• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am using force.com IDE Eclipse tool to code asynchronous Apex method in a class but not able to save. I get "Save error: Asynchronous Apex not enabled error".  Any idea?

Here is part of the Apex class code that matter:

Code:
public class FirmAddressSync_Async {

@future
     Public static void updateContact(Set<Id> accountIds, String idString, Account[] TriggerOld)
     {
   integer x = 0;
   integer y = 0;
   Contact[] contactToUpdate = new Contact[]{};
       Map<String, String> contactIds = new Map<String, String>();
}
}

I have the standard object "Opportunity" having two lookup fields to Account. One is the standard "Account Name" that looks up to Account Object. Then, I have another custom field "Consultant_Firm__c" that lookup to Account also.

I wrote a S-Control on Opportunity to override its "New" button and I can reference {!Account.Id} without any problem when I am on an Account that links to the Opportunity through the standard "Account Name' lookup.

However, when I am on an Account that links to Opportunity through the "Consultant_Firm__c" lookup field, neither {!Account.Id} nor {!Opportunity.Consultant_Firm__r.Id} would work.

I still don't understand what merge fields are, how they are defined and I think this probably has something to do with merge fields. Can this format {!.....} work on a custom lookup field?

Thank you!
Christine
I am using force.com IDE Eclipse tool to code asynchronous Apex method in a class but not able to save. I get "Save error: Asynchronous Apex not enabled error".  Any idea?

Here is part of the Apex class code that matter:

Code:
public class FirmAddressSync_Async {

@future
     Public static void updateContact(Set<Id> accountIds, String idString, Account[] TriggerOld)
     {
   integer x = 0;
   integer y = 0;
   Contact[] contactToUpdate = new Contact[]{};
       Map<String, String> contactIds = new Map<String, String>();
}
}

Does anyone know how to get date format for current user in scontrol?

The reason for date format is date picker. When I assign a date value to date picker, it must be locale oriented. Otherwise, s-control may assign date as DD/MM/YYY, instead of MM/DD/YYYY.

I know UserContext.dateFormat is the right variable.  But I can't find the method to get the value.  We have users around the world using several locale. So, hardcode is not an option.

Thanks in advance

I have the standard object "Opportunity" having two lookup fields to Account. One is the standard "Account Name" that looks up to Account Object. Then, I have another custom field "Consultant_Firm__c" that lookup to Account also.

I wrote a S-Control on Opportunity to override its "New" button and I can reference {!Account.Id} without any problem when I am on an Account that links to the Opportunity through the standard "Account Name' lookup.

However, when I am on an Account that links to Opportunity through the "Consultant_Firm__c" lookup field, neither {!Account.Id} nor {!Opportunity.Consultant_Firm__r.Id} would work.

I still don't understand what merge fields are, how they are defined and I think this probably has something to do with merge fields. Can this format {!.....} work on a custom lookup field?

Thank you!
Christine