to click back twice to get to the home screen where they can access the left menu.

Any ideas?
There are currently two working deep-link URL formats working on iOS devices for opening records in the Salesforce1 mobile app. While the limited documentation would seem to indicate that salesforce1://sObject/{!recordId}/view is the preferable format, I find that it often fails and that I have greater success with com.salesforce.salesforce1://entity/view?entityId={!recordId}.

Is there any clarification on this point, is one format due to be deprecated?
Salesforce1 can be opened using standard iOS call-in/call-out URL fomats such as the following...

com.salesforce.salesforce1://entity/view?entityId={!record.id}
salesforce1://sObject/{!record.id}/view

It is unclear which of the two is the prefered format, however currently both work. However, it is unclear how to open an APEX page using simular call-in URLs. Alternitivly, if I can open the record in edit mode that may be workable as well so long as paramters are preserved. However, despite everything I've read on the subject, I can not get records to open in edit mode by chaning "view" to "edit". Doing so using the first URL format still opens the record in read mode and if I do that with the second, it fails to open at all.

The only thing resembling documentation I can find is a PDF posted awhile back by Dan McCall 
(https://success.salesforce.com/06930000003vIt6) 

However, despite what that document says I can not get either edit mode or APEX page to open. Additinaly I found this blog posting...
(https://plus.google.com/108841584505265827017/posts/GjHbMRmQzC3)

Which claims that the following is the correct format to open an APEX page, however it to fails in my tests.
com.salesforce.salesforce1://entity/view?entityId=apex/VFPAGENAMEHERE

Has anyone been able to get either openign a record in edit mode, or opening an APEX page to work and sucsessfully passed them a paramter using an iOS call-in/call-out URL?

I have some custom visualforce dashboard components. Everything looks great when a user is on the page, however when the dashboard is emailed the section where these components should be has a message "this component can't be displayed in emails".

Anyone with any thoughts as to a solution or work around for this?

I have not been able to find a good answer to this, so here goes.

Is there a way to make the Status field choices on Case objects dependnet on the record type for the case?

Is there any means of accessing a custom rest responder class (created using @RestResource) with the iOS force.com sdk? The documentation only mentions the following potential "request for" methods, none of which seem applicable.

It seems that the SalesforceMobileSDK-iOS requires the /Developer folder, which is no longer part of the XCode setup. So how do I update/resolve the compiler errors when trying to run ./install.sh for the sdk setup?

Starting to work with the Salesforce rest api, but I'm finding that the RestRequest.params map only ever contains the first paramter passed in the URL. So if I have ?x=1&y=2 I only ever see the value of x in the class.

Is this normal, or am I missing something?

I'm writing some apex/visualforce to let users open reports using dynamic filtering by passing the pc0, pn0 ,pv0 parameters in the URL. However, it seems that you can not use this method to filter on CreatedDate. When I add CreatedDate filtering to a report and look at the source of the resulting page I see the pc0 field set to the SalesForce ID of the CreatedDate field rather then the api name.

So, my question is, can I get the SalesForce Id for a field using the schema?

Despite what is said here (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=networks_seo_faq.htm&type=5) I seem to be unable to make record detail pages show up in a fashion that can be searched by the likes of Google, or scraped by the likes of Facebook. For Google etc, the pages simply return “Loading. ×Sorry to interrupt. CSS Error. Refresh.” while Facebook sees only the pre-rendered aura layout without any meta tags except those that are set at the site level (which can not be dynamic).

What am I missing here? Has anyone gotten things to work the way the documentation says they should, with {!Record.FieldName} values in the title etc?
Seems that all our sandboxes have Lightning enabled, so far this has not caused any major issues. However, I am finding that sforce.one.navigateToSObject('{!RecordId}') does not work. It does not generate any errors, it just fails to navigate to the object. I can replicate the navigation behaviour I want by using generic javascript...

Any ideas?
  • September 22, 2015

The limit in size for an attachment is 5MB, however when using an apex:inputFile controller the result of attempting to upload a file larger then that is a null object. Is there a way to detect when the file atempting to upload is larger then the limit?

I have a very large project that is ready to deploy. However, before deployment we want to move the project from Eclips on Mac OSX to a Windows system. Both systems are running the latest Spring '17 Force.com IDE and Eclipse Neon.2 Release (4.6.2).

The project passes validation when tested from the Mac, however when exported and imported on the Windows system, the import first throws a java.lang.NullPointerException with no furhter details and then fails validation. I have looked at all the contents, and they look to be identical.

Any ideas?
  • September 22, 2015
Trying to figure out why our actions are not being included in our package. On a clean org that has the package installed, if I try to create an action that opens a visualforce page from the package, I see the error "Visualforce page does not have valid controller for use with action" with no further explination. I can not find this message referenced anywhere online.
We are trying to build a managed package that includes custom objects with quick actions used in the Salesforce 1 "Quick Actions in the Publisher" section of the object layouts. However, these actions are not showing up in the package and I can not find them anywhere in the package manager to be added.

Any ideas?
Can't seem to get sforce.one.editRecord to work.... anyone have any thoughts as to what I can try? Litterly just passing it the id in the standard controller.
There are currently two working deep-link URL formats working on iOS devices for opening records in the Salesforce1 mobile app. While the limited documentation would seem to indicate that salesforce1://sObject/{!recordId}/view is the preferable format, I find that it often fails and that I have greater success with com.salesforce.salesforce1://entity/view?entityId={!recordId}.

Is there any clarification on this point, is one format due to be deprecated?
Salesforce1 can be opened using standard iOS call-in/call-out URL fomats such as the following...

com.salesforce.salesforce1://entity/view?entityId={!record.id}
salesforce1://sObject/{!record.id}/view

It is unclear which of the two is the prefered format, however currently both work. However, it is unclear how to open an APEX page using simular call-in URLs. Alternitivly, if I can open the record in edit mode that may be workable as well so long as paramters are preserved. However, despite everything I've read on the subject, I can not get records to open in edit mode by chaning "view" to "edit". Doing so using the first URL format still opens the record in read mode and if I do that with the second, it fails to open at all.

The only thing resembling documentation I can find is a PDF posted awhile back by Dan McCall 
(https://success.salesforce.com/06930000003vIt6) 

However, despite what that document says I can not get either edit mode or APEX page to open. Additinaly I found this blog posting...
(https://plus.google.com/108841584505265827017/posts/GjHbMRmQzC3)

Which claims that the following is the correct format to open an APEX page, however it to fails in my tests.
com.salesforce.salesforce1://entity/view?entityId=apex/VFPAGENAMEHERE

Has anyone been able to get either openign a record in edit mode, or opening an APEX page to work and sucsessfully passed them a paramter using an iOS call-in/call-out URL?

I have some custom visualforce dashboard components. Everything looks great when a user is on the page, however when the dashboard is emailed the section where these components should be has a message "this component can't be displayed in emails".

Anyone with any thoughts as to a solution or work around for this?

I have not been able to find a good answer to this, so here goes.

Is there a way to make the Status field choices on Case objects dependnet on the record type for the case?

It seems that the SalesforceMobileSDK-iOS requires the /Developer folder, which is no longer part of the XCode setup. So how do I update/resolve the compiler errors when trying to run ./install.sh for the sdk setup?

I'm writing some apex/visualforce to let users open reports using dynamic filtering by passing the pc0, pn0 ,pv0 parameters in the URL. However, it seems that you can not use this method to filter on CreatedDate. When I add CreatedDate filtering to a report and look at the source of the resulting page I see the pc0 field set to the SalesForce ID of the CreatedDate field rather then the api name.

So, my question is, can I get the SalesForce Id for a field using the schema?

Hi Experts,

I have created one Schedulable global batch class which automatically sends an emails to Task's accounts contacts. so i have schedule that class to daily run on 1:00 am. but it will give an Below exception.

Package Visibility: Constructor is not visible: [SendMassEmail].<Constructor>()

---------- code  --------

global class SendMassEmail implements Database.Batchable<SObject>, Database.Stateful, Schedulable {
    // variable deleractions

global SendMassEmail(){

// nothing define  
    }

global database.querylocator start(Database.BatchableContext bc){

//  Fatching Task records.
    }

global void execute(Database.BatchableContext bc, List<sObject> sObjs){
        // Factching Task's Accounts and its related contact
        // sendEmail();
    }

global Boolean sendEmail() {
        // Select Email template based on task subject and send email
    }

global void finish(Database.BatchableContext bc){
        System.debug('-------------- SendMassEmail FINISH ----------- ');
    }

global void execute(SchedulableContext sc) {
        // call batch job
        SendMassEmail sme = new SendMassEmail();
        Database.executeBatch(sme,1);
    }
}

• January 02, 2012

Is there a way to get the id of the first attachment to a record in forumla? I have a situation where apporval processes are locking a record before I can record the id of the attachment. Basicly, the process is as follows.

1. New record is inserted.
  2. New attachment is inserted with new record id as its parent.
  3. Field in record is udpated with id of attachment.

However, the record is locked by the approval process after step 1 and I cant do step 3 earler because the attachment must have the parent id of the record and the record does not have an id before it is inserted.

Thoughts?

• September 14, 2011
Its early and my espresso has not yet kicked in, so forgive me this rudimentary question. What is the maximum number of records that a trigger will process at once? Assuming some sort of bulk update, what is the most I can expect to see in the Trigger.new list? Trying to code around some potential governor limit issues.