• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I would like to pass contact ids and contact emails of select contacts from a contact list view
to an external application.

I have written an HTML S-Control

I can use  !GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Contact) to get the list of select contact ids.

Is there something similar to get other fields like email as well ?

I do not want to use APEX or the AJAX toolkit, because the user is running Group edition.
I found an example s-control at http://blogs.salesforce.com/features/files/salesforce_useful_scontrols.pdf.  The example is:
  1. Define a custom list button with the following attributes:
  • Display Type is "List Button"
  • Behavior is "Execute JavaScript"
  • Content Source is "OnClick JavaScript"
  • Use the following sample code:
 idArray = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Contact)};
 alert("The Ids you have selected are: "+idArray);
 Note: This example is for contacts. Change the object type for a different type of record.

I'm trying to get a list of custom objects selected on a related list.   I'm looking at a 'Requsition' details page, with a related list of 'Candidates'.   I'd like to be able to select a number of the candidate objects on the related list and then click on the s-control to loop through each of the ones selected.

The example says to 'Change the object type for a different type of record'.   I've tried my object names of Candidates and Requisition, but always get a syntax error of "Error: Field Candidate does not exist. Check spelling."

How can I get the GETRECORDIDS function to work?   Note I'm using Team Edition that doesn't have the AJAX API.

Thanks,
Gregory