• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I want to create a new managed package but I already have one.  I usually just deprecate the existing package and then delete it.  However, the last package I created is not letting me deprecate the package, the button is greyed out.  Anyone know why that might be the case?

Shiztastic
Is there any reason the Schema.getGlobalDescribe() method would suddenly stop returning anything?  I have noticed this strange intermittent behavior seems to start when I run test cases.  Sometimes the getGlobalDescribe will just stop returning anything for a day or so and then it just magically starts back up again.

Any info on why this happens would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Shiztastic

Message Edited by Shiztastic on 10-21-2008 02:45 PM
I read that visualforce pages currently cannot be included in a package which forces me to use an alternative like Eclipse.  My question is: Does this leave the code available to anyone on the production environment?  Is there a way to hide the apex code?

Shiztastic
What is the best way (if there is one) to send a record ID to a visualforce page and have the page determine the record type?

The ID could represent a contact record, account record, etc.  Do you need to add some javascript to get the DescribeGlobal method and loop thru some metadata and process the ID that way?

Thanks for any info...

Shiztastic

What's the best way to programmatically grab an object's id / name?  Can I create an s-control that is generic enough to parse the URL and determine if I am looking at a Contract record or an Account record or a custom record?   Is that even the best way to determine object type?

I am new to Salesforce and any guidance would be great.  Thanks.

Shiztastic

Message Edited by Shiztastic on 05-30-2008 10:33 AM
I want to create a new managed package but I already have one.  I usually just deprecate the existing package and then delete it.  However, the last package I created is not letting me deprecate the package, the button is greyed out.  Anyone know why that might be the case?

Shiztastic
Is there any reason the Schema.getGlobalDescribe() method would suddenly stop returning anything?  I have noticed this strange intermittent behavior seems to start when I run test cases.  Sometimes the getGlobalDescribe will just stop returning anything for a day or so and then it just magically starts back up again.

Any info on why this happens would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Shiztastic

Message Edited by Shiztastic on 10-21-2008 02:45 PM
I read that visualforce pages currently cannot be included in a package which forces me to use an alternative like Eclipse.  My question is: Does this leave the code available to anyone on the production environment?  Is there a way to hide the apex code?

Shiztastic
What is the best way (if there is one) to send a record ID to a visualforce page and have the page determine the record type?

The ID could represent a contact record, account record, etc.  Do you need to add some javascript to get the DescribeGlobal method and loop thru some metadata and process the ID that way?

Thanks for any info...

Shiztastic

What's the best way to programmatically grab an object's id / name?  Can I create an s-control that is generic enough to parse the URL and determine if I am looking at a Contract record or an Account record or a custom record?   Is that even the best way to determine object type?

I am new to Salesforce and any guidance would be great.  Thanks.

Shiztastic

Message Edited by Shiztastic on 05-30-2008 10:33 AM