• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We were successfully using Chatter in the Beta Version.  After our scheduled maintenance, we had to troubleshoot chatter and I was sent some IT instructions.  Once implemented, Chatter is working.  However, the Chatter Combo Pack is not working at all.  I uninstalled it and when I try to reinstall it, I cannot find the install.  Everything I click on says that the page is no longer available.  Obviously I haven't had time to read all the new release notes, could someone please advise?

As stated on other messages, I realize that this is not a supported App.  However, we are using Beta Chatter and I have followed the steps to install this app - GoogleAlertstoChatter.  It was easy to configure and in theory is very well received by our Sales and Management.  Not sure yet if it is working, since it is not clear where the notifications will be listed - I assume in the Chatter Notifications.   One problem issue is that whenever I do a merge of Accounts or Contacts, whether using Salesforce directly or Demand Tools, I am getting the following error email.  I need to know if this has to do with our Email Server, GoogleAlertstoChatter email, or something else with the APEX class. 

Apex script unhandled exception by user/organization: 00500000006uBVl/00D00000000heIs

Failed to invoke future method 'public static void executeGoogleAlertsCallouts(LIST:String, LIST:String, LIST:String)'

caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

Class.GoogleAlertToChatter.executeGoogleAlertsCallouts: line 239, column 63 External entry point

Debug Log:

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

As stated on other messages, I realize that this is not a supported App.  However, we are using Beta Chatter and I have followed the steps to install this app - GoogleAlertstoChatter.  It was easy to configure and in theory is very well received by our Sales and Management.  Not sure yet if it is working, since it is not clear where the notifications will be listed - I assume in the Chatter Notifications.   One problem issue is that whenever I do a merge of Accounts or Contacts, whether using Salesforce directly or Demand Tools, I am getting the following error email.  I need to know if this has to do with our Email Server, GoogleAlertstoChatter email, or something else with the APEX class. 

Apex script unhandled exception by user/organization: 00500000006uBVl/00D00000000heIs

Failed to invoke future method 'public static void executeGoogleAlertsCallouts(LIST:String, LIST:String, LIST:String)'

caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

Class.GoogleAlertToChatter.executeGoogleAlertsCallouts: line 239, column 63 External entry point

Debug Log:

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have the time off manager installed and working, but the calendar s-control is not working.  It gives me an error stating that 'calendar' is not defined, but I can't see the problem.  Has anyone run into this?
  • January 07, 2009
Is it possible to add fields on a page from a standard button (convert page)?  What i'm trying to do is add two fields on the page that displays after I click "Convert" from the lead page layout.  Our problem is we have two fields on the account page that are required but the reps aren't required to fill them out unless they edit the account page... I'm wanting to avoid adding these required fields to the lead layout because they may not know then answer until right before they want to convert them into contacts. 

I tried to Override the Convert button but its over my head...

Any ideas, solutions or best practices?? 
We are a Seattle-based salesforce.com Certified Consultant. We are looking for a new consultant who can assist in the business process analysis and CRM requirements analysis for implementing salesforcec.com. This person also would assist existing salesforce.com customers in developing custom reports, dashboards, and configuration as well as data importing. Some user and administration training also would be done. We would prefer someone with 1-3 years of salesforce.com administration experience. Knowledge of SQL and Java helpful, but not required.

Send your resume to jobs@salespath.com.