• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need to pass one value into a field called SE_Number__c to an event.  Here is the current button url, I need to pass the value into the event which is partically pre populated (see below) with one more value the value from the custom object is /00N70000002YIFj?setupid=CustomObjects, therefore I assume the value to pass is 00N70000002YIFj  I am just not sure how the syntax goes in teh url hack.  So far this is working, I have the record type all that good stuff.  I have created the new field on the event called SE_Number__c (same name on both objects).

/00U/e?what_id={!Service_Engagement__c.Id}&retURL=%2F{!Service_Engagement__c.Id}&RecordType=012700000009gHj&ent=Event

Thank you very much!!

I have an object called RMA, once the RMA form is filled out the person working with the RMA has to add an RMA Product. We have 3 different types of RMA's each type relates to they page layout. ie RMA Needs Inspection,  RMA New Items to be returned to stock,  RMA Warranty Return Process.

What I would like to know, I have a field on the RMA object called RMA Type (picklist) with three options ie. The RMA is for New Items to be returned to stock, can I set it so that when they click on the Add RMA Product, it will automatically open the first page layout of the RMA Products? And of course the same for the three different types. I do not want the user to have to choose the page layout if at all possible. I do not have a field on the RMA yet for the type, but can add this.

Thank you!

Hello All,

I would greatly appreciate any reccomenations for SFDC development consultants to help us with some ad-hoc issues and projects.  I have been using one in CA, but we are located near Boston, MA, I work early he works late the time difference is an issue!  I really would rather hear from customers who could suggest a good consultant, I can easily google and find folks, but would love to hear about someone you worked with and enjoyed the experience.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hello All,

I would greatly appreciate any reccomenations for SFDC development consultants to help us with some ad-hoc issues and projects.  I have been using one in CA, but we are located near Boston, MA, I work early he works late the time difference is an issue!  I really would rather hear from customers who could suggest a good consultant, I can easily google and find folks, but would love to hear about someone you worked with and enjoyed the experience.

I have a custom object called Service Engagements, and a related object called Service engagement parts.  I would like to create a validation rule so that when the user is in the service engagements, they are not able to create a Parts Request if the status of the SE is set to 'Ready for Billing'  'Billing Complete'  'Posted'  Complete - No Charge'.

The button for the Parts Request brings them to a visual force page, there is code in the class that is supposed to set this to readonly - true, and then gives a error message.  The problem is that for some strange reason (which I am still looking into) this does not work all the time, it is hit or miss.  I am working with the developer to figure out the issue, it is just taking a while. 

So in the meantime I was going to make a validation rule on the SE Parts request that says if the Service Engagement status is set to 'Ready for Billing'  'Billing Complete'  'Posted'  Complete - No Charge', it won't allow them to save it.  I realize this will be a pain for the user since they have already filled out the info, but they are supposed to check anyhow.

So the Parts Request Object I started a validation rules that looks at the status of the SE.  Service_Engagement__r.Status__c , but I have no idea how to write this (I am very new to this as you can tell).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I am guessing I can set this so that they can't save it just with the error message.

Thank you very much for any input.

I am not sure how to write this formula field (I am very new to this).  I have a field on the Acccount that is called National_Account_Status__c, this is a picklist with the following options:  None, Targeted, Current.  I need to just make an easy formula field to copy this field and the value over to the Opportunity.  What I did was create a field forumal named it and put int the formula Account.National_Account_Status__c, seems easy.  However I get the error that it is a picklist and I need to us ispickval.  I have used this in a formula field before but it was to calculate something.  I am not sure how to use it here.  

Again all I need is to copy this field over to the Opp.  One question though, if I create a new field with this formula field, will this work on Opporutnities that are already created or just new Opps? 

Thank you very much!

I do realize NA5 has issues, however, I have had problems moving a four line trigger and a 28 line test class into production for 3 days!  It does not fail it just disappears, no error, no failure.  I ususlly love SFDC tech support, but their Developer Support is much less than stellar!!  I am not sure what I am doing wrong, if anythign.  I create the change set, upload it then depoly, first time it ran since 7:45am when I left work at 5 it was still "in progress" when I came in the next day, nothing as if I did not even try to deploy this.  That happened 2 days in a row.  Last night it was a bit better I tried to deploy (as the TS told me for the 4th time!) and this morning it was sitting "waiting to deploy" with no logs or any information.

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

I have the following trigger, I have absolutely no idea how to write a test class to move this into production.  Not sure where to start, I am not a developer just needed this validation.. Starting to learn though.. Thanks in advance for any help.

trigger OppVIPnondelete on Opportunity (before delete) {
    for(Opportunity opp : trigger.Old){
        if(opp.Andover_VIP__c == true){
            opp.addError('This opportunity cannot be deleted, it has a VIP visit attached, if you have any questions please contact Joanne Donato');
        }
    }
}

First off, I am very new to development and or SFDC dev, so please excuse my ignorance.  I need some help creating a trigger that will NOT allow a user to delete an opportunity if one field Andover_VIP__c (which is a checkbox) is checked.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance..   I thought it would be an easy validation rule, but from research the validation rule can't be used for this.

Thanks again.

If I am not mistaken there is a way to create a Javascript button to pass info into a new custom object when you create a new form.

I have a custom object that has a lookup to the Opporunity, so when I create the new form it automatically fills that info in.  Howver, I would like it to also fill in the account and the bill to.  I am not sure how to do this, I think you can hack the URL but not sure how to do this.  I looked online, but don't exactly understand the quick info.  Thanks in advance.

I have a drop down picklist that if one of the options are chose I would like to Show another field. I know how to do dependancies, but want something a bit different just want this field to show up if they choose X.

thanks in advance.. 

I have created 2 objects, the process I created has changed and now I need to copy a ton fo fields from one custom object to another.  Is this possible?  I don't want to have to recreate them from scratch if at all possible.  I tried to do this in Eclipse but have no idea how.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

I just finished the App Dev 531 class, personally I didn't think it was very good, but that could have been due to other reasons than just the class.

I am looking for suggestions on where to start with Development.  I have been searching the web and haven't really found good resources for SFDC.  Anyone know of a good YouTube channel or good walk throughs?  I am new to development in general not just SFDC, however, I have written a few triggers, and tested some classes things like that.  I have not created a visual force page yet though. 

I have the following code.

IF(OR( Hunkeler_Opportunity__c,  Mailing_Systems_Opportunity__c), 0.5, IF( Amount < 40000, 0, IF( Amount < 80000, 0.3, IF( Amount < 150000, 0.4, 0.5))))

As you know the first line says if this is a Hunkeler Opporuntiy or mailin.. then use the first fomula.. That was easy.. Now I have another field called billing_type_c that if this is set to Direct Sale then it should use the first calculation also.  I just can't get the syntax right.. As you can tell I don't do this often at all .. So I greatly appreciate help.

Thanks!

First off I must tell you I am lost when it comes to Visualforce.  I know how to create an object add fields set layouts etc.  But nothing in Visualforce, I am not a programmer, but need to do one seemingly simple item in SFDC.  

We have a visualforce page, and I need to add a checkbox.  I created the field, added it to the layout and set the security (not that any was needed).  I thought it would be simple to add this field to the visualforce page, but knowing nothing it is not simple to me.  I added the field Transfer_Order_C it is a T/F checkbox.  What would be my last step to add this to the form.  There are two visual force pages that relate to this form.  This may be beyond my scope but thought I would ask if it wasn't difficult.  

Thank you in advance for any help.

Can apply at linked in.. More information on this link.

http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=4961956&trk=job_nov

Job Functions

• Configuration and customization of Salesforce.com
  • Research and understand requirements and capabilities to recommend best design/implementation approaches to meet business requirements.
  • Participate in all phases of software development/implementation including functional analysis, development of technical requirements, testing, deployment and support.
  • Develop visualforce solutions to meet User Interface and business process workflow customization needs.
  • Responsible for developing and maintaining the functional areas of data management, forecasting, accounts, leads, opportunities, dashboards and reports and any other functional areas as required
  • Creating and managing workflow rules, data validations, and object customizations
  • Monitor helpdesk tickets and provide solutions for end users.
  • Provide Training to end users in classes and individually.
  • Administer Salesforce.com environment, managing user set up, profiles, roles, and teams
  • Importing and exporting large volumes of data
  • Assists in the evaluation of App Exchange tools for feasibility and impact to the business
  • Create and maintain system interface diagrams, functional designs, and technical

We are looking to attract a highly capable, hands-on professional to take on a Salesforce.com Business Analyst/Developer position at Standard Duplicating Machines Corp, a leading North American supplier of digital print finishing/office equipment located in Andover, MA. Will be a key member of the IT team that provides support services to at our Andover location as well as across the U.S.  Standard is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that is pleased to offer competitive compensation, an attractive benefit package and an outstanding work enviro

Job Functions

• Research and understand requirements and capabilities to recommend best design/implementation approaches to meet business requirements.
  • Participate in all phases of software development/implementation including functional analysis, development of technical requirements, testing, deployment and support.
  • Develop visualforce solutions to meet User Interface and business process workflow customization needs.
  • Responsible for developing and maintaining the functional areas of data management, forecasting, accounts, leads, opportunities, dashboards and reports and any other functional areas as required
  • Creating and managing workflow rules, data validations, and object customizations
  • Administer Salesforce.com environment, managing user set up, profiles, roles, and teams
  • Assists in the evaluation of App Exchange tools for feasibility and impact to the business
  • Create and maintain system interface diagrams, functional designs, and technical specifications

Essential Qualifications

• B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience
  • 3+ years experience administering/developing on SalesForce / Force.com platform (Enterprise edition or higher)
  • Knowledge of VisualForce, Salesforce configurations, Apex classes, APEX Web services, API, and AppExchange deployment.  Or similar development background.
  • Knowledge and experience with Salesforce/Force.com API and toolkits for integration
  • Background in development of web-based solutions using JavaScript, HTML, XML and CSS
  • A strong understanding of relational database concepts with competency around MS SQL is necessary
  • Experience with SFDC AppExchange and other integrated applications.
  • Previous CRM implementation experience.
  • Experience with Conga Composer and Docusign a plus.
  • Positive, results driven, rational, logical, team player

Here is the basic job description please feel free to contact me directly at mwebb@sdmc.com if you are interested, I will be able to give you more information on the company and the positon.  Thank you!

Salesforce.com Business Analyst\Developer

Job Functions

• Create and maintain system interface diagrams, functional designs, and technical specifications

Essential Qualifications

• B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience
  • 3+ years experience administering/developing on SalesForce / Force.com platform (Enterprise edition or higher)
  • Knowledge of VisualForce, Salesforce configurations, Apex classes, APEX Web services, API, and AppExchange deployment.  Or similar development background.
  • Knowledge and experience with Salesforce/Force.com API and toolkits for integration
  • Background in development of web-based solutions using JavaScript, HTML, XML and CSS
  • A strong understanding of relational database concepts with competency around MS SQL is necessary
  • Experience with SFDC AppExchange and other integrated applications.
  • Previous CRM implementation experience.
  • Experience with Conga Composer and Docusign a plus.
  • Positive, results driven, rational, logical, team player

With the Blackberry application you could change to plain text and the SFDC application would open if you were sent a link via email.  Basically we want our sales reps to get a notification of their leads immediately and do a few items.. They are fairly simple just that the web page on the iPhone is a bit small would be much easier if it opened the app.  Anyone been able to do this? 

Thank you!

We have a bunch of users here that work "Flexible" hours, full time but not always 8 hours in a row.  We need a sort of clock in clock out application.  In addition we would like to be able to track our OT for our non excempt employees.  All of this will eventually go back to which opportunity or account the exempt folks are working on so I figured SFDC was the right place.

Any suggestions for applications?  Anyone doing this themselves?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I have an object called RMA, once the RMA form is filled out the person working with the RMA has to add an RMA Product. We have 3 different types of RMA's each type relates to they page layout. ie RMA Needs Inspection,  RMA New Items to be returned to stock,  RMA Warranty Return Process.

What I would like to know, I have a field on the RMA object called RMA Type (picklist) with three options ie. The RMA is for New Items to be returned to stock, can I set it so that when they click on the Add RMA Product, it will automatically open the first page layout of the RMA Products? And of course the same for the three different types. I do not want the user to have to choose the page layout if at all possible. I do not have a field on the RMA yet for the type, but can add this.

Thank you!

I am not sure how to write this formula field (I am very new to this).  I have a field on the Acccount that is called National_Account_Status__c, this is a picklist with the following options:  None, Targeted, Current.  I need to just make an easy formula field to copy this field and the value over to the Opportunity.  What I did was create a field forumal named it and put int the formula Account.National_Account_Status__c, seems easy.  However I get the error that it is a picklist and I need to us ispickval.  I have used this in a formula field before but it was to calculate something.  I am not sure how to use it here.  

Again all I need is to copy this field over to the Opp.  One question though, if I create a new field with this formula field, will this work on Opporutnities that are already created or just new Opps? 

Thank you very much!

I do realize NA5 has issues, however, I have had problems moving a four line trigger and a 28 line test class into production for 3 days!  It does not fail it just disappears, no error, no failure.  I ususlly love SFDC tech support, but their Developer Support is much less than stellar!!  I am not sure what I am doing wrong, if anythign.  I create the change set, upload it then depoly, first time it ran since 7:45am when I left work at 5 it was still "in progress" when I came in the next day, nothing as if I did not even try to deploy this.  That happened 2 days in a row.  Last night it was a bit better I tried to deploy (as the TS told me for the 4th time!) and this morning it was sitting "waiting to deploy" with no logs or any information.

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

I have the following trigger, I have absolutely no idea how to write a test class to move this into production.  Not sure where to start, I am not a developer just needed this validation.. Starting to learn though.. Thanks in advance for any help.

trigger OppVIPnondelete on Opportunity (before delete) {
    for(Opportunity opp : trigger.Old){
        if(opp.Andover_VIP__c == true){
            opp.addError('This opportunity cannot be deleted, it has a VIP visit attached, if you have any questions please contact Joanne Donato');
        }
    }
}

First off, I am very new to development and or SFDC dev, so please excuse my ignorance.  I need some help creating a trigger that will NOT allow a user to delete an opportunity if one field Andover_VIP__c (which is a checkbox) is checked.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance..   I thought it would be an easy validation rule, but from research the validation rule can't be used for this.

Thanks again.

If I am not mistaken there is a way to create a Javascript button to pass info into a new custom object when you create a new form.

I have a custom object that has a lookup to the Opporunity, so when I create the new form it automatically fills that info in.  Howver, I would like it to also fill in the account and the bill to.  I am not sure how to do this, I think you can hack the URL but not sure how to do this.  I looked online, but don't exactly understand the quick info.  Thanks in advance.

I have the following code.

IF(OR( Hunkeler_Opportunity__c,  Mailing_Systems_Opportunity__c), 0.5, IF( Amount < 40000, 0, IF( Amount < 80000, 0.3, IF( Amount < 150000, 0.4, 0.5))))

As you know the first line says if this is a Hunkeler Opporuntiy or mailin.. then use the first fomula.. That was easy.. Now I have another field called billing_type_c that if this is set to Direct Sale then it should use the first calculation also.  I just can't get the syntax right.. As you can tell I don't do this often at all .. So I greatly appreciate help.

Thanks!

First off I must tell you I am lost when it comes to Visualforce.  I know how to create an object add fields set layouts etc.  But nothing in Visualforce, I am not a programmer, but need to do one seemingly simple item in SFDC.  

We have a visualforce page, and I need to add a checkbox.  I created the field, added it to the layout and set the security (not that any was needed).  I thought it would be simple to add this field to the visualforce page, but knowing nothing it is not simple to me.  I added the field Transfer_Order_C it is a T/F checkbox.  What would be my last step to add this to the form.  There are two visual force pages that relate to this form.  This may be beyond my scope but thought I would ask if it wasn't difficult.  

Thank you in advance for any help.

We currently use Lotus Notes 8, and once the notes connector is installed, Lotus Notes won't open.  I have been informed by salesforce tech support that it is not currently supported, and they have no idea when it will be supported.

Has anyone heard any different?  Or, has anyone had success with integrating with Lotus Notes 8?