• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is anyone else interested in something like this? VOTE HERE

Expire LMA Licenses by Usage Value

Currently Licenses can be by Site or User for a given period of time. I think it would be a great addition to this functionality if you allowed us to be able to create packages designed to expire based on usage rather than just time. This way we could sell a customer a block of usages rather than a period of time.

We are finding that this could be very helpful in licensing apps for use in Salesforce Sites, Ideas, Partner Portals, and Customer Portals where the users change constantly and charging the customers by site or by user for a given period of time doesn’t seem to fit the situation.

Could this be done with just a usage value in the LMA record and a method to call in order to validate and decrement the usage value?

I am missing something basic here and I don't know what it is.  How do you get the "Continue" and "Don't show me this again" buttons to be incorporated into the page?

I've created a VF Page (mostly stock html thus probably missing a apex section or something) and set it up as a Home tab Custom Link and then set it as my splash page for my custom tab. The page shows fine, but there are no buttons to dismiss the splash because there are no buttons.

So, what am I missing?  The only information I could dig up in Help, Apex Help and VF Help is the following:

Custom Tab Splash Page

You can add a splash page to any custom tabs in your app. Custom splash pages can include information about using the custom tab and custom object with links to additional information. They include a Continue button and a Don’t show me this again button.
Create the splash page for your app in the form of a custom link for the Home tab via Setup | Customize | Home | Custom Links. Custom links can be a URL to an HTML page or a custom s-control or Visualforce page. Create your custom splash page as a Home tab custom link and then add it as the splash page option to any custom tabs you plan to upload to AppExchange

Does anyone else find that they are getting a number of Package Upload and Package Installation Errors since the Spring09 release? Seems like ever since then we have been plagued by all sorts of issues that force us to go to Salesforce Support to get them resolved.

It has probably happened to us about 5 times now where we get an error like this:

If this error persists, contact Salesforce Support through your normal channels and reference number:  xxxxxxxxx-xxx (-xxxxxxxxx)

If we are doing something wrong, salesforce won't tell us and it's really making us look bad when we can't follow through with customers because of some unknown error that we apparently can't fix on our own. Then we have to wait a week to get it resolved.

Just wondering if this is a problem anyone else has been having since Spring 09, or if it's something directly related to the way in which we build and deploy these packages. (or maybe both)

If I wanted to create a visual force page that could be refferenced from any object, what is the best way?

If I wanted to create a button to my vf page, then the page must have the object set as it's standardController, right? So, this wouldn't work for any more then one object unless there is some sort of generic controller for sObject or something... Is there?

If I wanted users to be able to easily add a custom detail button linking to my vf page on any object's page layout... how would I do that? Is there a generic url that would work for all Orgs or something?

Thanks.

Here is the scenario: You create a opportunity. You attach some files to that opportunity via the “Notes & Attachments” related list. You decide you have to email one of these files to a recipient and you want to use the “Send An Email” button on the Activity History related list, so you click the button. Next you try to attach a file that was just previously uploaded as an attachment to the opportunity, so you click the “Attach File” button.

Problem: The Attach File lookup window only supports Documents.  Attached files cannot be found.

Can this be fixed via something simple like a setting or an AppExchange package?  I can’t believe you can’t do this by default.  I looked at the schema and the Document object is about identical to the Attachment object… so what gives?

If I have to write some APEX or Visual Force to get around this, that is fine… but I’m looking for thoughts and ideas on how best to get this solved.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

I would like to add a custom button to the Products related list on the Opportunity page layout, but the interface is acting like this is not possible.  My test button shows up as an option in the other related lists, but not the products.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a limitation that I need to work around? Is it just not allowed at all?

I've searched the help and these sites but didn't find anything documented on this.  Looks like you can override the standard buttons, but that doesn't help me.  Would like an additional custom button.

Anybody know what is going on here?

Thanks.

Ok, so here is it. 

• I have a customer who installed a trial version of a managed package into their sandbox. 
  • Our LMA does not show a license record for that new installation.
  • We have a workflow that sends out an automated email to the customer when the package is about to expire based on the LMA's License Record's Expiration field.  They got that message.  How did that happen if the record never existed?
  • Problem: Customer needs an extension of the trial period.  How can I extend the trial period if the LMA record does not exist?

What is the reason that the install into the sandbox does not show in the LMA?

Will it actually expire in the sandbox? (maybe this answers the question above?)

If it will expire, how do I extend it if I can't see it in the LMA?

I have used the Data Explorer to see if there are more records there than the web interface is displaying, but I didn't see anything.

Ideas? Answers?

Thanks Much.

What is wrong with this package from salesforce labs?

I have followed the directions on the application's "About Auto-Complete" tab and I have not been able to make it work.

Details:
  • Messages and Alerts contents
    • <a href="/setup/ui/orghomepageedit.jsp?retURL=/setup/ui/homepagecomponents.jsp?retURL=/ui/setup/Setup?setupid=Home&setupid=HomePageComponents&cm=1&setupid=HomePageComponents&id=00D80000000E52f">
    • Edit Message and Alerts</a>
    • <script type="text/javascript">
    •     var djConfig = {
    •         baseRelativePath: "/js/dojo/0.3.1/"
    •     };
    • </script>
    • <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/dojo/0.3.1/dojo.js"></script>
    • <script type="text/javascript" src="/soap/ajax/8.0/connection.js"></script>
    • <script type="text/javascript" src="/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=01N800000003F91"></script>
    • <script type="text/javascript">
    •     dojo.addOnLoad(AutoComplete.prototype.loadAutoComplete);
    • </script>
    • Auto-Complete Loaded.
  • "Show Custom Sidebar Components on All Pages" is Checked and Saved.

I've checked the details above over and over, and it seems like something is just broken or maybe I'm missing a security setting somewhere.

Any Ideas on what to check or what might be wrong?  Anyone else get this to work? I've tried using both IE7 and Google Chrome on an XP-SP3 pc.

I've tried emailing the email address in the application's about tab for support as well (bbarugae@gmail.com), but it comes back as with a permanent failure error. Also, the "Test Drive" does not work on the AppExchange. Says incorrect password.

Thanks.
Is there a way to pre-validate data in a salesforce instance prior to an installation occuring?

For instance, if I wanted to verify data by first running a query and if a problem is identified then raise an error.  Is there a way to do that?

I know all about the security restrictions implemented in browsers regarding  cross domain scripting from within an iFrame, but that doesn’t mean this is not possible.  Yes, I have found a method but it would require some help from SalesForce.com.

If you are lost right now, the idea is simply to have the capability to dynamically resize a salesforce.com iFrame that contains items such as your S-Controls or web page via a URL Tab.  You may have noticed that when the data you are trying to display exceeds the boundaries of the iFrame you then see scroll bars that enable the user to slide the view around so they can see everything.

There is a way through client side scripting to resize the iFrame, but you will get an “Access Denied” message if you attempt to accomplish this resizing via scripting from within your own custom page that is hosted on another domain.

So… After all of that, my first question to pose to this community is:

Is there a current method that salesforce.com allows us as developers to use in order to resize the iFrame?

Second, is anyone else interested in this functionality?

Thirdly, and only if there is no current method for this, would the good people at salesforce.com be willing to hear a possible solution to safely solve this issue and allow us this type of functionality?

Basic Solution:  I bumped into this method in my search to solve this issue, so I can’t take credit for it, but I have tested it and it works.  The cost to SalesForce is an inclusion of a small html page with a small bit of JavaScript that in itself alters the iFrame for you.  It starts out with the Salesforce.com iFrame that houses your information.  Then from your web page, you can get the name of the iframe that houses your page in SalesForce.  You then place a small, possibly hidden, iFrame on your web page that links back to the small script page on salesforce.com domain and passes it, via the URL parameters, the main iFrame name/id and the size of your content.  That small script located at salesforce.com, which is in their control, then resizes the main iFrame for you.  This allows you to sidestep the cross domain security issue because the script that modifies the iFrame is also hosted within the same domain.  --  Clear as mud, huh?

Does any of this make sense?  Hope it was worth my time to post it.

Here is the scenario: You create a opportunity. You attach some files to that opportunity via the “Notes & Attachments” related list. You decide you have to email one of these files to a recipient and you want to use the “Send An Email” button on the Activity History related list, so you click the button. Next you try to attach a file that was just previously uploaded as an attachment to the opportunity, so you click the “Attach File” button.

Problem: The Attach File lookup window only supports Documents.  Attached files cannot be found.

Can this be fixed via something simple like a setting or an AppExchange package?  I can’t believe you can’t do this by default.  I looked at the schema and the Document object is about identical to the Attachment object… so what gives?

If I have to write some APEX or Visual Force to get around this, that is fine… but I’m looking for thoughts and ideas on how best to get this solved.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Any way to edit the template for the quote PDF? Or show the custom fields in it?

Is anyone else interested in something like this? VOTE HERE

Expire LMA Licenses by Usage Value

Currently Licenses can be by Site or User for a given period of time. I think it would be a great addition to this functionality if you allowed us to be able to create packages designed to expire based on usage rather than just time. This way we could sell a customer a block of usages rather than a period of time.

We are finding that this could be very helpful in licensing apps for use in Salesforce Sites, Ideas, Partner Portals, and Customer Portals where the users change constantly and charging the customers by site or by user for a given period of time doesn’t seem to fit the situation.

Could this be done with just a usage value in the LMA record and a method to call in order to validate and decrement the usage value?

I built a VF page to override the change lead status functionality. We require that a Reason Rejected field value is selected when setting the Lead Status = Rejected so I dynamically render the Reason Rejected when Rejected is selected from the select box. Everything works great...except when the user presses the button from a lead list view that is filtered by a Campaign. When they attempt to do so, instead of seeing my custom page, they get something like:

LastName, status FROM Lead WHERE ((CampaignId = '701T00000001cZo') ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:83 No such column 'CampaignId' on entity 'Lead'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

My VF page references the standard Lead controller. Do I really need to create a custom controller just to make this work?

Hello,

Im trying to accomplish something like this:

select a.id,

a.MY_DUPEID__c,

a.FirstName,

b.Firstname as Firstname_Orig

from  Lead a

LEFT JOIN 

lead b 

on a.my_dupeid__c =b.id

WHERE

MY_DUPEID__c !=NULL

This has to be returned in 1 query.

Thanks in advance!

• June 30, 2009

The original submitter doesn't have access to certain fields, let's say PO number and License Number.  These fields need to be updated during a specific reviewal/approval step.

Is it possible to validate that these fields have been filled in during a specific approval step?  And if not dissallow approval?

Any help is very appreciated. 

We have a lot of custom fields on our Opp. products page.  It defaults to one long horizontal screen.  Is there a way to set up the page like the other object pages?  My sales reps find it difficult to have to keep scrolling to the right.

Hi,

We have a custom object that records the time that an event starts.  On creating this event it fires a SOAP packet to an external webservice.  This webservice treats the date as a string and doesn't perform any logic on it.  However, when the date reaches the external webservice the date is an hour out, the date was put into Salesforce as a BST date and appears to be exported as a GMT date.  I have checked the settings in our salesforce and it is set to BST Europe/London.  On exporting the users from our salesforce account their details match the accounts timezone. TIMEZONESIDKEY = 'Europe/London'.  there is no logic firing on the custom object side.  Any ideas what is going on here and how to fix it?

Thanks

Pete

I have created a custom object.

For that object i have created a tab.

I have created a new site, and i want to host this tab.

Can this be done?

Hi, I am pretty new to this and am hoping someone can help me.

Basically I want to create a button that will allow me to attach a number of secondary/sub custom objects to a primary custom object.

I would then be hoping to display the list of attached secondary/sub custom objects as a related list within the primary object.

I am missing something basic here and I don't know what it is.  How do you get the "Continue" and "Don't show me this again" buttons to be incorporated into the page?

I've created a VF Page (mostly stock html thus probably missing a apex section or something) and set it up as a Home tab Custom Link and then set it as my splash page for my custom tab. The page shows fine, but there are no buttons to dismiss the splash because there are no buttons.

So, what am I missing?  The only information I could dig up in Help, Apex Help and VF Help is the following:

Custom Tab Splash Page

You can add a splash page to any custom tabs in your app. Custom splash pages can include information about using the custom tab and custom object with links to additional information. They include a Continue button and a Don’t show me this again button.
Create the splash page for your app in the form of a custom link for the Home tab via Setup | Customize | Home | Custom Links. Custom links can be a URL to an HTML page or a custom s-control or Visualforce page. Create your custom splash page as a Home tab custom link and then add it as the splash page option to any custom tabs you plan to upload to AppExchange

Does anyone else find that they are getting a number of Package Upload and Package Installation Errors since the Spring09 release? Seems like ever since then we have been plagued by all sorts of issues that force us to go to Salesforce Support to get them resolved.

It has probably happened to us about 5 times now where we get an error like this:

If this error persists, contact Salesforce Support through your normal channels and reference number:  xxxxxxxxx-xxx (-xxxxxxxxx)

If we are doing something wrong, salesforce won't tell us and it's really making us look bad when we can't follow through with customers because of some unknown error that we apparently can't fix on our own. Then we have to wait a week to get it resolved.

Just wondering if this is a problem anyone else has been having since Spring 09, or if it's something directly related to the way in which we build and deploy these packages. (or maybe both)

I started a Visualforce template where I call a Static Resource (just happens to be an image file) - it appears great in the preview, but when the e-mail is sent the user gets a red box instead of the picture.

Is it possible for static resources or documents to be available to non-sf users outside of salesforce? Can I use them in a visual force template or link via a URL without authentication?

In my template I call it using
Code:
<apex:image url="{!$Resource.LetterHead}" />

Message Edited by BrianWK on 12-30-2008 11:02 AM
Hi everyone.  

Is there a Apex class method to get current Salesforce.com instance or URL at runtime?

I want to generate hyperlinks like https://na4.salesforce.com/{accountId} in code.  But I don't want to hard code 'na4'.

Every time I deploy the same code back to Sandbox, I must fix the instance manually.

Thanks in advance.

• August 04, 2008
We have just set up the Email to Case functionality and things are working, however, the email address of the original email is not getting populated in the case.  Should it be?

For example, if user@mail.com sends an email to our Inbox and that email is dropped into SalesForce as a new case, the email address of the user (user@mail.com) is not getting dropped into the case.  I would assume this is supposed to be dropped into the case.  Is there something we need to set up to make this work?

Thanks.
  • April 19, 2006