• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to assign record ownership on custom-object records as they are created via the API.  The custom object is called "Sales Quotes".  I would like to change the owner on each record from the login username used by the API to the same owner that is set on the Opportunity (Sales Quotes being related to Opportunity via lookup relationship). 

The preferred method would have been Workflow rule but the field update does not allow dynamic selection of user.  So I'm hoping this could be an easy Apex trigger that could run after each record is created.  Does anyone have any ideas to accomplish this easily and/or some sample code that would work?

Thanks from an Apex newbie!
  • December 09, 2008
I'm trying to assign record ownership on custom-object records as they are created via the API.  The custom object is called "Sales Quotes".  I would like to change the owner on each record from the login username used by the API to the same owner that is set on the Opportunity (Sales Quotes being related to Opportunity via lookup relationship). 

The preferred method would have been Workflow rule but the field update does not allow dynamic selection of user.  So I'm hoping this could be an easy Apex trigger that could run after each record is created.  Does anyone have any ideas to accomplish this easily and/or some sample code that would work?

Thanks from an Apex newbie!
  • December 09, 2008
Hello.  I'm fairly new to Salesforce and am struggling with a few things. 

I am trying to automatically populate a field from the Account record on the Opportunity.  Ideally it would be great if this field is updated on the Opportunity should it be changed on the Account, but that is not necessary.  I created a lookup field, but this just gives the search option, it does not auto-populate the details.  My guess is that I need to create an S-Control to accomplish my goal, but I could be wrong.  I've been searching success.salesforce and have reviewed several of the sites & tools on S-Controls, but being a novice to programming, it's not very intuitive (to me).  Is there an easier way to accomplish this?  If not, does anyone else have a similar field reference configuration?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
 - Mark

My organization has a small problem and we are looking for a solution to fix this issue. On the lead side we collect information in a particular field, and we would like to map this information to both the contact and the opportunity record upon converting.

As far as we are aware, SFDC does not allow duplicate mapping to occur. If I am wrong in this, please let me know and explain how I can make it happen. Our thought is then to create a 2nd custom field with a field formula that looks something like (field2 = field1) so that when we convert we can just map it to 2 locations.

Can anyone shed some light on this, and provide some assistance on how to solve this problem.