• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hey,

Having a problem updating an Account Name where an ampersand is present.

PHP is returning the following error:
Uncaught SoapFault exception: [soapenv:Client] The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.

Now I've tried escaping the ampersand (eg: \&) to no avail... Is there a way to use this character with PHP / Salesforce API ? Can I use Unicode or HTML encoding on this?
  • May 29, 2007
how do i run an SOQL query? i want to update the description of all Opportunity to "hi".. rest i will figure out..
i wanna copy the value in a custom field in Opportunity to a custom field in the corresponding Account.

i did this successfully with a custom button in Opportunity an if i click the button the value gets copied. But i want this done for all the Opportunities. How can i do this? The code for the custom button is given below..

var acc = new sforce.SObject("Account");
var newRecords = [];
acc.id = "{!Opportunity.AccountId}";
acc.Test__c = "{!Opportunity.Test__c}";
if ("{!Opportunity.StageName}"=="Closed Won")
{
    newRecords.push(acc);
    result = sforce.connection.update(newRecords);
}
else
{
    alert("Sorry this opportunity is not Closed Won");
}

How do i loop through all the Opportunities? Using "For Each" or something like that..
i created a new custom object.. i need to move the data in some fields of an existing custom object to this new custom object.. how do i do that programmatically??
the full sandbox can be refreshed only once in 30 days? once i make some changes and i want to revert it back to the copy of the live environment i have to wait for 30 days???
how do i delete a custom link?
how do we insert data into custom objects which are not tabs?
If i edit the Custom Objects in the Sandbox can i transfer these edited Custom Objects to Production??
what happens to the reports and workflow rules which use a Custom Object when i delete it?
can i export the cutom objects i created??

how do i export the data and relations of custom objects and the inbuilt objects?

i am trying to copy the data and structure in one account to another..
how do you send automated emails for the events we create??
I know I have to use query all or all rows or something but I can't figure it out. I always get the error: "MALFORMED_QUERY - ALL ROWS not allowed in this context". What does this mean?

I've tried with no luck:
SELECT Id, isDeleted FROM OpportunityLineItem WHERE isDeleted = true All ROWS
SELECT Id, isDeleted FROM OpportunityLineItem WHERE isDeleted = true QUERY ALL

Thanks,
Jason

• August 27, 2008
If i edit the Custom Objects in the Sandbox can i transfer these edited Custom Objects to Production??
plz reply for this asap. Is thre any coding standard for Apex,Visualforce and S-control developement at salesforce site.
Is it possible to customize the left nav bar to show custom links so users can navigate directly to a particular tab ?
If I select a report type category , say 'Accounts & Contacts' in the first step of report making (In the Report Wizard - while Creating a New Custom Report) , there are too many standard report types in the list , like Account History, Contact History, Contact with Assets etc which arent very useful to me. I want to hide/ delete those report types.Is it possible ??

Or can i create a separate 'Report Type Category' so that i can place all the custom report types which i feel are useful to me under the category ?
Select Id, Billing_City__c, Billing_Country__c FROM Contact WHERE Billing_City__c = Billing_Country_c

From the above SOQL i will get a error message saying that "Billing_Country_c" must be a string that have ' '.
But the purpose of my SOQL is to find out whether Billing_City_c got any duplicates in Billing_Country_c

Can any1 help me?

Thanks
  • May 06, 2008
Hey,

Having a problem updating an Account Name where an ampersand is present.

PHP is returning the following error:
Uncaught SoapFault exception: [soapenv:Client] The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.

Now I've tried escaping the ampersand (eg: \&) to no avail... Is there a way to use this character with PHP / Salesforce API ? Can I use Unicode or HTML encoding on this?
  • May 29, 2007