• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've noticed that in some of my Visualforce pages the buttons in a pageBlockButtons only work at the bottom, and not the top.   The page goes away but returns unchanged and with the action not taken.   At the bottom the actions work perfectly, those at the top do nothing.

I have no Javascript in the page, and no errors appear from either the developer log or the code console.

Anyone else have this?   I'd put up the code, but it happens in about 10% of my pages, and I cannot see any common link.

• December 07, 2012

We have a problem with "Chatter Required" being forced on when uploading a managed package.    Before Summer 2012 this was not being forced on.   We don't use or refer to Chatter in the app and never have.  What is causing this?

An Eclipse source code search for "Chattter" just comes up with some new unused settings in a Permission Set.   Is it that that is forcing Chatter to be required.

Anyone else with a problem like this?  Or better an idea what to switch off to get nback to a Chatter free app.

The problem,of course, is that some of our cusotmers don't use Chatter (cover your ears Mr Benioff) and don't want to.  We don't want to force this on them.

According to the help files you can search for text within DOCX files.    A don't seem to be able to get this working.  Exactly the same file saved as DOC format from Word is located.  But not the DocX Word 2007 version.  

See:-

https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/docs_search.htm - it is supposed to search DocX.

Note there is no security on the files I'm trying.  Is this a bug?

• March 16, 2012
Is there any way to use Apex Classes in visualforce pages?   If I have one of my own classes I can refer to it in a page from a property of the controller.   I can also pass it to components - but I can't do much else.   Specifically if my class has properties I would like to use their values.  I can't get this to work.

For example if my class has a "public string Name" variable.   I can even add a "public string getName() {return Name;}" property-like method.   But in the page I can't refer to {!myInstance.Name} if myInstance is a controller property returning an item of my class.

SObjects seem to be the only values where the dot notation to get to properties actually works.

If I retunr a list of my class from the controller property I can then use the properties of my class in a repeat loop.   I just can't with a single item - not unless I do something goofy like return a list of one item.

Am I missing something?

Message Edited by ColinC on 06-19-2008 08:46 AM

I've noticed that in some of my Visualforce pages the buttons in a pageBlockButtons only work at the bottom, and not the top.   The page goes away but returns unchanged and with the action not taken.   At the bottom the actions work perfectly, those at the top do nothing.

I have no Javascript in the page, and no errors appear from either the developer log or the code console.

Anyone else have this?   I'd put up the code, but it happens in about 10% of my pages, and I cannot see any common link.

• December 07, 2012
Is there any way to use Apex Classes in visualforce pages?   If I have one of my own classes I can refer to it in a page from a property of the controller.   I can also pass it to components - but I can't do much else.   Specifically if my class has properties I would like to use their values.  I can't get this to work.

For example if my class has a "public string Name" variable.   I can even add a "public string getName() {return Name;}" property-like method.   But in the page I can't refer to {!myInstance.Name} if myInstance is a controller property returning an item of my class.

SObjects seem to be the only values where the dot notation to get to properties actually works.

If I retunr a list of my class from the controller property I can then use the properties of my class in a repeat loop.   I just can't with a single item - not unless I do something goofy like return a list of one item.

Am I missing something?

Message Edited by ColinC on 06-19-2008 08:46 AM