• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

When you convert a lead to a contact the campaign history gets converted as well.  I need to setup something like this for a custom object that I wrote.  I cannot just edit the workflow however because I'm not simply assigning data to a field, I'm migrating data from a related object over to the newly created contact, in order to maintain the relationship between these two objects. 

Could someone give me details on how campaign history is being converted over from lead to contact so I can duplicate the process?

Thank you.
For instance, an order might be identified by (order no, customer id, product id, salesrep id).  When I do a report on an order, I need to print the customer details (e.g. name, company, title), product details (e.g. product group, product name) and salesrep info (e.g. name, contact info).  Ideally I would like to create three masters (customer, product, salesrep) for one detail (order).  The documentation says I can only specify one master for a given detail table if the detail is a custom object.

Lookups allow me to customize the picklists with descriptive information, but this doesn't help me with reports.

Any ideas on how I can implement this?  Thanks.

• April 16, 2008