• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I created a section in the "Opportunity" tab called Order Book. I would like to require certain fields in this section to be *required only when we change the stage of the Opportunity to Closed Won. I'm not sure where to start with this......
We are using a Work Flow rules that forces an update of the Opportunity Close Date if it is less than or equal to today's date.

CloseDate  <=  TODAY()

We have created a section in the Opportunity called Order Book.

During the sales process and after there is information in the Order Book that needs to be entered and or updated. The Work Flow rule requires us to move the Close Date forward even after the Opportunity has been changed to Closed Won. To keep Opportunity information accurate we don't want to keep moving the date forward not to mention it's a hassle. I keep getting a syntax error in this formula, any suggestions?

CloseDate  <=  TODAY()  AND Stage < ClosedWon 

Error: Syntax error. Extra AND

We have created a survey in Custom Objects. One of the questions does not always apply so we leave the answer blank. When we go to average the scores, these are questions where the respondant replies with a rating 1-10, the average includes that question as part of the overall average. To avoid that we thought we could just create a rule in advanced filters

Question 11 not equal to and then we leave the field blank.

It works but it excludes the entire survey. UGH!

Is there a way to exclude the one question if the answer is blank, but include the rest of the questions on the survey?

Thank you!
I would like to create a report that shows that for example:

Bob Johnson - Quota 7 million and is currently at 4.5 million.

I think I would use the "Custom Summary Formulas" on Step 2 "Select the information to summarize", but I'm not good with formulas.

The report would then be used to create a dashboard with a chart showing that Bob was at 4.5 million of his 7 million quota.

Right now you can only report on existing Closed Won sales so the graph only goes to that number and does not extend beyond to the quota amount.
Hey,
I'm trying to find out the upcoming key anniversary dates based on birthdate field. I have found samples that calculate age or next birthday of a person, but I would like to be able to calculate specific upcoming birthdays like 20th, 30th, 40th birthday...

Any ideas? I thought that this would have been quite simple thing to do, but it wasn't :smileysurprised:

It would be also interesting to know how to do this with months (for example: birthdate (yyyy-mm-dd) 1988-10-20
+ 240 months (=20 years)). How to find / calculate those upcoming dates??
I created a section in the "Opportunity" tab called Order Book. I would like to require certain fields in this section to be *required only when we change the stage of the Opportunity to Closed Won. I'm not sure where to start with this......
In the last week or so it seems like something changed in Salesforce which is causing my workflow rules to disregard the evaluation criteria that I have selected.

I have an auto-email sent out for two separate stages of an opportunity, and the evaluation criteria I have selected is "When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria".

It however is ignoring this if someone changes the account that the opportunity is listed under and sending out the email.

Cause and Steps:
1. Sales person creates and saves an opportunity under the agency account that they are working directly with .
2. Their manager or I remind them that it needs to be under the client account that is working with the agency (the brand).
3. They return to their opportunity and change the account to reflect the correct account and save.
4. Salesforce sends out the auto-emails via workflow.

Expected:
The workflow evaluation criteria would avoid this being sent out again, because in most cases it has already been sent.

I can see what's happening... they are storing the criteria which is being evaluated at the Account level and so when they switch it is thinking that it's a new opportunity so it's applying my workflow... any ideas on how to get this fixed or of a workaround?

Message Edited by Jenell_L on 07-30-2008 12:57 PM
So I just noticed that when you close an Opportunity in SFDC, the Close Date does not automatically update to the day that the closed stage was selected.  For some reason, I always thought (or assumed) that it did.  Does anyone use validation rules or workflow rules in any way to automatically set the close date to "today" when a Stage is changed from an open to a closed value?  I'd love to hear how you've done it if you have.

If the rep does not update Close Date, we can get deals falling in quarters where they do not belong and other messy data.
We have created a survey in Custom Objects. One of the questions does not always apply so we leave the answer blank. When we go to average the scores, these are questions where the respondant replies with a rating 1-10, the average includes that question as part of the overall average. To avoid that we thought we could just create a rule in advanced filters

Question 11 not equal to and then we leave the field blank.

It works but it excludes the entire survey. UGH!

Is there a way to exclude the one question if the answer is blank, but include the rest of the questions on the survey?

Thank you!
I would like to create a report that shows that for example:

Bob Johnson - Quota 7 million and is currently at 4.5 million.

I think I would use the "Custom Summary Formulas" on Step 2 "Select the information to summarize", but I'm not good with formulas.

The report would then be used to create a dashboard with a chart showing that Bob was at 4.5 million of his 7 million quota.

Right now you can only report on existing Closed Won sales so the graph only goes to that number and does not extend beyond to the quota amount.
hi all,

i've recently be assigned the admin role and not sure how to set up a time dependent workflow based on the last activity...

scenerio - when there is no activity at the contact level within 30 days, a custom checkbox at the contact level gets checked off.

can anyone help?  any insight would be greatly appreciated!

thanks
-ascarl2 

Message Edited by ascarl2 on 06-04-2008 05:29 AM