• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Force.com IDE: when retrieving profiles... They are empty... There is no information beyond these two lines:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Profile xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata"/>

I've seen this work in the past, where the object and field permission all showed up in the .profile file.

Is there any issue with  Force.com IDE 14.0.2 on Eclipse 3.3.1.1?

Thx

I'm not sure if I'm blind or not ;) but I can't see in the docs a way to predefine which radio option is selected/checked... in pure HTML this is trivial - why can't I do this in Visualforce?

Is this an oversight here...

Hi There,

Not sure this is a bug or user-error :-)

When I try to Add/Remove Metadata component for email (templates), it’s not showing the "Unfiled Public Email Templates"? Same thing seems to hold true for reports… what gives?

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11">

Hi There

I was trying to find documentation and/or sample code that demonstrates the different use cases for save, save!, create and create!

In particular, I’d like the proper method to (let’s say) create a new Account, and they “attach” Contacts to this new Account. I know that SFDC API “create” returns the newly created object id (if successful).

How would I do this in Ruby/ActiveSalesforce?

What does “create” in ActiveSalesforce actually return?

Thx

Force.com IDE... Why is add/remove component so slow?
It's a real drag...
Happy New Year
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11">

Hi There,

I’ve used the IDE Deploy once before and it worked like a charm.

Now I have a custom object, a custom tab, 2 triggers and a test class (I get 100% coverage) to deply from sandbox to production.

I Fire-up Deploy, plug in all the info, select the items to deploy, validate is fine, deploy is fine… BUT THERE IS ABSOLUTELY  NOTHING DEPLOYED TO PROD (from sandbox).

Any ideas?

THX

Hi There,
Does anyone else see this: Visualforce Page Editor (Dev Mode) in FF 3.0.1 blurry and almost non-usable.
It drove me to the point where I tried IE :(    Of course, the Force.com Eclipse Plug-In works wonderfully...
Unfortunately I don't have a place to host an image of the issue.

I'd like to write an s-control using the Ajax toolkit but I’d like the window that opens up to be of a specific mime (sub) type!

Not HTML!!!! Can this be done?

Thx in advance,

Force.com IDE: when retrieving profiles... They are empty... There is no information beyond these two lines:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Profile xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata"/>

I've seen this work in the past, where the object and field permission all showed up in the .profile file.

Is there any issue with  Force.com IDE 14.0.2 on Eclipse 3.3.1.1?

Thx

I'm not sure if I'm blind or not ;) but I can't see in the docs a way to predefine which radio option is selected/checked... in pure HTML this is trivial - why can't I do this in Visualforce?

Is this an oversight here...

Hi There,

Not sure this is a bug or user-error :-)

When I try to Add/Remove Metadata component for email (templates), it’s not showing the "Unfiled Public Email Templates"? Same thing seems to hold true for reports… what gives?

Force.com IDE... Why is add/remove component so slow?
It's a real drag...
Happy New Year

Hi There,

I’ve used the IDE Deploy once before and it worked like a charm.

Now I have a custom object, a custom tab, 2 triggers and a test class (I get 100% coverage) to deply from sandbox to production.

I Fire-up Deploy, plug in all the info, select the items to deploy, validate is fine, deploy is fine… BUT THERE IS ABSOLUTELY  NOTHING DEPLOYED TO PROD (from sandbox).

Any ideas?

THX

Hi There,
Does anyone else see this: Visualforce Page Editor (Dev Mode) in FF 3.0.1 blurry and almost non-usable.
It drove me to the point where I tried IE :(    Of course, the Force.com Eclipse Plug-In works wonderfully...
Unfortunately I don't have a place to host an image of the issue.
Hi there --

I'm setting up a trigger to automatically generate an autoresponse e-mail when a case is opened through our website (which requires a secure login).

I have everything working as I want it, except that I can't seem to access the Case.ThreadID that we use for our e-mail templates from within the trigger. I've searched documentation, but can't find out how to refer to it in SOQL land. We need it for when customers reply to the auto-response - otherwise, a new case is created, which we want to avoid.

Help?

Here's the code:

trigger SendAutoResponse on Case (after insert) {

// Iterate over each sObject
for (Case a : Trigger.new) { }

String CaseId = [Select Id, ParentId, SuppliedName, CaseNumber, UID__c, AID__c, Description FROM Case WHERE Id IN :Trigger.new].Id;
String ContactID = [Select Id, ContactID FROM Case WHERE Id IN :Trigger.new].ContactID;

// Create a new single email message object
// that will send out a single email to the addresses in the To, CC & BCC list.
Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();

// Specify the address used when the recipients reply to the email.
mail.setReplyTo('us@ourdomain.com');
// Specify the name used as the display name.
mail.setSenderDisplayName('Our Support');

// Who do I send the e-mail to?
mail.setTargetObjectId(ContactID);

// Specify the text content of the email.
mail.setTemplateId('00X50000000phlB');
mail.setWhatID(CaseID);

// Send the email you have created.
Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });

// Saves as an acivity.
mail.setSaveAsActivity(true);

}

Many thanks -

I'd like to write an s-control using the Ajax toolkit but I’d like the window that opens up to be of a specific mime (sub) type!

Not HTML!!!! Can this be done?

Thx in advance,