• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to dynamically display one or more pageBlockSection's based on the values of a multi-select picklist, using the "rendered" attribute. I've been trying to use the INCLUDES operator, also TEXT and CONTAINS, but have had no luck so far!

rendered="{INCLUDES(!account.Business_Unit__c, 'Business1')}"

If 'Business1' is one of the values selected in the picklist "Business_Unit__c", then the section should be rendered, but it's not showing up, no matter what combination of picklist values and operators I try.

If I try,

rendered="{!account.Business_Unit__c = 'Business1'}"

and 'Business1' is the only picklist value selected, then of course the section is displayed.

Any help with this issue would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,

BC

• September 12, 2009
Hello Folks,

I have a custom object with two masters, until recently it was working fine and we were able to create records for this object, with roll-up summaries on both of the master objects.  I am not sure what triggered the error, but sometime yesterday it started, and now every time we try to create a record we get an "internal server error," with the following details:

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01422: exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows
ORA-06512: at "DOC.CCUSTOMENTITYDATATEMPLATE", line 117
ORA-06512: at "DOC.CCUSTOMENTITYDATATEMPLATE", line 856
ORA-06512: at line 1
: {call cCustomEntityDataTemplate.insert_custentdatas(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)})}

Anyone ever experience anything like this? I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the relationships I've set up between the objects, but I don't believe I'm doing anything particularly troublesome, just roll-ups and some formulas using that roll-up data.

I've logged a case, so we'll see what happens, but I'd greatly appreciate any comments anyone has.

Thank you!

BC
"Cross-Object Formulas" can only reference related merge fields from their 'parent' records.

I don't think it would be so hard to extend this functionality and allow for 'child' referencing as well.

So why hasn't it been done?  Why wasn't this function implimented at the same time?

Is it a pricing scheme?  Or is my understanding of the system just flawed?

I'd love to have some enlightenment on this issue, your comments are very welcome!

BC
I have two related custom objects in a one to many relationship.  I enter the basic data for the main object, then use the related lists area to make one or more of the secondary objects, and enter data into them.  I'd like to be able (if possible) to enter this data at the same time from the main object tab, without having to go to the secondary object page.  I wouldn't need the ability to create an infinite amount of the secondary objects from the main object page, just maybe 3 or so.  Then if more were necessary, one could use the "new" button on the related lists area, like I'm doing now.

If there is a way to do this, or a way to create multiple lines within an object without having to create new fields for each one, I'd greatly appreciate any and all help.

Thank you very much,

BC

I'm trying to dynamically display one or more pageBlockSection's based on the values of a multi-select picklist, using the "rendered" attribute. I've been trying to use the INCLUDES operator, also TEXT and CONTAINS, but have had no luck so far!

rendered="{INCLUDES(!account.Business_Unit__c, 'Business1')}"

If 'Business1' is one of the values selected in the picklist "Business_Unit__c", then the section should be rendered, but it's not showing up, no matter what combination of picklist values and operators I try.

If I try,

rendered="{!account.Business_Unit__c = 'Business1'}"

and 'Business1' is the only picklist value selected, then of course the section is displayed.

Any help with this issue would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,

BC

• September 12, 2009
In a visual force page, within the apex:page block, I specify the title and the page renders the title tag within the head section of the page,  but the page title in IE still shows the URL in the header and tab name.  Am I missing something?
Message Edited by Malathan on 05-22-2009 09:24 AM
One of the largest pain points with inline visualforce pages is that the height is static even though the content may be dynamic. The response from salesforce.com has been:

"As for iframes, they do not provide a "dynamic height" capability natively. If the domain of the page that served the iframe is the same as that of the page that is embedded in the iframe then you can write script that resizes the frame to fit the contents but this is something that is not possible for Visualforce pages since they are now served from force.com."

Well....I tried this and it now works. I added this inline page to a layout and in the settings set the height to 15px. Once loaded it dynamically adjusts the height based on the content. So far I have tested with FF3 and IE6, works on both.

<apex:page standardcontroller="Opportunity">
Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's
standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make
a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting,
remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing
Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions
of Lorem Ipsum. Why do we use it? It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable
content of a page when looking at its layout. The point of using Lorem Ipsum is that it has a more-or-less normal
distribution of letters, as opposed to using 'Content here, content here', making it look like readable English.
Many desktop publishing packages and web page editors now use Lorem Ipsum as their default model text, and a search
for 'lorem ipsum' will uncover many web sites still in their infancy. Various versions have evolved over the years,
sometimes by accident, sometimes on purpose (injected humour and the like).Where does it come from? Contrary to popular
belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making
it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of
the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical
literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum
et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics,
very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in
section 1.10.32. The standard chunk of Lorem Ipsum used since the 1500s is reproduced below for those interested. Sections
1.10.32 and 1.10.33 from "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" by Cicero are also reproduced in their exact original form,
accompanied by English versions from the 1914 translation by H. Rackham. Where can I get some? There are many variations
of passages of Lorem Ipsum available, but the majority have suffered alteration in some form, by injected humour, or randomised
words which don't look even slightly believable. If you are going to use a passage of Lorem Ipsum, you need to be sure there
isn't anything embarrassing hidden in the middle of text. All the Lorem Ipsum generators on the Internet tend to repeat
predefined chunks as necessary, making this the first true generator on the Internet. It uses a dictionary of over 200
Latin words, combined with a handful of model sentence structures, to generate Lorem Ipsum which looks reasonable.
The generated Lorem Ipsum is therefore always free from repetition, injected humour, or non-characteristic words etc.

<script type="text/javascript">
resizeIframe();
function resizeIframe() {
var me = window.name;

if (me){
var iframes = parent.document.getElementsByName(me);
if (iframes && iframes.length == 1) {
var height = document.body.scrollHeight;
iframes[0].style.height = height + "px";
}
}
}
</script>
</apex:page>

Message Edited by TehNrd on 03-03-2009 03:36 PM
  • March 03, 2009
Hello Folks,

I have a custom object with two masters, until recently it was working fine and we were able to create records for this object, with roll-up summaries on both of the master objects.  I am not sure what triggered the error, but sometime yesterday it started, and now every time we try to create a record we get an "internal server error," with the following details:

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01422: exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows
ORA-06512: at "DOC.CCUSTOMENTITYDATATEMPLATE", line 117
ORA-06512: at "DOC.CCUSTOMENTITYDATATEMPLATE", line 856
ORA-06512: at line 1
: {call cCustomEntityDataTemplate.insert_custentdatas(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)})}

Anyone ever experience anything like this? I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the relationships I've set up between the objects, but I don't believe I'm doing anything particularly troublesome, just roll-ups and some formulas using that roll-up data.

I've logged a case, so we'll see what happens, but I'd greatly appreciate any comments anyone has.

Thank you!

BC
I have two related custom objects in a one to many relationship.  I enter the basic data for the main object, then use the related lists area to make one or more of the secondary objects, and enter data into them.  I'd like to be able (if possible) to enter this data at the same time from the main object tab, without having to go to the secondary object page.  I wouldn't need the ability to create an infinite amount of the secondary objects from the main object page, just maybe 3 or so.  Then if more were necessary, one could use the "new" button on the related lists area, like I'm doing now.

If there is a way to do this, or a way to create multiple lines within an object without having to create new fields for each one, I'd greatly appreciate any and all help.

Thank you very much,

BC